Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
i think the biggest sign that immersive content isn't prioritized on Apple's roadmap, is because there are two Environments they have been saying "coming soon" since release. Why wouldn't they just tuck those away until a new update. why even mention them since day one.

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
i think the biggest sign that immersive content isn't prioritized on Apple's roadmap, is because there are two Environments they have been saying "coming soon" since release. Why wouldn't they just tuck those away until a new update. why even mention them since day one.

My guess would be dangling carrots in order to have buyers keep it beyond the two week return window.

Reactions: deaglecat

WingingIt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2021
Interesting read on what’s known so far about how Apple shoots immersive content:

How Apple shoots immersive content…

0900 - film crew shows up to work.
0905 - crew starts shooting.
0910 - filming ends.
0911 - crew goes on vacation for a month.

geauxmac

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2011
The new prehistoric immersive is pretty cool with the triceratops.

It has another flying sequence that makes me wish that Disney would release an Apple Vision Pro version of Avatar flight passage from Disney World. 😅

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio

It has another flying sequence that makes me wish that Disney would release an Apple Vision Pro version of Avatar flight passage from Disney World. 😅
I’m excited to see an Episode 2 of their immersive content.
It’s really well done for sure!

WingingIt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2021

I haven’t looked it up yet, but if it turns out to be 5 minutes long again you’re all gonna hear about it! 😂

Reactions: geauxmac

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
This all clearly means one thing: Tim Cook is not a big supporter of the AVP.

If the boss cared about it, things would be happening. So he doesn’t.

Tim was persuaded to release it because the product was pretty much done but personally doesn’t believe. Doom loop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.