Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
No s***? Hahaha, wow, that's awesome.
In the opening of the episode, where Flash & Supergirl start to get the idea the worlds got collapsed into one another.
crisis-on-infinite-earths-marv-wolfman-cameo-1203096.jpeg

Yeah, since George Perez started having eye issues, his work pretty much stopped and he does few convention appearances.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
We watched the last two episodes of "The Good Place". What a great finish to funny and touching series. Wrapped up perfectly. I'll miss this one, but it was so well done that it didn't need to be dragged out forever.

Reactions: millerj123

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
A question for our Canadian friends or anyone familiar. Recently I’ve watched two TV series filmed in Canada, The Expanse and Lost in Space. Locations this season were settings for aliens planets. The areas look like giant gravel pits. It’s hard to tell just how big they are but I am assuming they are part of shale oil mining in Canada and I wonder how large they are, and what these area looked like before?
Reminder, this is not PRSI.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Sinner (2017 Season 1 USA Network, watched on Netflix)- Excellent psychological crime drama that starts with a woman on a beach with her son and husband, she hears a song, watches a couple horsing around, runs over and stabs the young man with a knife and tells the girl he won’t hurt you.

Bill Pullman plays a police investigator who is not all well himself.

Just finished:
Wow, great ending, I felt a surge of emotion.

1C025608-B5C9-4FA5-8887-AA8207D2DB8A.jpeg

Last edited:

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Bill Pullman plays a police investigator who is not all well himself.

Oh, you are so correct about that :D

S2 is fantastic as well, and S3 just started EP2 is on tonight (it's originally aired on USA Network, then gets picked up by other streaming services a few months later).

One of the big things with The Sinner, is they show you the crime right up front, the what and the who, then they sort of back into and explore the why. It's very compelling.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Oh, you are so correct about that :D

S2 is fantastic as well, and S3 just started EP2 is on tonight (it's originally aired on USA Network, then gets picked up by other streaming services a few months later).

One of the big things with The Sinner, is they show you the crime right up front, the what and the who, then they sort of back into and explore the why. It's very compelling.
S1 started as an event, a puzzle with the single end piece, and slowly fills in the rest for a clear picture of the motive. I’m looking forward to S2 to see if it’s the same formula or altered. And I put on the show on record on USA to see if I can catch the entire S3, having missed S3:E1 last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: D.T.

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
American Psycho 2, starring Mila Kunis.

Atrocious stuff, and not in a good way. Still not the worst movie I've seen, but close. The one thing this has going for it is that WILLIAM SHATNER* also stars.

*That name, for some reason was autocorrected to all caps on my Mac, I kid you not. And deservedly so, if you ask me.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
The Prisoner (1967) - A British secret agent resigns from his agency, and finds himself kidnapped and trapped in a tiny odd coastal village. His captors (presumably his former employers) need to determine why he resigned so abruptly. Did he defect? After all, the mind of a secret agent is dangerous in enemy hands.

I watched this mini-series at the recommendation of a friend (who said it's "one of the best sci-fi shows ever"). Considering when it came out, I thought it was really interesting and forward thinking. It was also frustrating, in a good way, and sort of reminiscent of Lost. But the ending was a weird mess. Maybe people in the 60s/70s appreciated the ending in a different way, I don't know, but it soured my impression of the show.

Mythic Quest season 1 (Apple TV+) - Office comedy at a video game production company. Entertaining overall. Loved a couple characters, but couldn't stand others. Very similar in effect to Community. Honestly I probably won't tune in for season 2.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
Oh, man. So many things that I have been watching this week. Avenue 5, Picard, Altered Carbon, Batwoman, Flash, and now we've started LetterKenny. LetterKenny is so oddly funny that I cannot help but like it.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Locke And Key (2020- Netflix)- I‘m 4 episodes in, and so far so good. After their Father died, 3 siblings and their Mom, go to live in the family’s ancestral mansion, a house where magic keys can be found. Anyone read the graphic novel?

BCDD69E5-0539-43EB-A8E9-C11F7F1E5678.jpeg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Locke And Key (2020- Netflix)- I‘m 4 episodes in, and so far so good. After their Father died, 3 siblings and their Mom, go to live in the family’s ancestral mansion, a house where magic keys can be found. Anyone read the graphic novel?

No but I watched the series. Did feel it was aimed at teens. But watchable enough.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Binge watched The Knick (2014, Cinemax). Initial thought going in was, eh, another medical drama? But this show was actually different. I thought it was excellent. Since a lot of details in this show are based in fact, you really get to see a unique era of medicine (early 1900s), and I found that fascinating. So many new discoveries and inventions, they must have genuinely felt like, “what an exciting time to be alive!” (despite all the trial-and-error failures). Things that seem so ordinary to us today. Makes one wonder how future generations will look back on our medical and technical advancements and accomplishments through tomorrow’s eyes.

Premise, from wikipedia - In New York City in 1900, the Knickerbocker Hospital operates with inventive surgeons, nurses and staff who struggle against the limitations of medical understanding and practice, to minimize morbidity and mortality. Dr. John Thackery (played by Clive Owen and partially based on historical figure William Stewart Halsted), the new leader of the surgery staff, balances his cocaine addiction against his ambition for cutting-edge medical discovery. Dr. Algernon Edwards, a Harvard-educated black American surgeon (based on the historical Daniel Hale Williams and Louis T. Wright) who trained in Paris and is much more qualified than any other candidate, must fight for respect among the all-white hospital staff, as well as in the racially charged city. While struggling to keep the lights on, the hospital attempts to attract a wealthy clientele, without sacrificing quality of care.

I think it’s worth mentioning that The Knick is self-contained in its 2 seasons/20 episodes. While officially “cancelled” by Cinemax, Steven Soderbergh said this story was always meant to be completed within 2 seasons, and any plans for a third would have been in a different time period -likely 20 years later- with a different cast.

MV5BMTQ5NzcyNDc5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDMyOTY5NjE@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Binge watched The Knick (2014, Cinemax). Initial thought going in was, eh, another medical drama? But this show was actually different. I thought it was excellent. Since a lot of details in this show are based in fact, you really get to see a unique era of medicine (early 1900s), and I found that fascinating. So many new discoveries and inventions, they must have genuinely felt like, “what an exciting time to be alive!” (despite all the trial-and-error failures). Things that seem so ordinary to us today. Makes one wonder how future generations will look back on our medical and technical advancements and accomplishments through tomorrow’s eyes.

Premise, from wikipedia - In New York City in 1900, the Knickerbocker Hospital operates with inventive surgeons, nurses and staff who struggle against the limitations of medical understanding and practice, to minimize morbidity and mortality. Dr. John Thackery (played by Clive Owen and partially based on historical figure William Stewart Halsted), the new leader of the surgery staff, balances his cocaine addiction against his ambition for cutting-edge medical discovery. Dr. Algernon Edwards, a Harvard-educated black American surgeon (based on the historical Daniel Hale Williams and Louis T. Wright) who trained in Paris and is much more qualified than any other candidate, must fight for respect among the all-white hospital staff, as well as in the racially charged city. While struggling to keep the lights on, the hospital attempts to attract a wealthy clientele, without sacrificing quality of care.

I think it’s worth mentioning that The Knick is self-contained in its 2 seasons/20 episodes. While officially “cancelled” by Cinemax, Steven Soderbergh said this story was always meant to be completed within 2 seasons, and any plans for a third would have been in a different time period -likely 20 years later- with a different cast.

MV5BMTQ5NzcyNDc5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDMyOTY5NjE@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_.jpg
Just started that here to. About four episodes in.

Reactions: ritmomundo

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
In between playing DVR and streaming catch up, we watched the first two episodes of the DC Universe live action "Titans". So far we are quite enjoying it. It's a new take on some of my favourite DC comics characters and they are doing a bang up job! I really expect that to continue, as Geoff Johns is doing the writing and he is so incredibly skilled.

latest

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Norsemen (Netflix 2016-) The trials and tribulations of the Viking lifestyle circa 790AD in this Netflix comedy. Originally known as Vikingane in Norway. It is funny to hear the mix of 21st Century politically correct terms and concern being voiced by the characters as they act barbarically, and it is raunchy at times, so it‘s a case by case basis if you like it or not. :)

In between playing DVR and streaming catch up, we watched the first two episodes of the DC Universe live action "Titans". So far we are quite enjoying it. It's a new take on some of my favourite DC comics characters and they are doing a bang up job! I really expect that to continue, as Geoff Johns is doing the writing and he is so incredibly skilled.

latest
What network was this?

Last edited:

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Just watched a fascinating programme on the BBC about Hilary Mantel and how she crated her wonderful "Wolf Hall" trilogy. About where she grew up, lives now, how she writes etc. Excellent. For those interested see if you can find it on the BBC iPlayer.

Hilary Mantel: Return to Wolf Hall.
[automerge]1584553120[/automerge]
Just watched a fascinating programme on the BBC about Hilary Mantel and how she crated her wonderful "Wolf Hall" trilogy. About where she grew up, lives now, how she writes etc. Excellent. For those interested see if you can find it on the BBC iPlayer.

Hilary Mantel: Return to Wolf Hall.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
What network was this?
It originally aired on the DC Universe streaming service. We are watching it via DVD from Netflix.I don't know if it's streaming on Netflix or others. The first 4 episodes were great! Can't wait to see the rest of season 1.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
It originally aired on the DC Universe streaming service. We are watching it via DVD from Netflix.I don't know if it's streaming on Netflix or others. The first 4 episodes were great! Can't wait to see the rest of season 1.
This old article says $8 a month.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
This old article says $8 a month.
Yeah, but I already have Netflix and don't mind the wait for the DVD's (which my 4K player will upscale to better than streaming quality).

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Tonight tried Bosch, a police crime drama on Prime video. It did not grab me. And The Boys (2019- Netflix), a story about corrupt, corporatized, murdering Super Heroes, and a guy who wants justice after one of them accidentally killed his girlfriend, turned me off. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.