Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silentscreams22

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
So I'm just curious what everyone uses to store their watch bands in? I just bought several bands one I'm really excited to get is an American flag band!

I was thinking about getting a small box to store mine.

ejwbauer

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2016
In transit...
I am sure most of us are going to end up with more than one watch band for our AW, how do you intend to store your bands? Is there a tray like storage box available in the market? This tray should be small enough to fit on my bed side table.

I also want something to store and display my alternate bands along with my watch, but couldn't find a good option, so I created the below.

What do you guys think? Just artwork at present, but strongly considering prototyping and/or building this product.

Would sincerely appreciate any feedback, even if you think both concepts suck ;-)

watchcase_v1_iso.jpg
watchcase_v2_front.jpg
watchcase_v2_remove2.jpg

dtayeb

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2016
This is what I am currently using to store my straps. I still can't find a suitable stand/display for my straps. I want to be able to take a glance and pick up the matching strap (usually in the mornings) instead of rummaging this tupperware box...:(

tvQwBkH.jpg

Ooh! Where did you get these nylon bands?!

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
Hello, my name is Filip and I had an Apple Watch band problem—actually one how to store the growing collection. As for now I have about 18 bands, and I didn't want to keep them in a simple PP box from Muji (a pencil case to be more specific) hidden somewhere. The boxes are great, don't get it wrong, but I wanted something more custom, something that suits the bands more.

I decided to do some research—and some weeks and prototypes later I wanted to share the result with you. My solution is made of Plexiglas (acrylic glass) cut by laser. After the first prototype I made some refinements and "produced" three different version, the last and my favorite one with an integrated charging dock.

I am currently working on a small website to share some instruction with you. (The site is already online, but I need some time for a translation in english). What you do think about? Maybe little "overdone", not space-saving and not perfect, but overall a satisfying custom made solution for me.

160516_bandbreite_img_14.jpg 160626_bandbreite_img_15.JPG 160626_bandbreite_img_09.JPG 160626_bandbreite_img_15.JPG 160626_bandbreite_img_16.JPG 160626_bandbreite_img_14.JPG

Last edited:

ejwbauer

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2016
In transit...
I am sure most of us are going to end up with more than one watch band for our AW, how do you intend to store your bands? Is there a tray like storage box available in the market? This tray should be small enough to fit on my bed side table.

I looked all over for a really good way to store my Apple Watch and spare Watch bands, but pretty much everything out there is a generic box or case made for standard watches. So instead of resorting to a plastic tub, I decided to build the type of product I wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hello, my name is Filip and I had an Apple Watch band problem—actually one how to store the growing collection. As for now I have about 18 bands, and I didn't want to keep them in a simple PP box from Muji (a pencil case to be more specific) hidden somewhere. The boxes are great, don't get it wrong, but I wanted something more custom, something that suits the bands more.

I decided to do some research—and some weeks and prototypes later I wanted to share the result with you. My solution is made of Plexiglas (acrylic glass) cut by laser. After the first prototype I made some refinements and "produced" three different version, the last and my favorite one with an integrated charging dock.

I am currently working on a small website to share some instruction with you. (The site is already online, but I need some time for a translation in english). What you do think about? Maybe little "overdone", not space-saving and not perfect, but overall a satisfying custom made solution for me.

View attachment 643087 View attachment 643092 View attachment 643088 View attachment 643089 View attachment 643090 View attachment 643091
I would literally buy this in a half second if I saw on Amazon etc. any plans to market to the public??

RocketSledder77

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Buena Vista, Florida

View attachment 643087 View attachment 643092 View attachment 643088 View attachment 643089 View attachment 643090 View attachment 643091

Hello did you ever finish your website or the details on how to make one of this? Or at least the 3D files please?

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
@pcall1128 , @Cubbiemolly and @RocketSledder77 — Thanks guys! I really appreciate your kind words.
The site in online and as for now only available in German. Sorry for that.
:: www.bandbreite.watch

I managed it to find an online laser cutting service and guided few guys through the process—but all of them are living in Germany, so its quite an easy thing to offer a helping hand here.

Let me know if I can help you in anyway. Will try to do my best—actually you "just" need to find an online laser cutting service near you. I would provide you the files you need for.

simplified587

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2008
I also want something to store and display my alternate bands along with my watch, but couldn't find a good option, so I created the below.

What do you guys think? Just artwork at present, but strongly considering prototyping and/or building this product.

Would sincerely appreciate any feedback, even if you think both concepts suck ;-)

View attachment 641146 View attachment 641147 View attachment 641148
I really like this first one. Looks very modern.

Reactions: silvermx5

silvermx5

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2013
I really like this first one. Looks very modern.
<i too like very much the first one (grey box). Does de cover of the box only acooomodate 2 bands? or beneath the first "tray" is another for more bands?
I own more than 2 extra bands.... actually 6 extra bands.

Congrats the grey one is perfect, very professional, ready to go to market ...

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
I am fortunate to have a 3D printer so here is my solution:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1109848

I've printed 3 of these off now. My V2 design will have some kind of a lid.

Hello, BillGates1969. This is really nice, not only because its so simple.

Can I ask you something, 'cause you have a 3D printer and some experience with printing. Do you think its possible to 3D-print something similar to the stand Apple use for its last hands-on area?

a3.jpg a2.jpg

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
Hello, BillGates1969. This is really nice, not only because its so simple.

Can I ask you something, 'cause you have a 3D printer and some experience with printing. Do you think its possible to 3D-print something similar to the stand Apple use for its last hands-on area?

View attachment 665666 View attachment 665667

Yep, I should be able to do that. Not sure weather to do two piece or one piece (gravity looks like I need two pieces!), I'll give it a go and get back to you :)

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
@pcall1128 , @Cubbiemolly and @RocketSledder77 — Thanks guys! I really appreciate your kind words.
The site in online and as for now only available in German. Sorry for that.
:: www.bandbreite.watch

I managed it to find an online laser cutting service and guided few guys through the process—but all of them are living in Germany, so its quite an easy thing to offer a helping hand here.

Let me know if I can help you in anyway. Will try to do my best—actually you "just" need to find an online laser cutting service near you. I would provide you the files you need for.

I'd happily translate the website for you and help if you're able to make me one of them beautiful things!

LouisLoh

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
I am not a huge fan of the color inside, but this is still a nice option—even if officially for 10 bands only.
http://www.techswiss.com/leather-portfolio-apple-watch-band-case/

It's available on amazon for a little less.

Cheers, I have come across that. Unfortunately I'd need more than 10 and the double fastening is a little too cumbersome for my taste.

I'm currently using an old tech 'dopp kit' - looking for something a little more upscale and with individual pockets if possible.

pxtWwwP.jpg
VDxsMCa.jpg
FbjkhlM.jpg

Bonus pictures: I really love the leather bands from MVMT. Using them with adapters from Clockwork Synergy and the metallic colours match up really well.
06cZ7GU.jpg
weljilc.jpg

agkftc

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2016
Bonus pictures: I really love the leather bands from MVMT. Using them with adapters from Clockwork Synergy and the metallic colours match up really well.
06cZ7GU.jpg
weljilc.jpg

I really like that band, is that the 24mm Classic strap in sandstone or the 22mm Chrono strap in sandstone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.