Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I did it once when I got my mini 4 from my ex girlfriend (we swapped iPads, I gave her the air and she gave me the mini 4). But I have never created a separate Apple ID myself. What would be the advantage for betas?

I think at one time, Apple was making changes to Photos, Reminders, Notes, etc. on iCloud along with the new iOS firmware. Having a separate account means the beta won't affect or break compatibility of these services on my primary devices.

Reactions: Digitalguy

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
Article says both? 🤔
Article doesn't know. The EU obliges Apple to do sideloading only for iPhone, not for iPad, since iPad is not part of the gatekeeper status. So it's up to Apple, and just like Apple is limiting it to the 27 EU countries they have no obligation to extend it to iPad (since they thecnically have a different OS, iPadOS)

lozion

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Article doesn't know. The EU obliges Apple to do sideloading only for iPhone, not for iPad, since iPad is not part of the gatekeeper status. So it's up to Apple, and just like Apple is limiting it to the 27 EU countries they have no obligation to extend it to iPad (since they thecnically have a different OS, iPadOS)
link?

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
"In addition, the Commission has opened a market investigation to further assess whether Apple's iPadOS should be designated as gatekeeper, despite not meeting the thresholds. Under the DMA, this investigation should be completed within a maximum of 12 months."

At this point Apple has no obligation

Reactions: lozion

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
To be fair WhatsApp/Meta is a tiny company with limited resources unlike Signal which has a whopping 100 employees (and has had an iPad app for ages) 😆

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
To be fair WhatsApp/Meta is a tiny company with limited resources unlike Signal which has a whopping 100 employees (and has had an iPad app for ages) 😆
Zuck hates Apple beacuse of the Ask not to track so they will always favor Android

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
I guess then this feature ist not important enough for you to deal with this ;)
It's also because I have alternatives, for now I am using a Surface go 2 M3 LTE, I can also use my Tab S9 5G, which has whatsapp, but the day whatsapps comes to iPad I'll move back to iPad...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.