Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Screenshot_2019-12-21 Corrosive Love, by Adam Port feat Ruede Hagelstein.png

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I've been playing a lot of Fallout 4, a post apocalyptic RPG. These are two real songs from the Cold War era, are now burned into my brain. They play on Diamond City Radio, the in-game settlement located in the old Boston Stadium. Crawl Out Through the Fallout is my favorite of these two. I admit to laughing a couple of times. :D

Crawl Out Through the Fallout 1960

1957​

Last edited:
Reactions: millerj123

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
And as it’s sooooo quiet.
View attachment 884315

Oh - wow; three of my favourites.

They bring back memories.

More Than A Feeling (a chap with whom I was friendly as an undergrad - he may have had slightly stronger feelings) gave me a gift of that album, (his favourite) carefully wrapped, as we shared a coffee in a pub, I recall that he was very intense and serious, back in the......back in time.

Don't You Forget About Me - a brilliant track, and a great group.

And, I remember Don't Fear The Reaper - what a fantastic song, some of the soundtrack of undergrad days, indeed.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Oh - wow; three of my favourites.

They bring back memories.

More Than A Feeling (a chap with whom I was friendly as an undergrad - he may have had slightly stronger feelings) gave me a gift of that album, (his favourite) carefully wrapped, as we shared a coffee in a pub, I recall that he was very intense and serious, back in the......back in time.

Don't You Forget About Me - a brilliant track, and a great group.

And, I remember Don't Fear The Reaper - what a fantastic song, some of the soundtrack of undergrad days, indeed.
Glad to provide the memories!

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Feel free to post your favorite Christmas music... :)
On NPR today they were discussing the power of the human voice in music, the most powerful instrument unmatched by any man made instrument. This is easy to prove. Just listen to any powerful rock song, the voice makes it what it is. Since Christmas is almost here, they played what I consider to be the absolute best, most powerful spirit of Christmas song Oh, Holy Night, especially when acappella.

Acapella arrangement

Andy Williams with accompaniment
And since talking about Christmas, the best Winter Holiday song: Sleigh Ride works remarkably well as an Instrumental:

Boston Pops kicks this out of the park!

Andy Williams version

Reactions: mikzn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.