Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
@LizKat Oh yeah, the logistics are so much simpler. Plus, if you're buying for, say, family who's OOT, instead of going out, getting it, finding a box, shipping it, etc., you just drop it right to their door :) Speaking of: the little G got this crazy looking sewing machine from an out of state Aunt, showed up today, for a moment I was like, "Oh geez, did I drunk shop last night? What the hell is this ...?", but I can't imagine the hassle of shopping for this and getting it packaged properly (it's big and heavy) and sent from PA to FL.

(And yes, she wanted a sewing machine, she's getting into costume design :cool:)

I've been able to snag things, while working, coordinate everything using lists on Amazon, easily track the inbound stuff - even swap items, cancel on the fly, etc., all that would've taken tons of driving around, and that assumes I could even find this stuff (several items I could not have or they were a good bit pricier).

When we did our Thanksgiving trip with our good friends, we did a mini-Christmas with them, but everything we bought was purchased locally (we didn't want to bring present) so a fun way to support the local businesses around the area of Charlotte.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Thinking I need to draw and sleep today.

After the grocery delivery.

Another many things on my mind post:

Mom is at the rehab. I hope they give her the physical therapy she needs to correct her right leg.

The only stress this week was hospital social worker giving erroneous info that set off a mad scramble to get mom into a rehab yesterday, and especially older sis in Maine whose become utterly intolerable. This sis and I are not talking now, but whatever. I am no longer buckling under her abusive, unstable and pathetic emails, texts etc. She's been blocked etc.

Learning a lot about how to be not to be between mom's friend (who has been amazing) and this sibling.

The most important person is mom, of course, and she likes the rehab. May that continue once the aggressive physical therapy commences.

Also tried some delicious new (to me) Chinese food last night: spicy cucumber salad and Chrysanthemum Tofu Soup. I saw that soup on the menu and just knew I had to try it because it sounded so epic and very ancient China to me. I liked the soup a lot. The cucumber salad was everything I thought it would be from reviews: Quite amazing.

(This restaurant's decor felt right out of a Shaw Brothers movie set too.:p )

This week has been a learning experience for me, grateful for that and especially for mom's recovery and all the good things to come. I need to dial down my stress.

Oh and I just love this😂🤣😂
4726E2F9-1574-4276-ABC0-15358AF5CD45.jpeg

Yes, that Banana was an art installation which commanded $120,000. I think I need to shift my art to taping food on walls.

@AngerDanger was this one of your great digital manips?

I hope everyone had a decent couple of days here.

🤗

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Mom is at the rehab. I hope they give her the physical therapy she needs to correct her right leg.

The only stress this week was hospital social worker giving erroneous info that set off a mad scramble to get mom into a rehab yesterday, and especially older sis in Maine whose become utterly intolerable. This sis and I are not talking now, but whatever. I am no longer buckling under her abusive, unstable and pathetic emails, texts etc. She's been blocked etc.

Learning a lot about how to be not to be between mom's friend (who has been amazing) and this sibling.

The most important person is mom, of course, and she likes the rehab. May that continue once the aggressive physical therapy commences.

Also tried some delicious new (to me) Chinese food last night: spicy cucumber salad and Chrysanthemum Tofu Soup. I saw that soup on the menu and just knew I had to try it because it sounded so epic and very ancient China to me. I liked the soup a lot. The cucumber salad was everything I thought it would be from reviews: Quite amazing.

This week has been a learning experience for me, grateful for that and especially for mom's recovery and all the good things to come. I need to dial down my stress.

Oh and I just love this😂🤣😂 View attachment 882713

Yes, that Banana was an art installation which commanded $120,000. I think I need to shift my art to taping food on walls.

🤗

Best of luck for your mother's recovery, and equally, best of luck with the family stuff.

Reactions: LizKat and kazmac

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

🤗
I’ve not spoken to my sister in probably a decade. Doubt I’ll see her until my parents funeral (if she goes!).

Hope you get some drawing time in. I’d love to get my camera out, but the Mac is still all packed up until some more renovations are done.

Wishing your mum a speedy recovery.

Have been to a fireplace showroom and two supermarkets this morning.

Cut down some small trees as well as it had stopped raining for a bit.

Heading to a tile place this afternoon.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
I’ve not spoken to my sister in probably a decade. Doubt I’ll see her until my parents funeral (if she goes!).

Hope you get some drawing time in. I’d love to get my camera out, but the Mac is still all packed up until some more renovations are done.

Wishing your mum a speedy recovery.

Have been to a fireplace showroom and two supermarkets this morning.

Cut down some small trees as well as it had stopped raining for a bit.

Heading to a tile place this afternoon.

Glad to hear the progress on the renovations, hope you & Mrs. AFB are doing well at the new homestead.

Thank you and @Scepticalscribe for the well wishes for mom.

Thinking good thoughts for you both as I know this time of year is a challenge.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Glad to hear the progress on the renovations, hope you & Mrs. AFB are doing well at the new homestead.

Indeed. For many.

Saw some ducks on the pond this morning for the first time. They have been missing since we moved in.
Still not seen the elusive kingfisher though.

Reactions: kazmac

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Thank you. Yes, this time of year is a challenge, and thanks you for your kind (and much appreciated) thoughts.

Re your own situation, try not to get too upset by your sister - it is a mad paradox of these situations that one member of a family (almost always the one that does least re responsibilities for caring, but is often indulged or favoured in some way by the parent or elder who is unwell), then proceeds to sit in judgment on and find fault with everyone else, and make "suggestions", that impose impossible demands on the actual carers, which they think (or persuade themselves) is their way of contributing to the situation.

Not easy, not easy at all, and you have my sympathy and empathy.

To my mind, those who are not doing the actual caring should not have as much say in how this is done as those who are doing - and are responsible for - the actual caring.

Elsewhere, thinking of sourcing a porter cake for my brother.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core

🤗

Glad your mother is settling in at the rehab and that she likes the place -- always VERY important! -- and like you, I hope that the rehab process goes well; most people don't like the serious and unfortunately uncomfortable physical therapy that is necessary in order for return of good functionality!

LOVE the banana mount adapter addition to the Apple Pro Display XDR.....!!!! LOL!!! Ah, shucks, I shoulda waited to get one of these instead of the LG display I bought just recently......

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Glad your mother is settling in at the rehab and that she likes the place -- always VERY important! -- and like you, I hope that the rehab process goes well; most people don't like the serious and unfortunately uncomfortable physical therapy that is necessary in order for return of good functionality!

LOVE the banana mount adapter addition to the Apple Pro Display XDR.....!!!! LOL!!! Ah, shucks, I shoulda waited to get one of these instead of the LG display I bought just recently......
You didn’t mention you had won the lottery....!

Reactions: LizKat and kazmac

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Considering subscribing to some type of music service. But, since I have music on Google Music already (that I own), thinking if I want to use Google, or something Apple related.

Bottom line, I need something that I can easily move from iOS to Android; since I often switch between the two OS'...

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010

Seriously, the Banana mount adapter is just tempting me to buy one of those Pro Display XDRs. So what that I do not have a modern Mac that can drive that display. 😝

Mom called a lot a lot today. :) She's in good spirits (I know some of this is from the dilaudid, but for right now she needs that to be able to start the physical therapy on Monday).

Learning so much from her friend who is honest enough to tell it like it is, which is what I need to hear.

Eldest sis is coming around to her baby sister here who is stepping up to the plate and taking charge. I know sis was aware of what I do for mom at home, but this is good. Of course, I wish I could help sis too.

And yay! heard the blue jays again this morning. I miss hearing them on colder days.

@Apple fanboy glad you are starting to see fowl on the new property. Hope the renovations are continuing to go well.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
…Oh and I just love this😂🤣😂 View attachment 882713

@AngerDanger was this one of your great digital manips? …

I'm afraid not, Kazmac. But here, have this one from the The Vault™ (…which is really just a collection of 531 tagged items):

Tim Cook Eating Popcorn.gif

Astonishing.

I was thinking, "oh, it's cool they got a road closed to film this," until I got to 1:43. **** me.

And what was that thing at 2:12? He loses one of the palm pucks, seemingly replaces it, but then the video… rewinds? Yet he's in a different place than the point they seemed to rewind to.

And here I thought I was cool for standing on my bike without touching the handlebars while riding 37mph downhill.

Reactions: kazmac and LizKat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.