Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
I think the movie was made more for entertainment rather than having a real scientific value, Mr Spurlock, of course, is a director, not a researcher.

What I see, nowadays, as a risk, along with the utter lack of exercise, is junk drinks more than junk food; now that, in general, the western society is more aware of the risks involved with eating junk food on a regular basis, we’re still struggling, though, with getting rid of junk drinks, like soda, soft drinks, industrial fruit juice and alcohol.

A documentary I liked, on the topic of food, was “Food Inc.”, during the documentary they interviewed a low-income family, and they said that going to Burger King and drinking Coca Cola, was cheaper than buying healthy groceries and water.
Or, at least, I think that part was in that documentary.
Also to add a relevant book on this subject, "Fast Food Nation", which goes into more detail and background.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Can't believe that Apple hasn't trademarked Siri!
Another company with no relation to Apple obviously have 😂
I'm not that surprised, my relation to Siri has never been very good, but didn't know anything about her moonlighting. How can Tim been allowing this?!

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Can't believe that Apple hasn't trademarked Siri!
Another company with no relation to Apple obviously have
I'm not that surprised, my relation to Siri has never been very good, but didn't know anything about her moonlighting. How can Tim been allowing this?!

Ummm , is this Siri soft core

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
SIRI has lots of hits here, try it
Including these 2
a4a0764f33554a42fe9267e20fda0072.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just had a delicious hot chocolate. Its been cold and damp all day. I wish spring would get here properly and we could even get to see that yellow orb I vaguely remember from last summer.
Cold and wet here, too.

Actually, quite perfectly miserable.

And a day which positively cried out for a serious serving of classic sautéed (artisan) sausages and mashed potato comfort food dinner.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Will be warm 63 deg f and windy, going for MTB trail ride at 5pm. As long as it’s not in 30’s gusts I ride, still in the 20’s you do hear creaking and groaning trees as they sway and rub each other.
a12820ea0d6af91745a79fe851146d4b.jpg

Reactions: bousozoku

fanboy-ish

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2022
I've just discovered that in the macOS Mail app you can download all the attachments from multiple messages in 4 clicks (plus one press of Shift). This is beautiful.

Fanboying over.

Reactions: decafjava

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Family relationships- sometimes seem like more trouble than their worth. Got a Grandkid who takes too much after the EX. There is a real discussion to be had about nature vs nurture, maybe not here. 🤔

scubachap

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2016
UK
Family relationships- sometimes seem like more trouble than their worth. Got a Grandkid who takes too much after the EX. There is a real discussion to be had about nature vs nurture, maybe not here. 🤔
I suspect that nurture come from our intrinsic nature - if that makes sense, and I'm not convinced that most of us have the free will we think we have. The older you get the more you realise people (including myself) can't seem to change unless there's some sort of traumatic event that 'rewires' us. Have you come across Robert Sapolsky? Worth looking him up on YouTube or reading some of his books.

Last edited:

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
My youngest son, 3rd child, turns 18 today. Very proud of him, he will become a US Marine entering the service in August. He wanted “breakfast for dinner”, thick French toast that needs to soak all day per my wife, of course the recipe needed 7 eggs, and I made egg sandwich with the 7th one, soooooo.

Off to local grocery store I went, with my cappuccino and sandwich.

As the saying goes “Happy wife, happy life”.

df1cb39c785e9355851cbf4d14564a57.jpg

I’m in Michigan, it’s morning 7:30am here .

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
My youngest son, 3rd child, turns 18 today. Very proud of him, he will become a US Marine entering the service in August. He wanted “breakfast for dinner”, thick French toast that needs to soak all day per my wife, of course the recipe needed 7 eggs, and I made egg sandwich with the 7th one, soooooo.

Off to local grocery store I went, with my cappuccino and sandwich.

As the saying goes “Happy wife, happy life”.

df1cb39c785e9355851cbf4d14564a57.jpg

I’m in Michigan, it’s morning 7:30am here .
On the subject of eggs. Just doing my dinner. Two eggs. Both double yokes! What are the odds?

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Scrambled. Served with pasta and tuna. Quick and easy as I was home late from the office. Mrs AFB had already eaten.
Sounds nice.

Hope you enjoyed them.

I am quite partial to scrambled eggs.

Scrambled are also very tasty with toast, and with bacon rashers (or pancetta, or guanciale) sautéed first, then with the eggs scrambled through.

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Sounds nice.

Hope you enjoyed them.

Scrambled are also very tasty with toast, and with bacon rashers (or pancetta, or guanciale) sautéed first, then with the eggs scrambled through.
When I was growing up in the 1960’s, I remember my grandfather was always distrustful of restaurants, always afraid they were going to cheat customers. If you ordered eggs he never allowed anyone to order scrambled eggs. Since,
You didn’t know how many eggs you really got, and
You didn’t know if the eggs were fresh (vs dried?)

I order my eggs scrambled all the time, it one of my tiny acts of rebellion

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
When I was growing up in the 1960’s, I remember my grandfather was always distrustful of restaurants, always afraid they were going to cheat customers. If you ordered eggs he never allowed anyone to order scrambled eggs. Since,
You didn’t know how many eggs you really got, and
You didn’t know if the eggs were fresh (vs dried?)

I order my eggs scrambled all the time, it one of my tiny acts of rebellion
Fresh eggs for me, always, and, as I buy these eggs in the farmers' market from those who have their own hens, I know that they are free range, organic and conform to environmental standards; more to the point, they are delicious.

While I am more than partial to fried eggs, (and poached eggs), scrambled eggs can be delicious.

Reactions: decafjava

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Finding it difficult to move today, spent last night with chills and a migraine and they're continuing today. Doesn't see that much but I got ready for work and then, didn't go. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Sounds nice.

Hope you enjoyed them.

I only really eat eggs scrambled to be honest. Not that I don’t like them fried or poached. But as I don’t eat much bread that limits my options.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Finding it difficult to move today, spent last night with chills and a migraine and they're continuing today. Doesn't see that much but I got ready for work and then, didn't go. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.
Sorry to hear that; get well soon.

Are the migraines a regular (but, not necessarily, a common) occurrence?

If so, you have my sympathy; I used to suffer from them, and, once started, they tended to last for around three (exhausting) days.

Rest, darkness, hydration, and whatever remedies are available would be my recommendation; (that is, remedies that work, for, with migraines, I used to find that remedies that worked on other conditions rarely worked well).

Have you any idea of what triggers them?

• Wow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.