Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I just sent EA an email. I'll post back if I ever get a response.

Edit: Okay, I got an automated email that more or less said "get bent! We can't be bothered with your questions."

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
I just sent EA an email. I'll post back if I ever get a response.

Edit: Okay, I got an automated email that more or less said "get bent! We can't be bothered with your questions."

Maybe transgaming would know better? It is just a port through cider.

koops

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
London
Ugh...that kills all hope I had for Starcraft II also.

Has anyone used C&C3 using Boot Camp? How did that run?

i installed it 2 days ago on XP - the thing flies - I have all setting at high (have not tried ultra high yet) and at full res (1400 x 900) have not had one crash or stutter, everything is so smooth and graphics are great!. I was going to wait for EA to buck their ideas up, but gave up, I think it will run better in XP anyhow. The MBP does get hot but have not got a temp monitor in XP - when switching to OSX straight after, the temp was at 69 degrees C.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
i say we email Mr. Jobs and tell him that Ea isn't pulling its weight. i can't imagine he'd want to be in business with a slacker partner. i understand software dev, but no updates is pretty bad business practice. and it's the same for madden 08 - nuttin'!

but <sigh>, it is just a game. guess i'll find other things to do until it comes out :)

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
i say we email Mr. Jobs and tell him that Ea isn't pulling its weight. i can't imagine he'd want to be in business with a slacker partner. i understand software dev, but no updates is pretty bad business practice. and it's the same for madden 08 - nuttin'!

I'm in! :)

CrescentEdge

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2007
Finally!

And just when you thought they had forgotten us...

Link From Apple Games

4 of the six games are now available from Apple.com. (See the link at the bottom of the page with the movies.) Not sure if they are in the store yet, as it is too early to call.

Battlefield 2142 - Available Now
Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars - Available Now
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Available Now
Need For Speed: Carbon - Available Now
Madden NFL 08 - Coming Soon
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 - Coming Soon

Listed System Requirements for Command and Conquer 3:
* Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
* 1.83GHz or faster Intel Core Duo processor
* 1GB RAM
* 6GB free hard-disk space
* Video card: ATI X1600 series or later; NVIDIA GeForce 7300 or later
* DVD-ROM drive

icecone

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007

Link From Apple Games

4 of the six games are now available from Apple.com. (See the link at the bottom of the page with the movies.) Not sure if they are in the store yet, as it is too early to call.

Listed System Requirements for Command and Conquer 3:
* Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
* 1.83GHz or faster Intel Core Duo processor
* 1GB RAM
* 6GB free hard-disk space
* Video card: ATI X1600 series or later; NVIDIA GeForce 7300 or later
* DVD-ROM drive

GREAT!
Waiting for reviews:cool:
Really in Apple store: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=10501E75&nplm=TN642LL/A

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
Fantastic news! Glad EA finally got around to releasing them, I'll definitely be buying Battlefield 2142. Has anyone called their Apple Stores to see if they are in stock at the stores?

Steve

jackbenimble4

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2007
Providence, RI
I haven't called yet, but I doubt they're in the stores right now. The estimated shipping time is 7-10 business days, which makes me think that they don't have it quite yet. I'll call my apple store next week.

CrescentEdge

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2007
Fantastic news! Glad EA finally got around to releasing them, I'll definitely be buying Battlefield 2142. Has anyone called their Apple Stores to see if they are in stock at the stores?

Steve

Neither of the stores near me had copies yet, but the manager seemed to think they would be arriving as soon as tomorrow and at the latest next week.

I'll post again if I hear any updates since until I hear a sales rep. tell me he/she has the game in hand, it doesn't exist.

fblack

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA

Link From Apple Games

Then again maybe they're just teasing us, from appleinsider posted yesterday:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...claims_of_simultaneous_mac_game_releases.html

The Mac OS X versions of two brand-new games, Madden NFL 08 and Tiger Woods 08, have been pushed back from their announced August releases to September or October, an EA representative told AppleInsider. The company, however, launched Madden NFL 08 for virtually every other platform on Tuesday.

When pressed for an explanation, the EA spokesperson said there were no definitive reasons available for the delay but alluded to a possible lack of experience with Mac development. This was possibly prompted in part by the company's years-long absence from the platform.

In speaking to AppleInsider, the spokesperson nonetheless claimed that four ports of previously released titles -- Battlefield 2142, Command and Conquer 3, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and Need for Speed Carbon -- were already available in stores. As of press time, however, EA was unable to provide the name of a single store at which customers could purchase any of the titles.

A brief survey by AppleInsider of Apple's stores, as well as Amazon and several other leading online retailers, revealed that none had the games in stock while only a few outlets were offering pre-orders. Some online retailers known to carry Mac software, including Amazon, made no mention of the Mac version whatsoever while listing available copies for Windows and several video game consoles.

FreedomFighter

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
???

Hey guys I was looking up the page with command and conquer 3 on it at the apple website and here where the system requirement:

System Requirements
Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
1.83GHz or faster Intel Core Duo processor
1GB RAM
6GB free hard-disk space
Video card: ATI X1600 series or later; NVIDIA GeForce 7300 or later
DVD-ROM drive

Note: This game does not support the GMA950 integrated graphics card.
Does this mean the game won't run on a mac mini and macbook or that you cannot get customer support from ea using this chipset?

CrescentEdge

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2007
The more I think about it... the fact that the shipping dates are 7-10 days on the apple store may indeed indicate that the games aren't even ready to be shipped yet.
The apple retail locations are pretty beholden to Apple for any and all information, and it seems they have received very little about these titles.

One rep I spoke with said, "Sometimes we get software before the apple store, sometimes it takes us a month to get shipments."

I guess it's probably not wise to hold one's breath for these games. They'll get here eventually.

Does this mean the game won't run on a mac mini and macbook or that you cannot get customer support from ea using this chipset?

Unfortunately that typically means any system with that chipset will not run the game. I am not familiar with which Apple systems have integrated chips, but it looks like, (at least according to the system requirements available) any system with the GMA950 will not run this game. :/

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Hey guys I was looking up the page with command and conquer 3 on it at the apple website and here where the system requirement:

System Requirements
Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
1.83GHz or faster Intel Core Duo processor
1GB RAM
6GB free hard-disk space
Video card: ATI X1600 series or later; NVIDIA GeForce 7300 or later
DVD-ROM drive

It means that the game won't run on the GMA950 and requires dedicated graphics.

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
I've posted some info I received from EA in another thread. I don't really feel like copying it over, so here is a link to the other thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.