Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
In a surprise move, Apple has announced a new iPad event for May 7, with the iPad Pro and iPad Air expected to debut.
The event called "Let Loose" is on May 7. However, it is scheduled a bit earlier in the day than normal, happening at 10AM Eastern time.
Like other Apple events, it will be streamed to the public via the Apple website, as well as the Apple TV app and on YouTube

9 to 5 article

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
This launch has been very turbulent lol. Lots of wrong dates and once we finally got the date right, we get an event which we were not expecting. At least we’re not in the dark anymore!

madmin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
I reckon it’s an event to announce the date they will announce the date.

Username checks out. You're be avoiding the gloss finish as well one presumes ;)

Anyhow hope you're wrong, my train tickets are booked for the end of May to deliver the new iPad to a family member. Already went empty handed end of March :rolleyes: her birthday was in January o_O

• Haha
Reactions: NastyMatt

realtired

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2024
The wait is finally over! Well, not really. We just know exactly how long we have to wait now. Hopefully the price hikes aren't beyond $200 higher than current models.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
The wait is finally over! Well, not really. We just know exactly how long we have to wait now. Hopefully the price hikes aren't beyond $200 higher than current models.
I just hope that Euro-prices get re-evaluated. The previous iPads are seriously badly priced due to a one-time, short-lived exceptional dip between EUR-USD. Apple always re-evaluates and corrects their currency exchange when they launch a new product.

The current iPad Air costs $850 in Euroland. The current 12.9" iPad Pro? $1600.

I can only hope that now that the currency exchange rates have rebounced to normal levels, that €-prices will either decrease (like they did with iPhone 15) or... if there's a USD price increase... that €-prices remain roughly flat. Else it's going to really hurt, haha!

mtngal

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2015
My bet is the new air’s will be available on the 7th and the new pro’s will be available to preorder in June.
I sure hope not, I’m hoping the pros are available in early May. I’m not going to have an address or be near an Apple Store all summer. And I am really tired of the small screen on my “temporary” iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.