Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Feel free to post your favorite Christmas music... :)
On NPR today they were discussing the power of the human voice in music, the most powerful instrument unmatched by any man made instrument. This is easy to prove. Just listen to any powerful rock song, the voice makes it what it is. Since Christmas is almost here, they played what I consider to be the absolute best, most powerful spirit of Christmas song Oh, Holy Night, especially when acappella.

Acapella arrangement

Andy Williams with accompaniment
And since talking about Christmas, the best Winter Holiday song: Sleigh Ride works remarkably well as an Instrumental:

Boston Pops kicks this out of the park!

Andy Williams version

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Years ago there was a UK thing to make this song the Christmas No 1 in the charts rather than the usual X factor winner.
But it starts with a Christmas song, and then switches to Rage Against the Machine, which confused me a little. Now, I’m not surprised that Christmas songs are no longer at the top of the charts in December.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
More synthwave tonight.

VGM 3: Wasteland
by F1NG3RS

Screenshot_2019-12-25 VGM 3 Wasteland, by F1NG3RS.jpg

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
Been going through some electro-recommendations I got from a friend a while back. The way he described it to me was "dance music for people who don't like to dance, like you". Don't really know how true it holds for others, but for me it's bang on.

I've never really immersed myself in the genre save for a few a bit more mainstream artists, but it's always nice to find new stuff to listen to.

So currently I'm listening to Boy Harsher's album Careful. Sounds great.

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
The Maccabeats - Candlelight
From my favorite acapella group... the song which started it all. Happy Hanukkah!!

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Part of a playlist that's not really a playlist, just a grab from a large collection of tracks I used to refresh content of one of my iPod shuffles. Love to just put that whole collection on shuffle on the laptop sometimes in iTunes and let it rip... always run into a few tracks remind me gee i haven't listened to them in awhile...

not really a playlist.jpg

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.