Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Gocycle G4i
Fantastic engineering.
Expensive.
Afraid of it getting stolen.

IMG_1089.jpeg

Jamie's_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2021
Are you me but non-American!? ;)

I was on the Apple refurbished site seeing what used 12.9 last gen models are going for and was very intrigued! I would use it in conjunction with my Mac Air, Studio Display for my daily trading as another visual resource.
Just holding out to see if they announce a new model any time soon?
I could be 😀

In the UK the base m2 12.9 is £1249. The refurb m1 is nearly 50% cheaper which is what is swinging it for me.

I do think a whole new iPad Pro will be out, including complete redesign, but not until 2024. I could wait, but who knows what the price will be in the UK then? Probably £1500!

Reactions: amartinez1660

KaiFiMacFan

Suspended
Apr 28, 2023
Brooklyn, NY
As is usually the case with me, it's audio equipment that I'm trying to avoid buying:

DAART.png

The Yulong DA ART Aquila III headphone amplifier and DAC. $1K. I definitely shouldn't be buying it, but I sure want it. 😁

Reactions: flawless11

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
I am trying to keep myself from buying AirPods Max. Throughout the years I have come up with many valid reasons; PRICE, comfort (which is a question mark based on other headphones I have tried), and I had one underwhelming demo in a store in terms of noice cancelling and even sound. My AirPods Pro are my reference here. Also they launched a while ago, not sure if new ones will come out soon.

So I thought the sensible thing to do here was to shell out €575 for a blue pair with a 31-day return period to settle the argument with myself once and for all.

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
I am trying to keep myself from buying AirPods Max. Throughout the years I have come up with many valid reasons; PRICE, comfort (which is a question mark based on other headphones I have tried), and I had one underwhelming demo in a store in terms of noice cancelling and even sound. My AirPods Pro are my reference here. Also they launched a while ago, not sure if new ones will come out soon.

So I thought the sensible thing to do here was to shell out €575 for a blue pair with a 31-day return period to settle the argument with myself once and for all.
Not waiting for gen 2?)

Reactions: surfzen21

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
I have not seen any solid rumors about a launch anytime this year. Maybe just some new colors. But let me know if you know more ;)
I don't, mostly 'cause I'm not a fan of the aesthetics, but they're bound to update them, I mean it's been waaaay to long) And it can't be just a color update either)))

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
I don't, mostly 'cause I'm not a fan of the aesthetics, but they're bound to update them, I mean it's been waaaay to long) And it can't be just a color update either)))
Yup last rumors indicated color refresh only with bigger additions well into 2024. If there’s no news at WWDC I’m not waiting any longer. Compared to my gen 1 AirPods Pro they should be an improvement anyway.

Reactions: alexandr

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I've been having pizza every pay day since March... I haven't had a pineapple bacon cheese burger since I started ordering pizza.

If a biryani or phad thai place was open now I'd order that right now.
Okay, biryani, now, you are talking. I love biryani.

Or, pad thai, yes, absolutely, again, an excellent dish, one that I love.

I do get the occasional craving for a burger, - especially from a good burger place - but I have to say that the image you posted dors not strike me as especially appetising.

Longplays

Suspended
May 30, 2023
Okay, biryani, now, you are talking. I love biryani.

Or, pad thai, yes, absolutely, again, an excellent dish, one that I love.

I do get the occasional craving for a burger, - especially from a good burger place - but I have to say that the image you posted dors not strike me as especially appetising.
I miss going to SG & TH for nice Hainanese Chicken Rice and Thai crispy oyster omelette too

Longplays

Suspended
May 30, 2023
A good steak. Medium rare with triple cooked chips.
Roast beef
Leg of lamb
Cumberland sausage
Good quality fish and chips.
Home made Lasagna (made by Mrs AFB ). It’s Devine. Well I think it was. It’s so many years since she made it!

Plus a few more.
I havent had any of those since before the lockdown.

Damn... it's been 3+ years! That's like time enough to finish a Uni degree!

The Clark

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2013
Canada
Really going to start pushing for more WFH days. I'm tired of sharing a bathroom, partaking in small talk, and engaging in cringey corp culture. Not to mention sitting in traffic for hours on end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.