Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snow4maen

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
A small island near Europe
Currently enjoying some Pop Will Eat Itself (P.W.E.I) The Looks Or The Lifestyle. When I was a teenager, living down south. Something very special happened in a part of the West Midlands called Stourbridge, near Birmingham. England. Three very distinct and different and gifted bands came out of there, Ned’s Atomic Dustbin, P.W.E.I and The Wonder Stuff. All totally different, but all truly wonderful. I used to think the West Midlands must be super cool. And now I live here, Yay!

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Recently decided to move away from the pay per month streaming of music and videos. These days everyone seems to want something a month from you, as if the funds are unlimited. If I can't afford the monthly service I'm cut off from music, and I'm not keen on the ads on Spotify. So have switched to using MP3's and DVD's again. Had an Apple TV some time ago, had trouble with it constantly buffering, couldn't reliably watch content, and our internet is fine. Bought mum a DVD player for something and it's just more reliable. Recently purchased Pantera's Vulgar Display Of Power, probably my favourite Heavy Metal band. Dimebag Darrells groove playing is so unique, I love it.
I still buy music, tv shows, and movies from iTunes.

Reactions: Snow4maen

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
Recently decided to move away from the pay per month streaming of music and videos. These days everyone seems to want something a month from you, as if the funds are unlimited. If I can't afford the monthly service I'm cut off from music, and I'm not keen on the ads on Spotify. So have switched to using MP3's and DVD's again. Had an Apple TV some time ago, had trouble with it constantly buffering, couldn't reliably watch content, and our internet is fine. Bought mum a DVD player for something and it's just more reliable. Recently purchased Pantera's Vulgar Display Of Power, probably my favourite Heavy Metal band. Dimebag Darrells groove playing is so unique, I love it.
Dime is and was a true legend. One of my favorites, for sure!

Reactions: Snow4maen

Snow4maen

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine, 30 Something. ❤️ Jim Bob's poetry, profound.

EDIT

Lyrics

In a bar Johnny drinks
Johnny drinks Johnnie Walker
Runs up a bill he can't pay
He's drinking to the memory
Of a prince in a paupers grave
And it's go Johnny go
Where the bruises don't show
In the church yard
Where the nervous get wrecked
And turn off your wireless
For two minutes silence
Cough up and pay your respects
And go to the park
Where vicars and tarts
Prey for their tormented souls
By the American graffiti
From Elephant and Castle
In Ford Capri Orange
Volkswagen yellow and gold
Johnny drinks, Johnny drinks
Runs up a bill that the pope couldn't pay
He's drinking to the memory
Johnny drinks, Johnny drinks
Cockles his muscles alive alive, 'o
Smashes his bottles of unholy water
And it's go, Johnny go, Johnny go, go
Back to the churchyard
Where day out and day in
Those original sinners
Are religiously praying
And where there was muck
There's a brass band that's playing
Playing to the memory

Last edited:

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Throbbing Gristle, 20 Jazz Funk Greats....What can we say about Genesis P-Orridge? He was original.
I first heard that album in the 90s on a college radio station (WHRB Harvard Radio) that a couple of times per year would have a week of what they called 'orgies' where they had large themes ... and one day on my morning commute I heard Throbbing Gristle ... and was hooked!

Snow4maen

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Yeah, it’s called SUB POP.
(“Hey, loser”)

;-)
I remember when I was quite a young teen. Even here in England I was lucky enough to have Sky TV, and MTV. I had seen the Smell's Like Teen Spirit Video and fell in love with Nirvana. It was easy to get hold of Nevermind. But latterly I listened to it perhaps a bit too much, and found it a bit too polished. I preferred Bleach, which I believe was on Sub Pop? I prefer In Utero but strangely my favourite Nirvana album is probably Incesticide? The B sides to the Nevermind singles were often better than the singles, D-7, Aneurysm. I am not much of a music geek, but I like what I like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.