Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Disher

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2024
I had an issue I was wondering if anyone else has had. The video started to get real choppy. Tried different streams and the dino clip, they all did it. Did a reboot and that took care of it, for now. I hope this isn`t a trend with more use.

Disher

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2024
I`m just using it like everyone else, I think. I don`t know what resources could have locked up. Anyone else have any issues with this?

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
I mean like a memory leak. It wouldn’t be anything you did. Just using it naturally and causing it to need a restart. I had my YouTube app I bought do something on 1.0.3 and rebooted. Never happened again.

Eugr

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
VisionOS 1.1 release is now available. Different build number than RC.

Last edited:
Reactions: arfung

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2002
Just discovered that with 1.1 I can put my Macbook Pro into clamshell mode and use my magic keyboard and trackpad. I wasn't able to this before.

I did notice, however, that connecting my magic trackpad to the Vision Pro and instead of to the macbook first, the trackpad wasn't as responsive when trying to scroll.

Reactions: fatTribble

surferfb

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
Just discovered that with 1.1 I can put my Macbook Pro into clamshell mode and use my magic keyboard and trackpad. I wasn't able to this before.

I did notice, however, that connecting my magic trackpad to the Vision Pro and instead of to the macbook first, the trackpad wasn't as responsive when trying to scroll.
Interesting, my MacBook has lived in clamshell its entire life and worked fine in 1.0.3. I am noticing a lot more bluetooth issues since I installed the update, but I haven't tried restarting or anything like that yet.

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
Beta 1.2 is now out.

Yes it is. And I can say eye tracking is greatly improved for me. Updated and re-did the setup. It’s easier for me to select things in crowded settings now. Like - the bell in the upper right corner for notifications of this forum. Used to pull the screen to me or use the trackpad.

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
Yes it is. And I can say eye tracking is greatly improved for me. Updated and re-did the setup. It’s easier for me to select things in crowded settings now. Like - the bell in the upper right corner for notifications of this forum. Used to pull the screen to me or use the trackpad.

Aah cool, even better than 1.1?
Because 1.0.x to 1.1 was also a very good step for me in eye tracking.

arfung

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2015
Also, text in apps and browser seems quite a bit sharper to me in 1.2. Don't know whether this is placebo, or tweaks on Apple side. I wear prescription lenses, so maybe tweaks related to lens inserts...

Reactions: Donstil-nl

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
That sounds good. Hope they will release 1.2 soon.
Here in the EU is no support on the Vision Pro so updating to beta will be a little tricky

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
Haven’t read much on VisionOS 1.2 beta. Has anyone noticed any features or improvements?

They released Special Persona in Beta 1.2, that's a big improvement.

I am on 1.2 Beta 2 and EyeTracking is also a little better.

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
Someone already said they didn’t see any changes. I think they are just polishing what should have originally launched.

It appears 1.2 is all about bug fixes but considering they fixed a major issue I was having with eye tracking cause me to have to recalibrate every 2 to 3 days I’ll take it all day every day!!!!

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Just curious for anyone running the beta, how’s the battery life?
I was over 30% yesterday and when I put it on today it was completely dead. I’m still on 1.1.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.