Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frohike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Kent, England
I've been looking for a specific date on the release of the mac version of tiberium wars but everywhere simply says July 2007... i would have thought that there would be a specific date for release seeing as there are only five days left in July after today! Either that or they have already released it and i'm being dumb! Anyway a little help on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

All the best,
Frohike

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2006
It is not out for mac yet :(.. And I dont think nobody knows when they will release it.

Frohike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Kent, England
Yeah its just that on wiki and the EA site and at the WWDC conference they all say late July and there have been no announcements that it is delayed! Kinda getting annoying that there is little or no information on the subject!

CrescentEdge

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2007
Yeah its just that on wiki and the EA site and at the WWDC conference they all say late July and there have been no announcements that it is delayed! Kinda getting annoying that there is little or no information on the subject!

This is really starting to bother me as well. Annoying as it is when a game is announced 2 years in advance only to get bumped back 4 times etc., it's equally frustrating when there is no information what so ever on a title and as of right now, that seems to be exactly the case with these fabled EA/Mac titles.

Here are a few websites with "up to date" information on the release dates just to give people an idea of how little information there is. There are plenty more out there, but this sampling covers the range I found most often.

Apple.com
Link: EA Announcement

Gamespot.com
Link: Gamespot

1up.com
Status: Already released as of May 2007... go figure. Definitely not the case.
Link: 1up

Gamespy.com
Link: Gamespy

Gamedb.com
Status July 2007
Link: Mac Game Database

IGN.com
Link: There are still links to Command and Conquer 3 for the mac, but they are all broken. Like the one off this page.

In short, it doesn't seem like there is any movement at all on the EA/Mac games front, and as we near the end of July, it does raise some questions at to what exactly is going on since many of the sites I found listed July as the "go date". I tried calling an Apple store on the off chance they had shipping information for the various titles, but they sounded like they were totally in the dark.

I guess there isn't a whole lot one can do save wait and see what happens. I just wish Apple or EA would give some indication of the status of these games.

Frohike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Kent, England
It just seems so crazy that, like you said, there is no information... i mean they seemed pretty sure of it at WWDC. I assumed that they'd made the game for mac already and had just pulled the release date a little away from the conference... i mean that would be the obvious thing as they announced it and everything!

It's almost as if everyone apart from a few unhappy command and conquer fans on mac have forgotten that this announcement was ever made! I mean... the announcement was made... wasn't it? I'm not just imagining it?!

There's gotta be some information on it somewhere... some one, somewhere, must know something!

CrescentEdge

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2007
It will be even more frustrating if they don't have any news on the 31st. Of course, at the rate things are going, that seems quite possible, if not likely. Since the games are using Cider and not running totally natively, the "production time" should be really short. Not to mention, the games are all already out on the PC and using Cider, the port should be pretty quick.

I broke down and bought C and C 3 for the PC and am running boot camp. The game runs well, though my ATI X1900 really gets going. Honestly, I am less than happy with the solution, since I don't like having to maintain 2 operating systems and there are still some holes in Boot Camp to be sure. Not to mention, XP is not my favorite OS... by a long shot.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
yup...very annoying indeed. i'm still waiting for word on madden08 for the mac as well.

i guess i'll just keep saving those pennies until they come out :)

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
*strokes iMac disc slot* soooon my pretty.....

um,

otherwise

ouch.

it's the last day of the month. there should be SOMETHING about this today, maybe ? guys ? :eek:

CrescentEdge

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2007
I'm starting to worry that, much like July 31st is sometimes used as a tentative "placeholder" for a release date (signifying "sometime unspecified that month but probably a lot later"), July might be a "placeholder" for "sometime this summer but possibly later."

Of course, it's impossible to tell since there is still no new information as far as I can tell. It seems a bit silly of Apple and EA to announce a title, hype the "speed" and "ease" with which Cider will allow pc titles to come to the mac, and then be incredibly slow in the update and information process.

At this point, I would rather they fully port the game allowing it to run as a Universal Binary natively on both PPC and Intel Macs since the whole Cider thing doesn't seem to be as speedy as initially stated. Of course, it's probably naive to think this is any sort of priority for EA. It's probably very near the bottom of the "To Do" list.

Paulyboy

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007
It's not just that none of the four titles Bing Gordon said would be out in July have been released. The strangest thing to me is there's absolutely nothing about any of the six announced titles anywhere other than the WWDC thing. No system requirements. No "Mac" designation anywhere on EA's website. No word. Nothing.

I'm guessing this all happened because Transgaming approached EA and was persistent (not the other way around). And I'm also guessing this all happened very recently which would give reason as to why "Mac" or the Apple logo doesn't appear in print or TV ads for Harry Potter, Madden, and Tiger Woods. Of coarse that doesn't explain why EA couldn't hire a Mac web guru to add Mac-related stuff to its website. Heck just a "Mac" button on their frontpage that links to a single Mac-related webpage with updated information on these games wouldn't be too much to ask. Would it?

As for the Bing Gordon WWDC appearance. He probably just called Steve and asked if he could stop by on the way to his daily golf outting. :)

This whole situation just boggles the mind.

-PN

P.S. Madden 2008's worldwide release is scheduled for August 14th. Didn't Bing also say simultaneous Mac release for that one?

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
Vaporware. Perhaps they really meant that you can play all the EA games if you run Bootcamp on your Mac.

They did say games would be run on OS X, and even demoed one in OS X at WWDC. Vaporware? Maybe, but they were talking about games on OS X quite specifically.

markmcm

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2007
Looks like something is going to happen on August 7th. According to commandandconquer.com

CrescentEdge

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2007

Perhaps I am missing something, but that link leads to an article concerning a Command and Conquer 3 mod for Crysis, a new FPS coming out later this year. I didn't see anything about the mac on that page but maybe I missed it?

It just looked like a hype page for something they are calling "The Dead Six" which will be a C and C add-on for this game. Please let me know if I am misreading that page, since I may very well have missed something important.

iProd

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
Boston
Perhaps I am missing something, but that link leads to an article concerning a Command and Conquer 3 mod for Crysis, a new FPS coming out later this year. I didn't see anything about the mac on that page but maybe I missed it?

It just looked like a hype page for something they are calling "The Dead Six" which will be a C and C add-on for this game. Please let me know if I am misreading that page, since I may very well have missed something important.

Command & Conquer 3 will be revolutionized right here on August 7th, be sure to check back!

And we all know Apple's got something going down on the 7th.. :eek:

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Nope, no news yet. I get the feeling that link with that announcement to check back on the 7th of August is just a mere coincidence with Apple's media event.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.