Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
where does it say it is not suppose to be scratched up? when was the last time you bought a pair of shoes that didn't crease in less than 4 days?

You're kidding right?

The shoe analogy would be like you put on a pair of shoes and break out in blisters all over your feet...only they'd be permanent scars.

You wouldn't think much of shoes like that now would you?

left

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007

You're kidding right?

The shoe analogy would be like you put on a pair of shoes and break out in blisters all over your feet...only they'd be permanent scars.

You wouldn't think much of shoes like that now would you?

So you get a ear infection from the phone?

My Ferragamos crease. They are worth more than a iPhone.

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs

The point of a case is to protect your phone.

If the case itself creases, not as big a deal that's sort of its job. But if the case itself is damaging the device it is supposed to be protecting, then that is a serious problem.

So to recap:

Expensive shoes creasing? fine
Iphone case creasing or being damaged somehow? fine
Iphone being damaged by case? not fine
Feet being damaged by expensive shoes: not fine.

Capiche?

jwa276

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Los Angeles, CA

Left, I'm sorry but your point holds no value in this thread. The point of this thread is that this is a terrible case and people should know not to buy it.

You obviously either have a scratch free iPhone or no iPhone at all, because so far in this thread I have seen nobody affected by this issue that is not upset about it.

Unless you are intending to start a flame war, I will politely suggest you stop :)

danny-bonaducci

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2007
Though I did not have my receipt or packing for this case, I did manage to take it back to the Apple store last night. I had to exchange it for something else that was from InCase so that they could send it back in an InCase package. I ended up with some folding case that I do not like either, but I figure it will be easier to sell than the original piece of crap. I did call InCase, only got to voicemail and asked them to please contact me.. Nothing.. What a crappy company, I would never do business with these guys again..

By the time I returned the case it was so stretched out that it could easily fall off the phone. I am less concerned about the small scuff marks on the chrome it left, and more concerned about how it stretched out so much. Though it does seem pretty lame that a "protective" case leaves the item it is "protecting" in worse shape than it started.

Anyone wanna buy a case?

-DB

left

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
Left, I'm sorry but your point holds no value in this thread. The point of this thread is that this is a terrible case and people should know not to buy it.

You obviously either have a scratch free iPhone or no iPhone at all, because so far in this thread I have seen nobody affected by this issue that is not upset about it.

Unless you are intending to start a flame war, I will politely suggest you stop :)

That's not my only post in this thread. You did not read every post in this thread either because there is more people besides myself that does not care if the phone gets scratched. It's just a phone.

Can't really say it's a expensive phone. I had a first gen razr that was over $500. My last Nokia was also over $500. Although a case didn't do it, it got scratched. It's life.

jwa276

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
That's not my only post in this thread. You did not read every post in this thread either because there is more people besides myself that does not care if the phone gets scratched. It's just a phone.

Can't really say it's a expensive phone. I had a first gen razr that was over $500. My last Nokia was also over $500. Although a case didn't do it, it got scratched. It's life.

I still don't get your point at all... Did you buy a case that stretched out and scratched the crap out of either one? Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

What most people are angry about here is the fact that they paid money to "protect" their $600 iPhone and the case ended up doing nothing but stretching out and scratching their phones in less than a week of use... Generally the idea is you buy a case to keep your phone from getting scratched, and maybe the whole reason everyone who bought this case was actually looking to protect their phone...

Phones get scratched. Duh. But that's why you get the case, because it is supposed to keep things protected.

Tired of repeating myself... :mad:

left

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
I still don't get your point at all... Did you buy a case that stretched out and scratched the crap out of either one? Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

What most people are angry about here is the fact that they paid money to "protect" their $600 iPhone and the case ended up doing nothing but stretching out and scratching their phones in less than a week of use... Generally the idea is you buy a case to keep your phone from getting scratched, and maybe the whole reason everyone who bought this case was actually looking to protect their phone...

Phones get scratched. Duh. But that's why you get the case, because it is supposed to keep things protected.

Tired of repeating myself... :mad:

But people are putting rubber on their phones. When was the last time you rubbed clean sticky rubber on your car and it didn't get scratched? You don't buy a rubber case for your phone if you don't want it to get scratched. If you want to protect it from hitting the ground, then I can understand.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
The case sucks and Apple should have used better quality for the chrome.it should not scratch so easily. Read the heads most people and most cases are providing the same results.

hmp

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Just wanted to chime in real quick..

I had bought the InCase with my original iPhone on the 29th. I noticed the case stretching out, but didn't pay attention to the chrome until I saw another thread about the chrome getting scratched. By that time, I had already exchanged my original iPhone (because of a speaker issue) and put my new iPhone in the case. The new iPhone was in the case for ONE day, and had some noticeable scratches when I took it out. I had cleaned the case prior to putting my iPhone in, so it's not as if the case had a large amount of dust.

Anyway, I returned the InCase yesterday. Until Vaja comes out with a better case, I'm going with the skin (best skins ever) I just put on and no case.

txmacfan

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2007
Scratches?

I've had the Incase for 2 weeks, no scratches on the bezel. Good luck with your class action lawsuit.

brendanlim

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2007
Why not use the Best Skin Ever to protect the bezel -- then put it in the Incase for drop protection?

I cut up some strips to run along the edges of my bezel (waiting on BSE to come in) -- and popped it into my Incase.

The Vaja is nice, but it looks like EVERY case is going to scratch the bezel as long as it covers it and has a chance to touch it.

HkyGrL2

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2007
if people complain enough, i'm sure something will be done. I bought an Ispeck cover and neither of the two that came in the pack fit. There is a thread out on it already. I was so excited to put it on that as soon as I got into my car I put it on. Didn't fit at all. Had to return it the minute I put it on!
A lot of people have complained about it and it's no longer on apple site. So, who knows. Maybe they'll recognize that the incase has problems too.
Although, ...knock on wood....i don't have problems with my incase YET.Though I do notice a lot of dirt collecting on it.
I wish apple would have put a cover over the port connector...er uh whatever you call it. It freaks me out to see dirt in it.

jersey

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007
Possible Solution!

Just browsing the apple boards and found this post:

UPDATE: a friend just suggested i try my jewelry wipes that im always ranting about how good they buff my white gold and stailess steel, well, they buff out scratches on chrome too! just wiped my screthches free! there from Christian Bernard, bought them at Bloomingdales and therye call jewlerly wipes in a little round white container!

Link to thread:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1041613&tstart=15

Anyone want to give it a shot?

scotty588

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The problem with this case is I usually keep the phone in my pocket and when I need to pull it out it usually ends up pulling out my whole pocket with it. The rubber makes it hard to put in or take out so I think I might end up returning it.

Anyone have any suggestions for a non rubber case. I would also like to stay away from the hard plastic ones.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
People crack me up. The concept of hiding a sleek phone inside a rubber case reminds me of old ladies who put clear plastic over their nice white furniture, to protect it from spills and stains, so that it will always look new, in case the President ever comes over, for whom the plastic comes off. But years go by, the President never comes over, and the plastic never comes off.

You rubber case guys are crazier than granny! You aren't even waiting until the President shows up. You're peeking under the rubber case NOW, then complaining that there are scratches, which no one will see ...because you keep the phone in a rubber case.

Use a case to protect the phone from *damage* folks...cracked glass, broken buttons, etc. A scratch on the chrome trim is *not* damage.

Ok, to be fair, maybe some of you are trying to keep the phone 100% mint in case you decide to sell it. You're excused. But the rest of you are grannies. :)

p.s. wanna see REAL scratches? Shine a flashlight on the chrome parts of your car. Do you keep your car in a rubber case?

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Coddled iPhone as white couch... perfect!

People crack me up. The concept of hiding a sleek phone inside a rubber case reminds me of old ladies who put clear plastic over their nice white furniture, to protect it from spills and stains, so that it will always look new, in case the President ever comes over, for whom the plastic comes off. But years go by, the President never comes over, and the plastic never comes off.

I loved that whole post. The drift of it made me laugh, thinking of people who come up here, buy a place for seasonal residence, buy a small pickup truck to decorate their driveway, then start hassling the town to oil (or even pave!) their road because the dirt and stones scratch their poor l'il trucks. WHAT DID THEY BUY THE DARN TRUCK FOR? A truck is to haul stuff around in. An iPhone is to haul stuff around in and to make phone calls and surf the web and watch TV and listen to music and make shopping lists and email pals and... Scratches, eh, wear them with pride! They're patriotic symbols of a pioneering spirit! ;-) Or anyway they're part of life, so grab your iPhone and get on with learning how to depend on it, scratches and all. When I buy a vehicle, I always kinda distrust those ones been detailed to the max. I start looking for the bondo...

linshiwen

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2007

You rubber case guys are crazier than granny! You aren't even waiting until the President shows up. You're peeking under the rubber case NOW, then complaining that there are scratches, which no one will see ...because you keep the phone in a rubber case.

Winner!

Sn0wleopard

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2009
Yeah dude I have the same problem. It's still an outstanding iPhone case but the good thing about it is that when you put the case on you can't see the scratches. But when I uses my vaja they're pretty clear in the right light.

But... If you have the 1 year warranty you can fake an excuse for a new iPhone and snag a new case while you're at it, haha. Just a suggestion. ;)

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Yeah dude I have the same problem. It's still an outstanding iPhone case but the good thing about it is that when you put the case on you can't see the scratches. But when I uses my vaja they're pretty clear in the right light.

But... If you have the 1 year warranty you can fake an excuse for a new iPhone and snag a new case while you're at it, haha. Just a suggestion. ;)

Was it really necessary to bring up a thread that's nearly 2 years old?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.