Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
1576262298620.png

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love

PJH, just brilliant.

Though they haven't been in my music rotation in some time, I'm a big fan of Marillion. That early 80s work, Script for a Jester's Tear and Fugazi, got me through life :D

I even have a solo Fish album, somewhere ...

Holy smokes, they were all together in my "CD overflow storage" :D

IMG_6375_1200.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JBGoode

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
PJH, just brilliant.

Though they haven't been in my music rotation in some time, I'm a big fan of Marillion. That early 80s work, Script for a Jester's Tear and Fugazi, got me through life :D

I even have a solo Fish album, somewhere ...

I absolutely love the Fish era Marillion; those early albums are brilliant. I 'rediscovered' them about a year ago and they have been in heavy rotation lately. They never really took off in the US if I recall correctly, and are probably mostly remembered here for 'Kayleigh' and it's a shame---it's a nice little song but hardly shows off their epic prog rock talent. Early Genesis is another favorite-- just listened to the live cut of 'Cinema Show' from the Seconds Out album. The drumming on that track is incredible. I get goosebumps when I listen to this song.

Last edited:
Reactions: Expos of 1969

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I absolutely love the Fish era Marillion; those early albums are brilliant. I 'rediscovered' them about a year ago and they have been in heavy rotation lately. They never really took off in the US if I recall correctly, and are probably mostly remembered here for 'Kayleigh' and it's a shame---it's a nice little song but hardly shows off their epic prog rock talent. Early Genesis is another favorite-- just listened to the live cut of 'Cinema Show' from the Seconds Out album. The drumming on that track is incredible. I get goosebumps when I listen to this song.

(See above, found my CD's :D)

Yeah, that sort of prog-rock wasn't as popular in the US in the 80s, it's funny how bands like Genesis, Yes, went super mainstream.

I'm a __huge__ fan of early Gabriel era Genesis: Lamb, Selling England, Foxtrot, just amazing works of musicianship, lyrics and composition. I'm also a big fan of King Crimson, kind of both incarnations, the early Greg Lake stuff, and also the later Adrian Belew material - and of course, all the Fripp contributions to KC, his solo music, collaborative work and whatnot.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
(See above, found my CD's :D)

Yeah, that sort of prog-rock wasn't as popular in the US in the 80s, it's funny how bands like Genesis, Yes, went super mainstream.

I'm a __huge__ fan of early Gabriel era Genesis: Lamb, Selling England, Foxtrot, just amazing works of musicianship, lyrics and composition. I'm also a big fan of King Crimson, kind of both incarnations, the early Greg Lake stuff, and also the later Adrian Belew material - and of course, all the Fripp contributions to KC, his solo music, collaborative work and whatnot.

Nice! All good stuff for sure....I listened to King Crimson very recently also.

I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever heard that solo Fish album so I will definitely be checking that out this evening. Thanks!

Reactions: D.T.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Jethro Tull - A Christmas Song

Once in Royal David's City
Stood a lonely cattle shed
Where a mother held her baby
You'd do well to remember the things he later said
When you're stuffing yourselves at the Christmas parties
You'll just laugh when I tell you to take a running jump
You're missing the point I'm sure does not need making
That Christmas spirit is not what you drink

So how can you laugh when your own mother's hungry
And how can you smile when the reasons for smiling are wrong?
And if I just messed up your thoughtless pleasures
Remember, if you wish, this is just a Christmas song

(Hey! Santa! Pass us that bottle, will you?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.