Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snow4maen

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
A small island near Europe
Howdy - NOW That's What I Call Country.....🤠

Image 8.jpg

Image 9.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: decafjava

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Keith Jarrett - "Chant of the Soil". I'm writing a piece just like it, so I'm trying to learn how to do the 70s rock/gospel piano thing he does. The only version I can find on YouTube is this awful rip (I have the local file on my hard drive, for those wanting a higher quality version, it is on Spotify, so I suggest looking there!)

Reactions: txa1265

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Keith Jarrett - "Chant of the Soil". I'm writing a piece just like it, so I'm trying to learn how to do the 70s rock/gospel piano thing he does. The only version I can find on YouTube is this awful rip (I have the local file on my hard drive, for those wanting a higher quality version, it is on Spotify, so I suggest looking there!)

Also on Apple music (had to check as I own it in my music library digitized from LP). Thanks for mentioning this - haven't listened in years, the bass playing by Palle Danielsson is sublime.

Reactions: rm5

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
Not a good nights sleep, feel the need for Phil. Phil Collins, Face Value….I like his music in general but I also have this nostalgia of hearing it on the radio so much as a child in the 80’s. I’ve only latterly come to appreciate it. It’s deceptively simple sounding, but when you realise the musicianship involved it’s surprising. Watched a couple of videos by Leland Sklar, I had no idea the bass was so good! That chap is super talented. Got a place in my heart for Phil...❤️
One band I was in in Albuquerque didn't do many wedding dances (thankfully) but we did a few. We always asked the new couple what they wanted played for their "First Dance", and one couple requested "In the Air Tonight"! We mentioned that the subject matter wasn't exactly wedding-appropriate, they didn't care they wanted it, so we learned it. They, and the crowd, loved it, so I guess that's all that matters.

Snow4maen

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
One band I was in in Albuquerque didn't do many wedding dances (thankfully) but we did a few. We always asked the new couple what they wanted played for their "First Dance", and one couple requested "In the Air Tonight"! We mentioned that the subject matter wasn't exactly wedding-appropriate, they didn't care they wanted it, so we learned it. They, and the crowd, loved it, so I guess that's all that matters.
I've never really looked into the meaning of the stuff I listen to, I just kinda enjoy it. I'll admit I'm a bit ignorant. But it was interesting to Google it, definitely not appropriate for a wedding! But there is what the artist saw as their work, and also how it's received. Probably like me, most people just want to enjoy the music and don't think too much about the meaning. With all due respect to the artist, sometimes it's fun to make our own meaning out of the work even if it's not what was intended. A part of owing something we value, making it personal. I don't think it's too offensive.

Snow4maen

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Boards Of Canada - Twoism...I've really enjoyed 'electronic' music, if that's what you'd call it, for some time. I love the sound of a synth, possibly more than an electric guitar, and the sound shaping possibilities of all that stuff is super fun. I think Boards Of Canada are my favourite of the stuff I listen to. It's so moody, and analogue. And just so well done.

Image 1.jpg

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A few tracks from the legendary (and sublime, quite utterly wonderful and totally brilliant - and, while I have all of their albums, I have also heard them play live on two different European tours) - Pink Martini:

Let's Never Stop Falling In Love; Una Notte A Napoli; U Plavu Zoru (all from the album Hang On Little Tomato).

Song Of The Black Lizard (from the brilliant album Sympathique), and, City of Night (from the album Hey Eugene!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.