Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Hey MacRumours forum - and mrspooney!

Hope this post is OK - I'm the seller (and designer!) of the Watch Band holder referenced above. I was browsing my stats this month and saw a spike in traffic coming from over here. Much confusion of course but I put two and two together. I saw the word "bad faith" and I panicked!

This is indeed my design - (hopefully you'll see the same profile photo on printables and etsy) I'm a big fan of sharing designs where I can, for those with the right tools and capabilities - but also sell (some of) the finished product too. I'm not super keen on licensing STLs themselves, but open to people using the designs I make for free. (Maybe I should link between the two sites on each listing to remove confusion - not sure of the best practice on that!)

Benefit of that is it gives me the opportunity to make more customised designs from the source file than those who just have the STL.

(The other side of that, is I'm looking to get some machined in Aluminium but I haven't had the chance to source that yet....)

Daww, shucks. Really appreciate the positivity and spreading the word - honestly means a lot :)

Anyway - hope it's not innapropriate posting here. Just wanted to add my 2 pennies worth!
Should be fine posting here. Good to see you!

Wanting to make sure that all those sales go back to you, I hate STL thiefs. Not cool to take someone's design for yourself then profit off of it.

It's a nice holder. I suggest making a version that has a lid/cap which can clip into place for presentable & functional travel storage!

Reactions: Ben_Robots

andricop

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2011
Just using a 1060 Peli case

AW straps 1.png

AW straps2.png

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2004
Something new from twelve south:

TimePorter

Yeah I saw that and thought it was pretty cool. As someone that basically just wears the red and black bands right now, and occasionally a leather one I bought, I think it’s neat. I actually need to get into looking at more bands…and maybe even a case of some sort for my watch itself because while I l love my red watch it is certainly a bold choice…

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
Have some of the new Twelve South TimePorters and figured I’d organize the collection in preparation to mount them so here’s my newly curated collection!

ThNlPqm.jpg

Sport Bands, Loops, and Links on the TimePorters, Hermès bands laid out flat, and the two steel bands stored in a Von Holzhausen Band Pouch which is kept in my sling bag so there’s always options on the go.

Jonnoy

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
UK
Have some of the new Twelve South TimePorters and figured I’d organize the collection in preparation to mount them so here’s my newly curated collection!

ThNlPqm.jpg

Sport Bands, Loops, and Links on the TimePorters, Hermès bands laid out flat, and the two steel bands stored in a Von Holzhausen Band Pouch which is kept in my sling bag so there’s always options on the go.
Awesome collection! Any chance you recall where to obtain one of the white mats you have your Hermes band laid out on please? Thank you 🙏

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
Awesome collection! Any chance you recall where to obtain one of the white mats you have your Hermes band laid out on please? Thank you 🙏

Was a spontaneous find on eBay quite some time ago, listing isn’t available anymore.

Reactions: Jonnoy

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
I would love to have the Apple leather mat and tray 😍

Actually, is that the only leather product at Apple? I am happy to recycle it for them LOL

IMG_0668.jpeg

Reactions: AppleKarma

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I would love to have the Apple leather mat and tray 😍

Actually, is that the only leather product at Apple? I am happy to recycle it for them LOL

View attachment 2324740
The leather mats can be found for $100-300 depending on size and condition, and the trays are $50-150. Gotta get a shipping forwarder though as the sellers who have them don’t ship outside China.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.