Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
I have to say B1 was better for me. Updated last night to B2. Woke up this morning to a rebooted VP and a message about recovering from a crash, please fill out this report. Today, it crashed on me twice but without the "recovered" message. All my apps disappeared, blanked out, the apple logo appeared. Was inconvenient.

Tried doing a "hard reset" by holding the crown and left button down until it rebooted. So far so good, but don't have all the apps open I used earlier.

For the record, I'm using it to work. Use Microsoft Teams, my password manager, safari & edge (with multiple tabs each), messages, a widget for battery and clock, sometimes word, excel, powerpoint, the iPad Outlook client, etc.

I'll see how it acts tomorrow. Hopefully doing the hard reset fixed whatever issue I had after the update.

MinimeJer05

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2020
Minnesota
I have to say B1 was better for me. Updated last night to B2. Woke up this morning to a rebooted VP and a message about recovering from a crash, please fill out this report. Today, it crashed on me twice but without the "recovered" message. All my apps disappeared, blanked out, the apple logo appeared. Was inconvenient.

Tried doing a "hard reset" by holding the crown and left button down until it rebooted. So far so good, but don't have all the apps open I used earlier.

For the record, I'm using it to work. Use Microsoft Teams, my password manager, safari & edge (with multiple tabs each), messages, a widget for battery and clock, sometimes word, excel, powerpoint, the iPad Outlook client, etc.

I'll see how it acts tomorrow. Hopefully doing the hard reset fixed whatever issue I had after the update.
How has it been working for you since the reboot?

I haven't pulled the trigger on 2 yet as the first one has been running smoothly.

johnhirsch

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2008
I loaded it. Had an issue with no highlights on eye/cursor hovers, which was fixed with a hard reboot. Only issue at the moment is some jitteriness with using the mouse when using Mac. Overall pretty solid.

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
How has it been working for you since the reboot?

I haven't pulled the trigger on 2 yet as the first one has been running smoothly.

Better. At the end of the day yesterday I had what I’d call a kernel panic attack where everything blanked out, then the Apple logo. And and went until I held down the buttons to do a hard reset.

Today, used it for most of the morning without issue.

bamf-hacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
So far so good... Seems pretty stable. Have been using it since it rebooted from the beta install and no issues yet

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
So far so good for me. No issues during or after the install like others had with the previous betas that required a hard restart. I’ve only been using it for about an hour and have been primarily in Safari so we’ll see what it’s like when I’m working in other apps tomorrow after work.

Rainerm

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2024
SF Nay area
Same here.
The update went without hiccups.
I don’t notice anything different except for one thing. I did the update in our living room. Kind of a dim lighting. After the update it felt “brighter” , could be it’s just a placebo effect. If anyone else updating in a dim environment could pay attention before and after that would great. Could be it’s just in my head, lol.

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
Beta 3 had been better until late morning. It did another panic attack. Wondering if it’s a memory constraint it doesn’t know how to handle yet. Had two small apps, Safari and Edge with multiple tabs each, teams and OneNote open.

arfung

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2015
Beta 3 had been better until late morning. It did another panic attack. Wondering if it’s a memory constraint it doesn’t know how to handle yet. Had two small apps, Safari and Edge with multiple tabs each, teams and OneNote open.
The release notes say that teams crashes with some accessibility options on. Maybe there is a more general problem with Teams?

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
The release notes say that teams crashes with some accessibility options on. Maybe there is a more general problem with Teams?

Possible. Saw that note. I don't have any accessibility options enabled. MAYBE Microsoft, with their HaloLens is trying to sabotage the VP experience by causing it to crash!

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
Possible. Saw that note. I don't have any accessibility options enabled. MAYBE Microsoft, with their HaloLens is trying to sabotage the VP experience by causing it to crash!

I’m dating myself a bit here but I was born in 1981 and remember the old Microsoft adage I used to hear others talk about. “DOS ain’t done until Lotus won’t run” … ;)

arfung

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2015
I’ve been using the 1.1b3 for a few hours per day for the last few days, and this beta feels much more solid than 1.03 for me. With 1.03, I’d have to force quit apps (esp. Safari) a few times every few hours, and then restart the whole thing (because it got really slow and rendering got janky) once every few hours. I haven’t had to force quit or restart at all with 1.1b3 (fingers crossed).

Reactions: OriginalAppleGuy

Disher

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2024
It would be nice to get an explanation as to what the updates should fix, like the other Apple updates. Or am I missing something, entirely possible.

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
There is a comprehensive list of what’s fixed and known issues on the page. When you go to update, it lists it. You can also go to the Feedback app to see notifications. There - the list of new features, fixes, etc. are listed.

You can also go to the developer web site, search for visionOS 1.3 beta 3 and get to the following:

visionOS 1.1 Beta 3 Release Notes​

Update your apps to use new features, and test your apps against API changes.

Overview

The visionOS 1.1 SDK provides support for developing apps for Apple Vision Pro devices running visionOS 1.1 beta 3. The SDK comes bundled with Xcode 15.3, available from the Mac App Store. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 15.3, see Xcode 15.3 Release Notes.

General

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Apps built for visionOS changing scene types or upgrading from a compatible app will crash on launch if previously launched on a device. (121478050)

3rd Party Apps

Known Issues

• Some third-party apps, including Microsoft Teams, might crash on launch or during use when Accessibility options are enabled. (122506670) (FB13595783)
    Workaround: Disable any Accessibility options before launching impacted apps.

Accessibility

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: The AccessibilityShortcut preference is reset if VoiceOver is toggled via triple-click of the crown immediately after completing setup. (121466353)

App Placement

New Features

• Near-user boundary for volumetric scenes have been modified. Users will now be able to reposition volumetric scenes much closer than before, which will enable easier direct interaction with the volumetric scene content. (120926205)

App Store Submission

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Apps built for visionOS are unable to use the front-facing-camera UI Required Device Capability. (121465787)

Control Center

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Opening Control Center during tracking fail or while transitioning into Travel Mode will lead to the Control Center indicator disappearing. (119676121)

Known Issues

• The Control Center indicator might be missing. (121071017)
    Workaround: Reboot your Apple Vision Pro.

Immersive Space

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Immersive apps might not resume automatically if Apple Vision Pro is taken off and put back in a different location. (122561314)

Lock Screen

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Passcodes containing a character which uses a diacritic can’t be used to unlock Apple Vision Pro. (122551154)

Mac Virtual Display / AirPlay Wireless

Known Issues

• Mac Virtual Display and AirPlay are known to conflict when used concurrently. Concurrent usage might result in performance degradation including connection failure. (110475215)

Markup

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Markup is not available for use in the visionOS Simulator. (122125666)

Passcode

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Passcode UI not obscured in screen recording and sharing. (121482327)

Passkeys

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Registering passkeys might not work on certain websites. (122217903)

Persona Enrollment

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Eye tracking may not be accurate after Persona capture until the next time you put on Apple Vision Pro. (121630768)

RealityKit

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: In multi-scene apps, custom Systems created for each scene are now released when the scene is dismissed. (116190653)
  • Fixed: RealityKit reports incorrect visualBounds for Attachments, which may impact entity placement. Larger attachments may be clipped due to the incorrect visualBounds values. (121887607)

Known Issues

• Assigning a new VideoPlayerComponent to an Entity that already has one will result in a black video screen. (117087641)
    Workaround: Reuse the existing VideoPlayerComponent or remove the existing one first before assigning the new one.
  • A scene associated with the RealityRenderer might be incorrectly registered to a non-RealityRenderer system resulting in a crash. (122392672)

Settings

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Users might not be able to shut down Apple Vision Pro from Settings. (120555236)

ShaderGraph Materials

Known Issues

• ShaderGraph material node compositions might result in invalid visual output. (122723231)
    Workaround: Avoid using a common asset node for both a surface shader and a geometry modifier within a single material or duplicate the asset node if needed.

Simulator

Known Issues

• Simulator might quit unexpectedly when using Apple Studio Display or other 4-channel systems for audio output. (122506938)
    Workaround: Before launching Simulator, switch the audio output of your Mac to a different device such as headphones.

Siri

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Siri may be unusable. (122361345)
  • Fixed: Unable to invoke Siri in simulator. (122514562)

StoreKit

New Features

• New pricing properties price, currency, and currencyCode are now available on Transaction. If an offer was applied to the transaction, a new property offer is available to see information about it (id, type, payment mode), as well as convenience properties offerID, offerType, and offerPaymentMode. (106650768)
  • productDescriptionHidden(_:) API can be used to configure the visibility of product descriptions in ProductView, StoreView and SubscriptionStoreView instances within a view hierarchy. When building with Xcode 15.3, the view modifier can be used even if your app is running on iOS 17.0, iPadOS 17.0, macOS 14.0, tvOS 17.0, watchOS 10.0, visionOS 1.0, or later.
    When implementing a product view style, it can support this new view modifier by checking the descriptionVisibility property on the configuration value. (110414819) (FB12261973)
  • You can use SubscriptionStoreView to present promotional offers by adding the subscriptionPromotionalOffer(offer:signature:) modifier.
    If you’re already using inAppPurchaseOptions(_:) modifier to support promotional offers for StoreKit views, you should adopt the new API instead when your app is running on iOS 17.4, iPadOS 17.4, macOS 14.4, tvOS 17.4, watchOS 10.4, visionOS 1.1 or later. Do not use both APIs to apply a promotional offer for the same view. (115358806)

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: The isEligibleForIntroOffer property and isEligibleForIntroOffer(for:)method now reflect ineligibility in cases where a customer would otherwise be eligible for the offer if they weren’t actively subscribed. This means a customer which is not currently eligible for an introductory offer may become eligible in the future.
    Customers who redeem an introductory offer for a given subscription group will continue to never be eligible for another introductory offer in that subscription group. You can detect this case this by checking if any one transaction with a matching subscriptionGroupID has the type property on offer set to introductory. (103604770) (FB11889732)
  • Fixed an issue causing the refund request “Done” button to not dismiss the sheet when using StoreKit Testing in Xcode. (117482750)
  • Fixed: Apps which configure a SubscriptionStoreView to show terms of service & privacy policy links with automatic or URL destinations will now open the URLs in the default browser. (120985657) (FB13540404)

SwiftUI

New Features

• Immersive Space displacement value added to the Environment, indicating when the system has moved an Immersive Space from its default position for an active SharePlay session. (117694400)
  • Introduced named SwiftUI coordinate space for Immersive Space. Allows cross-window coordinate conversions to an open immersive space. (118422388)

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Volumes using the defaultSize(_: Rect3D, in: UnitLength) modifier to specify size, will now be the specified physical size at all display zooms. (116579319) (FB13240946)
  • Fixed: If the display zoom is changed in settings while a volume with a physical size is open, the content might be clipped. (120554484)

UI Frameworks

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: Navigation bar display title modes are now respected and result in a smaller or larger navigation bar title. (114283700)

UIKit

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: UIApplication. setAlternateIconName(_:completionHandler:) is not supported in native visionOS apps. This does not affect compatible apps running on visionOS. (120929653) (FB13535833)

Vibrancy

Resolved Issues

• Fixed: UILabel.preferredVibrancy only supported semantic label colors, but now it supports all colors.
    let label = UILabel()
    label.preferredVibrancy = .automatic // default value
    label.textColor = .red // label will be rendered as vibrant red.

(115106359)

See Also

Reactions: DaPhox

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
I have to say 1.3 Beta 3 has been working pretty well for me. I had an issue thinking it was just how watching YouTube on Safari in this thing was - the controls stayed on screen with the slider bar. Moving hands would often cause the bar to move and was frustrating as all get out. A hard reset corrected that - and an issue I had with environments not showing up. Was just black.

Lesson to remember - unlike the iPhone or iPad, hold down the two buttons ONLY until the screen turns black after the shut off slider appears. Otherwise, you get to Diagnostics Mode. I was screwing that up.

Reactions: Disher

Disher

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2024
So, the bottom line is we should all occasionally do a hard reset to make sure all is updated? Thanks

bamf-hacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
visionOS 1.1 b4 is out... Installing now and updated the first post with the release notes and build info. The link will point to the b4 notes as soon as Apple updates the developer page.

nkgmd

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2004
Not sure if this is technically a bug, but has anyone noticed that in the moon environment, dark mode, at the top right field of view there’s a full moon? Same spot as in other dark nature environments. Wouldn’t Earth be larger and more blue? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.