Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Svitlana Mik

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2019
I like to listen to music and play the digital piano. This novel should encourage me to discover the best of the digital piano for beginners and for every genre of music. It should be on the blog! In my song last year, it's either a song I sang or something about an online storehouse in Louella. But no, the songs of my past life. These are the songs I've played for all of you so far, I'll be playing the new song I'm studying now.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
moby18.jpeg

Reactions: mikzn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Funny, it was your "Moby" post that made me pull it up - I typed "Moby" in iTunes and one his tracks "Summer" is one of the 24 tracks on the double CD set

It is mostly electronic instrumental tracks from a lot of different artists - I like it a lot - one of the more well known tracks on it is A.F Study II by Aural Float if that helps at all ?

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Funny, it was your "Moby" post that made me pull it up - I typed "Moby" in iTunes and one his tracks "Summer" is one of the 24 tracks on the double CD set

It is mostly electronic instrumental tracks from a lot of different artists - I like it a lot - one of the more well known tracks on it is A.F Study II by Aural Float if that helps at all ?
I first discovered Moby some years ago, maybe 10 or 12 now. I'm a big fan of the TV show The X-Files and 2 of Moby's songs were used in the season 7, episode 17 show called "All Things." This episode, directed by Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully), was also the first X-Files episode to be directed by a woman. Gillian chose Moby's work to use as the lyrics seemed to fit the script quite well for her vision of the episode. I recall seeing, or maybe reading an interview with her about this and I seem to remember she said she first heard this song, The Sky is Broken, on the radio one night while driving home and it spoke to her and she wanted to work it into the show at some point. The other Moby song used in the episode is "My Weakness."

When the episode opens, just after the credits, this song (The Sky is Broken) is playing and the ambiance of the scene and the subsequent scene where it is still playing also spoke to me and I had to find out what song this was and get my hands on it. I've since purchased several of his albums and quite enjoy his style of music.

As for the song "Summer" you referred to, that is from the companion album to "Play" titled "Play: The B Sides." It's an excellent song and in fact all of the songs on "The B Sides" are amazing. I think I enjoy the companion album just a tad more than the "Play" album itself.

Reactions: satcomer

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
I have the "Play" cd which has the songs you mentioned above as well as the iconic "Porcelain" did not notice the tracks you mentioned on x-files - cool info - have not watch x-files since it was "on the air" - great show 👍

I have 3 other Moby CD's but "Play" is my favorite of the 4

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Well yesterday I saw a Christmas tree, trussed like a big turkey atop someone's SUV, sail down the road past my place just before the snow started falling hard enough to make travel a bother. So I suppose I should be playing music of Advent, but so far I'm more inclined to stick with what landed on the turntable last night, some piano collections by Schumann: the Fantasiestücke Op.12, and the Kinderszenen as well.

Here a 1981 performance (audio only) of the Fantasiestücke at Salzburg by Alfred Brendel. No clue what museum piece seems to have captured Brendel's admiration in the cover art of the video...!

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Rumble, Ramble and The Shadow Knows, from the album (CD) The Best of Link Wray by Link Wray & The Wraymen.

Rumble featured - memorably - (at least, to me) - in the soundtrack of the movie/film Pulp Fiction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.