Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Suited my mood last night and this morning.
3F0398A5-C4A7-4DB0-926E-7B979505AE60.jpeg

Reactions: Expos of 1969

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A few instrumental pieces from the Spanish Renaissance:

Danza Morisca, Danza De Iniciación, and Propiñan Del Melyor - Jordi Savall - Hespèrion XXI - from the album Granada 1013-1502.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LizKat

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains

Love it. This is Robert Wyatt at his best to my ears and mind... has everything - art rock / jazz, chamber pop, challenge and wonderment, structure and fragmentation. Satire, anger, regret over the losses and endless feedback loops of war as foreground or background to life as we try to muddle through and make our own sense of it all... "Be serious / do us a favor"

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Love it. This is Robert Wyatt at his best to my ears and mind... has everything - art rock / jazz, chamber pop, challenge and wonderment, structure and fragmentation. Satire, anger, regret over the losses and endless feedback loops of war as foreground or background to life as we try to muddle through and make our own sense of it all... "Be serious / do us a favor"
I recently purchased this which I must read soon...

1577457608687.png

Reactions: LizKat

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
Duran Duran "Greatest Hits", Depeche Mode "The Best of". I still have the three disk set for Vangelis' "Blade Runner" and 5 disks for the Ramones' "The Sire Years 1976-1981" left to listen to. It was a nostalgic music Christmas for me.

Reactions: Apple fanboy

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

You do know, don't you, that there is something irresistibly seductive and compelling about the image of a vinyl record and a turntable. Gorgeous.

No mp3 player or equivalent can match it in terms of aesthetics or musical appreciation - but do, yes, work well for convenience. And portability.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
You do know, don't you, that there is something irresistibly seductive and compelling about the image of a vinyl record and a turntable. Gorgeous.

No mp3 player or equivalent can match it in terms of aesthetics or musical appreciation - but do, yes, work well for convenience. And portability.
Indeed, I do know. It's a lot of fun being able to touch my music in a physical way and to manipulate the knobs, buttons, and switches on audio equipment.

Having excellent digital recordings and equally excellent equipment to play them on is great. However, listening to your favorite music on vinyl is also equally great, just in a different way and nothing compares to it.

BTW, APC's (A Perfect Circle) - above - cover of Imagine by John Lennon is amazing sounding.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ludovico Einaudi - The Waves.
[automerge]1577560316[/automerge]
Indeed, I do know. It's a lot of fun being able to touch my music in a physical way and to manipulate the knobs, buttons, and switches on audio equipment.

Having excellent digital recordings and equally excellent equipment to play them on is great. However, listening to your favorite music on vinyl is also equally great, just in a different way and nothing compares to it.

BTW, APC's (A Perfect Circle) - above - cover of Imagine by John Lennon is amazing sounding.

Actually, agree completely.

I, too, love the pure physicality of knobs, dials, and needles, on old audio equipment, the act of reverently sliding the album out of its sleeve, blowing on it, and placing it carefully on the turntable.

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

The problem is unless the vinyl was perfect, you were plagued with snaps, pops, and disturbances in the music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.