Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Just finished Firefly, on to Serenity! On its original broadcast, Fox took this show with serialized episodes and broadcast them out of order, and they interfered with the writing on this show, more guns, less sex, and they may have cut the season short.:confused:
Serenity is one of the greatest. The themes you see carried in other Whedon films, especially Avengers: Age of Ultron you see in Serenity. Also the coolest scenes of ships flying start with that movie.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
92% of viewers at RT liked it. :)
Forget RT.

There's a reason there's still Browncoats after all these years.

Also today's watching...
Screen-Shot-2019-11-23-at-15.53.28-322ede1.png

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL

Though the series hasn’t even debuted yet, Star Trek: Picard has already been renewed by CBS All Access. Today, during an executive presentation at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, the streamer announced that a second season had officially been green-lit.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
Got to watch the last two episodes of the CW's crossover of "Crisis On Infinite Earths" after the mid season hiatus. It was really good and took many pages from the comic book series. Now to see where the new Earth Prime centered shows take us.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
Oh, man! So many good things that I have watched recently. Finished up "The Expanse" and cannot wait for a new season! So, bloody good! We've been watching "Avenue 5", the new Hugh Laurie comedy on HBO. Not the greatest, but it is actually quite funny and rather enjoyable. "Picard" is awesome. My only complaint is that the episodes are too damned short! The CW "Arrowverse" series are continuing to be imminently watchable and I'm really enjoying "Batwoman". In the "reality" TV vein, I am liking Alton Brown's "Worst Cooks In America". It's a disaster but, as a food service professional it is so damned funny. Worth a watch.

Reactions: a2jack

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
I like Batwoman too. Not nearly as much as Gotham. That show looked more like Gotham (i.e., dark), and it developed multiple villains.

Of course, I'll bet we all figured out the "big surprise" a couple of weeks ago, when Alice showed up in Kate Kane's office.
Took me all of two minutes to realize, "Oh yeah, they just merged the Earths in 'Crisis'. This is a different Alice."

Oh, as for Avenue 5...I've never wanted to strangle a TV character like I want to strangle that bitchy, complaining, loud-mouthed woman.

Reactions: RootBeerMan

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
I like Batwoman too. Not nearly as much as Gotham. That show looked more like Gotham (i.e., dark), and it developed multiple villains.

Of course, I'll bet we all figured out the "big surprise" a couple of weeks ago, when Alice showed up in Kate Kane's office.
Took me all of two minutes to realize, "Oh yeah, they just merged the Earths in 'Crisis'. This is a different Alice."

Oh, as for Avenue 5...I've never wanted to strangle a TV character like I want to strangle that bitchy, complaining, loud-mouthed woman.
Yeah! Karen is our number one choice to be shoved out an airlock!

• Haha
Reactions: Thomas Veil

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Got to watch the last two episodes of the CW's crossover of "Crisis On Infinite Earths" after the mid season hiatus. It was really good and took many pages from the comic book series. Now to see where the new Earth Prime centered shows take us.
What was it a crossover from?

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
What was it a crossover from?
It's from one of the biggest crossovers in comic book history, where DC tried to streamline a continuity they let run amok. It was used to sort of consolidate all over their various comic book universes into one, which the shows basically used for their own various universes. Now Supergirl, Black Lightning, Batwoman are in the same universe as Arrow & Legends, and they got to retcon some character fates. The major selling point was that Arrow is ending this season, and it was laid out last year Ollie/Arrow was going to die in the Crisis.

DIG000413_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
SuperS0202d.png

It was the emotional lynchpin for all of Crisis, because basically all the shows/characters thanked Arrow/Ollie for the start. The last episode/epilogue was the best I thought, which set up the future of the shows. The last episode of Arrow was the funeral, which is what that outtake/photo is from, with Grant Gustin goofing around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
It's from one of the biggest crossovers in comic book history, where DC tried to streamline a continuity they let run amok. It was used to sort of consolidate all over their various comic book universes into one, which the shows basically used for their own various universes. Now Supergirl, Black Lightning, Batwoman are in the same universe as Arrow & Legends, and they got to retcon some character fates. The major selling point was that Arrow is ending this season, and it was laid out last year Ollie/Arrow was going to die in the Crisis.

It was the emotional lynchpin for all of Crisis, because basically all the shows/characters thanked Arrow/Ollie for the start. The last episode/epilogue was the best I thought, which set up the future of the shows. The last episode of Arrow was the funeral, which is what that outtake/photo is from, with Grant Gustin goofing around.

Original story concept and pencils in the DC comic by George Perez, who I WILL be meeting at Megacon this year <nerd_face>

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Original story concept and pencils in the DC comic by George Perez, who I WILL be meeting at Megacon this year <nerd_face>

Whilst dressed as Supergirl? :p

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California

Very very very nice guy. Shame about his medical issues in the past, but a wonderful person to meet.

One of my more treasured pieces given to me.
49479149331_56a644b3b0_z.jpg

• Love
Reactions: D.T.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Very very very nice guy. Shame about his medical issues in the past, but a wonderful person to meet.

One of my more treasured pieces given to me.

Oh, amazing! Yeah, I noted the artist bio on the site said "rare appearance", I don't think he does many appearances anymore. The neat thing about MegaCon, is since it's in Orlando, many guests come to take advantage of being near Universal and Disney :)

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016

And do not forget Marv Wolfman. He had a cameo in the CW Crisis crossover. Played an aged hero fanboy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.