Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I keep thinking I'd like to change up my laptop situation - love my M1 MBA but maybe I can make do with the big desktop and something like an iPad or 2-1 XPS? But then I realize I'm likely just trying to spend money for the sake of spending money, and my MBA is probably just as good as anything else I could be using.

But hmmmm....the screen on that 14" MBP is *really* nice.... ;)

• Love
Reactions: Longplays

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I keep thinking I'd like to change up my laptop situation - love my M1 MBA but maybe I can make do with the big desktop and something like an iPad or 2-1 XPS? But then I realize I'm likely just trying to spend money for the sake of spending money, and my MBA is probably just as good as anything else I could be using.

I see that hand... I have an M1 MBA that is fully sufficient for my needs... but that 15" MBA is calling my name...

Longplays

Suspended
May 30, 2023

Exact line of thinking when I had a 2011 MBP 13" 32nm and bought three 14nm laptops in 2017/2018/2019.

Those YouTubers really did a number on me to "upgrade"...

I'd have rather jumped to a 2021 MBP 16" 5nm.

Blaine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
Abilene TX
This but I think I’m gonna lose my willpower to say no 😆

Attachments

• IMG_3416.jpeg
    IMG_3416.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Glacier1 and Brad7

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
I am trying to keep myself from buying AirPods Max. Throughout the years I have come up with many valid reasons; PRICE, comfort (which is a question mark based on other headphones I have tried), and I had one underwhelming demo in a store in terms of noice cancelling and even sound. My AirPods Pro are my reference here. Also they launched a while ago, not sure if new ones will come out soon.

So I thought the sensible thing to do here was to shell out €575 for a blue pair with a 31-day return period to settle the argument with myself once and for all.
Decided to keep it basically on day one but return period is officially over anyway. Great buy 👍

Reactions: Analog Kid

Longplays

Suspended
May 30, 2023
A good steak. Medium rare with triple cooked chips.
Roast beef
Leg of lamb
Cumberland sausage
Good quality fish and chips.
Home made Lasagna (made by Mrs AFB ). It’s Devine. Well I think it was. It’s so many years since she made it!

Plus a few more.
I just ordered a few chicken katsudon. It'll be on my table 3 hours from now.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A good steak. Medium rare with triple cooked chips.
Roast beef
Leg of lamb
Cumberland sausage
Good quality fish and chips.
Home made Lasagna (made by Mrs AFB ). It’s Devine. Well I think it was. It’s so many years since she made it!

Plus a few more.
That is a proper - and tasty - selection.

To which I would add, an excellent biryani.

Reactions: Longplays

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
I see that hand... I have an M1 MBA that is fully sufficient for my needs... but that 15" MBA is calling my name...
I thought about it, too. However, I already have a 2016 MBP that I have barely used the last couple of years. I have an M1 iPad that does most of my portable tasks these days, but that 15 inch MBA looks awesome.

padams35

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2016
Quick, somebody talk me out of buying a 2013 21" iMac. OWC is selling them starting at $99, but those reasonably priced upgrades add up. I'm trying to tell myself I really don't need to spend $250 on a glorified console for running legacy 32-bit intel era mac games.

Reactions: Brad7 and Longplays

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Quick, somebody talk me out of buying a 2013 21" iMac. OWC is selling them starting at $99, but those reasonably priced upgrades add up. I'm trying to tell myself I really don't need to spend $250 on a glorified console for running legacy 32-bit intel era mac games.
Okay: I'll rise to the challenge:

You don't really need to spend $250 on a glorified console for running legacy 32-bit intel era games.

• Haha
Reactions: padams35

monstermash

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2020
It's cheap. Go buy it. Life is way too short to worry about whether to spend tiny amounts of money.

Reactions: Brad7

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
A new Macbook. I don't need it really, my current model works fine and I like it a lot. But I find myself looking at the M1 and M2 models on the Apple site quite a bit recently.

Reactions: 960design and Brad7

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
A new Macbook. I don't need it really, my current model works fine and I like it a lot. But I find myself looking at the M1 and M2 models on the Apple site quite a bit recently.
I have the M2 Pro and the battery on this thing just keeps going. I'm starting to think I do not work enough. :)

Reactions: Brad7

mpetrides

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
My apologies if this turns out to be a double-post but I scrolled back and didn't see that I had posted an update on my lusted-after device.

So, after waiting a year, once the 15" M2 MBA was announced and the 13" M2 MBA dropped in price, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a 13" M2 MBA 16/1 TB. It arrived a few weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving it. I haven't seen the 15" model in person yet, so I suppose I might have buyer's remorse when I finally get to lift it and see what it weighs, but I doubt it.

I picked the 13" model because I wanted a compact, very light Mac laptop to complement my 16" M1Pro MBP which unfortunately sits tethered to my desk most of the time because of its weight and overall size. I thought the 15" model was both too large (making it unwieldy to use while balanced on my lap for a prolonged period) and too heavy (it weighs in at only a little less than the weight of the 14" M1 MBP).

Thusfar, the 13" model is pretty much ideal for the use case I purchased it for. I've been able to sit with it on my crossed knees out on the deck or on the sofa and not have it knocked over by my rambunctious dog. And, it's light enough that I tend to grab it instead of my iPad mini 6 any time there's a possibility that I might need to type anything longer than a word or two. Having two M-series Mac laptops seems overkill and is definitely a luxury. But I figure this 13" MBA is (marginally) less expensive than a comparable 12.9" M2 iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard and is as light, if not lighter--and far more functional for my use-case scenario (navigation while typing/editing typed text is FAR more robust on a Mac than on an iPad).

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.