Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Just got my pre-order confirmation through from CarphoneWarehouse and will be be picking it up in store on launch day. :D

Looks like they've taken it off the site now though. :eek:

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
White version? Have Nexus phones ever come in more than one model?

Pretty hideous though:

2012-01-06samsung-galaxy-nexus-white-1325858902.jpg

white-galaxy-nexus.jpg

galaxynexuswhitelead01.jpg

----------

I have no interest in this, but: http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-nexus-10-manual-leaks-show-curvy-tablet-render

nexus-10-manual.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
Just got my pre-order confirmation through from CarphoneWarehouse and will be be picking it up in store on launch day. :D

Looks like they've taken it off the site now though. :eek:

Was that sim free, and would you mind if I asked the price please? I missed it on the site.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
If you end up keeping it or playing with it first before your return, do post pics and impressions! :)

Will be sure to! :D

I will say, this is not as exciting as it was when I ordered my Nexus One from America and watched it travel through the United States over the Atlantic to the UK. That was fun!

What happens next?

Once stock has arrived at our warehouse, we will despatch your order as soon as possible.

We will email your delivery confirmation once your order has been despatched. You don’t need to do anything.

I await a tracking number.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
A 32GB Nexus 7 wifi only and with 3G. Also, a 10" Nexus called Nexus 10, running Key Lime Pie.

I do love my GS3 and certainly don't regret leaving iOS, but this is the one thing that really needs to be sorted out - just hours after I finally got the Jelly Bean update and I hear they're about the unveil Key Lime Pie!

Scrub175

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2012
Port St Lucie FL
I do love my GS3 and certainly don't regret leaving iOS, but this is the one thing that really needs to be sorted out - just hours after I finally got the Jelly Bean update and I hear they're about the unveil Key Lime Pie!

Was that an official release or flashed rom release? If not official release then it's really disappointing that their current flagship handset will be two revs behind the latest and greatest OS KLP.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I don't know it's looking like 8GB might be the only size they announce on Monday. This is very disappointing and I don't think I'll be getting it with only 8GB.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009

I haven't read anything new today so I may have missed it but I believe the next release likely to be discussed tomorrow is 4.2 which is also considered to be Jelly Bean and just an incremental update, not Key Lime Pie. In fact, didn't the CarphoneWarehouse spec sheet show 4.2 Jelly Bean for the Nexus 4?

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Why would the Carphone Warehouse only show the 8GB version if a 16GB version existed?

Fair question.

Wasn't the page pulled down? Could be the page wasn't completed. I mean, there was a typo in there that wrote comes with 4.1.2 and another time, comes with 4.2. Could be the 8GB is just the UK version, too?

Could be anything.

Could also just come in 8GB.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Why would AT&T, Verizon, Sprint only show a 16GB version of the Note II on their website when 32 and 64 exist? It's probably best to wait for the official announcement, then freak out afterwards. Like apple products.. lol. :p

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Why would AT&T, Verizon, Sprint only show a 16GB version of the Note II on their website when 32 and 64 exist? It's probably best to wait for the official announcement, then freak out afterwards. Like apple products.. lol. :p

You're probably right :p

Stropaganda

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Everything about the Nexus 4 is amazing except for the reported memory. There is only one problem. I'm on Verizon. There is no way this phone is coming to Verizon after the GNex. I'm thinking I will be forced into an HTC Droid DLX or I could jump off the deep end with an HTC Windows Phone 8X.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
onthecouchagain, you said T-Mobile kind of sucks. In what ways? Reception?

This phone needs to have at least 16 GB. I can imagine the backlash if it only had 8. I'd really prefer 32, though.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
onthecouchagain, you said T-Mobile kind of sucks. In what ways? Reception?

Yeah, reception is fairly poor depending on where you are. For example, when you get inside a building (office building, mall, etc.) the reception blows.

I feel bad for all those that are planning to get unlocked iPhones and go to Tmobile. Might be a major mistake. Heh.

----------

Nexus 4

Nexus 7

Nexus 10.

Google's lineup is finally coming into its own. I've always argued they shouldn't make multiple Nexus smartphones (Xperia Nexus, RAZR Nexus, etc.). I'm glad they're not. This lineup can be great. If the Nexus name, branding and line can gain popularity (they've already had a great start with the Nexus 7) it could really be something special, meaning, it can be more than a line for just the tech-geeks.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah, reception is fairly poor depending on where you are. For example, when you get inside a building (office building, mall, etc.) the reception blows.

I feel bad for all those that are planning to get unlocked iPhones and go to Tmobile. Might be a major mistake. Heh.

Been with TMo for nine years. Reception is fine where im at.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.