Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Tonight, I'm listening to few classics from Motown, indeed, it is long past time to salute this magnificent sound:

A few from 'The Supremes' 'You Keep Me Hanging On',, and 'Reflections' (with Diana Ross); "Dancing In The Street", by Martha Reeves and The Vandellas, , "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", a timeless classic by Marvin Gaye, and "The Tracks Of My Tears" by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles....

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Tonight, I'm listening to few classics from Motown, indeed, it is long past time to salute this magnificent sound:

A few from 'The Supremes' 'You Keep Me Hanging On',, and 'Reflections' (with Diana Ross); "Dancing In The Street", by Martha Reeves and The Vandellas, , "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", a timeless classic by Marvin Gaye, and "The Tracks Of My Tears" by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles....

I love Motown stuff from the 60's from artists you mentioned. I love the Four Tops and The Temptations as well. I have a sizable collection of Vinyl from that period. Being a musician, I was always interested in the guys who played on all the tracks (The Funk Brothers) If you ever get a chance, watch "Standing In The Shadows of Motown" It's a great documentary on The Funk Brothers.

Reactions: Pooneil and MSastre

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I love Motown stuff from the 60's from artists you mentioned. I love the Four Tops and The Temptations as well. I have a sizable collection of Vinyl from that period. Being a musician, I was always interested in the guys who played on all the tracks (The Funk Brothers) If you ever get a chance, watch "Standing In The Shadows of Motown" It's a great documentary on The Funk Brothers.

I just saw that documentary yesterday.

Fantastic!!

And the music was so wonderful...it took me back to my undergrad years!!:D:p

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Right now I'm listening to Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson (The whole album)

220px-Harry_Nilsson_Nilsson_Schmilsson.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Around a decade ago, I came across a wonderful Japanese group busking in central Dublin. They were called 'Kuri' and had a wonderful album which I bought, called 'Dancing Of The Wind'.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Some lesser known 60s stuff, minor keys and all that......yet still sheer class......

"Hey Bulldog", by The Gods, "No Milk Today", by Herman's Hermits, and two from Simon Dupree & The Big Sound namely "Kites", & "Castles In The Sky", and "Mr Armageddon" by The Locomotive

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.