Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nathasnajperowa

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2016
I installed watchOS 10 since beta 3, and until now a real annoying bug is occurring… every time I swipe between watchfaces the time shows up as 10:09 and then updates quick to the correct time.

But it is not the worst… with faces such as infograph or Wayfinder EVERYTIME I raise my wrist to see what time is it, it shows 10:09 and then updates. But only with the digital up middle complication which has the seconds… anyone having this issue?

Sleep tracking is not working properly as well…
RC? Looks like they need more time to work.
Same issue for me - i don't get why. annoying as hell.
Battery life, swipe faces, screen brightness is fine now.

Attachments

• incoming-C30C8763-C886-43F2-8F99-3D3A91EC15B5.PNG
    incoming-C30C8763-C886-43F2-8F99-3D3A91EC15B5.PNG
    68.4 KB · Views: 104

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Installed 10.2 rc and cannot swipe between the faces. Still have to hard press then swipe. Ultra 2

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Mine does it too. Don’t see what the big deal is. It’s 10:09 for a split second and then goes back to normal. If Apple deem it important enough, they will address it via a future update.

remmarx

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2023
it is for me also in the RC 10.2.
Have you found a solution?

For the 10:09 problem, the only way I found was to turn off the swipe faces option. It solves the problem, but I lose the most antecipated feature, at least for me…

tomtattoo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
Berlin
Thanks for your quick answer.
Turning off is for the same reasons not an option.

I was so happy that 10.2 came out today, but now I´m so disappointed.
I can´t understand it..it has worked for years before WatchOS 10 and they broke it. :(

remmarx

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2023
Thanks for your quick answer.
Turning off is for the same reasons not an option.

I was so happy that 10.2 came out today, but now I´m so disappointed.
I can´t understand it..it has worked for years before WatchOS 10 and they broke it. :(

Tbh, I don’t know how such a thing comes to a final version… in an apple WATCH, they messes up with the main reason for having a watch in first place. The basic. Showing us the TIME. Even for seconds. There were so many betas! Unbelievable.

rbart

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2013
France
It’s not the first problem in the world …
It takes one second !
The most likely reason for that is that only one screen is active to preserve battery life.
When you swipe, you first see the screen preview with dummy data, like for widgets. And it takes one second to refresh.
When you was swiping by long touch, it was the same, while swiping, all the screens show preview data.
It’s not a bug, it’s designed like this, probably to be smoother

remmarx

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2023
It’s not the first problem in the world …
It takes one second !
The most likely reason for that is that only one screen is active to preserve battery life.
When you swipe, you first see the screen preview with dummy data, like for widgets. And it takes one second to refresh.
When you was swiping by long touch, it was the same, while swiping, all the screens show preview data.
It’s not a bug, it’s designed like this, probably to be smoother

When I swipe between watch faces, it shows 10:09. It is not a bug, it is a feature. No problem.

What I’m saying is that it shows 10:09 every time I raise my wrist to see the time.

Every single and quick moment I try to just see time (forget about changing faces) it shows 10:09 and then, updates for the real one.

Remember: only with Infograph and Wayfinder, in the upper middle clock complication (which has the seconds).

I’m sorry, but for me, it is a big deal.

Reactions: Firestorm007

Diopter

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
I’d be annoyed if every time I raised my wrist it briefly showed 10:09. That’s a ridiculous bug.

I’m not experiencing that with Infograph with swiping enabled. Clearly a bug and unintended.

Reactions: remmarx

remmarx

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2023
So you are honestly stating, hand on heart, that seeing the time 10:09 for less than half a second is a big deal for you?

So you are honest stating, hand on heart, that seeing the time 10:09 for less than half a second in a FINAL VERSION software, of a billionaire company as Apple, in a… WATCH, is not something to be upset about? Ok. Nevermind.

I work with something that I need to update and fill some papers precisely every 5 minutes or so… seeing 10:09 3928372x times per day is annoying for me.

Reactions: LarryJoe33

remmarx

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2023
But he is not saying that, at least from how I read it. If he was saying that, that bug would be totally unacceptable. He is just saying when he swipes watch faces, for half a second, it shows 10:09. No way in the world should that be a big deal for anybody.

I said multiple times… Everytime I raise my wrist. EVERYTIME. Only using Infograph and Wayfinder. That’s why I’m using modular ultra now. Against my will.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I said multiple times… Everytime I raise my wrist. EVERYTIME. Only using Infograph and Wayfinder. That’s why I’m using modular ultra now. Against my will.

Did you reboot the watch?

I tried this and cannot reproduce it. I see 10:09 when applying the watch face for a second but never again on raise once it's applied. Tried with AOD on and off just in case that contributed to the issue. I was using Wayfinder and Modular Ultra.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England

Aaah sorry my mistake. Yes that’s a load of bollox and completely unacceptable! And that would make me not want to wear my watch to be honest.

I’m not that it helps you, but I have tried to reproduce it with swipe faces enabled and cannot.

remmarx

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2023
Yep I did reboot it. I installed the RC beta when it released. So I waited for the RC2 or something different in the final version…

The final version came and was the same version I already had.

Planning on pairing it again. The only problem doing it is reconfiguring cards in wallet again. But I’ll try it now and come back to tell you all.

Reactions: Howard2k

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Google any watch manufacturer and their marketing photos always show analogue watch faces showing 10:09. Apple are simply mimicking this. Not a bug.

remmarx

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2023
Update!!!

I unpaired and paired again from backup. Same problem.

I unpaired and paired again as a new device. Problem solved!

It was officially a bug. And it’s gone! Finally!

Once I had a problem with my old Apple Watch S6 (I don’t even remember what problem it was) and the support recommended doing it, reinstalling as a new device. I kept this advice for life lol.

Thank you all! If it happens to anyone, try doing the same!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.