Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Apple Watch will you be buying?

• Total voters

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I wanted the 38mm space grey with black band and would get a white band to mix it up as it looks very nice.
However the SG was shipping in June and I am being a bit impatient.

Ordered a 38mm sport with white band... Says 2-3 weeks shipping. I will test it out, and see how I like the watch. If I still want the space grey black, I will order in June and sell the white here in Dubai (easy to make my money back since it's not available yet and selling at a premium).

At the risk of being criticized about what I'm about to say, here we go . . .
I have a very low opinion of scalpers (those who purchase items in scarcity with the express purpose of making a hefty profit). This is just my personal opinion, but I do recognize that people can and do this if that's what they choose to do.
What you may be doing with your white watch, I see as a totally different thing altogether. I hope you find happiness with either (or both) models.

There I said it and don't regret it, so let the flames fly :eek:

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
At the risk of being criticized about what I'm about to say, here we go . . .
I have a very low opinion of scalpers (those who purchase items in scarcity with the express purpose of making a hefty profit). This is just my personal opinion, but I do recognize that people can and do this if that's what they choose to do.
What you may be doing with your white watch, I see as a totally different thing altogether. I hope you find happiness with either (or both) models.

There I said it and don't regret it, so let the flames fly :eek:

Well I don't think I am scalping. If you read my post I am going to be using the item, not buying for the sole purpose of selling and making money.
If the model I wanted was available when I could get it, I would have gotten that one.
And you say what I am doing is totally different, so I don't get your comment.

And I didn't say I will be making money on reselling, I will like to recover my cost.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Well I don't think I am scalping. If you read my post I am going to be using the item, not buying for the sole purpose of selling and making money.
If the model I wanted was available when I could get it, I would have gotten that one.
And you say what I am doing is totally different, so I don't get your comment.

And I didn't say I will be making money on reselling, I will like to recover my cost.

Oh sorry . . . what I meant to say is that I don't consider what you may do as scalping. I understand why you may decide to sell one of your Apple Watches and do not see, what you are doing, the same as what most scalpers do. I wasn't calling you a scalper. Sorry, if I misrepresented your intent. My apologies.

CedarPoint182

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2006
Saw the Apple Watch(es) in the store for the first time today.

Does anyone else think the Sport looks sort of cheap? Don't get me wrong, I can't afford any of them, but next to the stainless steel, I thought the aluminum looked rather un-classy for some reason. I couldn't envision myself wearing the Sport to work or a dressy night out without a different band, too.

The regular Watch looked gorgeous to me, though, especially with the Link Bracelet in Space Black. That would probably be the one I would go with if it wen't $1,100. I also liked the Milanese Loop more than I expected. (I thought it looked somewhat feminine online.)

kenrobin

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area

Does anyone else think the Sport looks sort of cheap? Don't get me wrong, I can't afford any of them, but next to the stainless steel, I thought the aluminum looked rather un-classy for some reason.

I thought the same thing about the Sport. As much as I wanted to keep the price down, I broke down & ordered the Stainless Steel 42mm with the black classic buckle. My shipping date is July but I'm really hoping it ships well before then.

Anya B

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2013
I had (have, long story) the Sport 42mm Sport and i've just ordered the 42mm SS Milanese. The SS Milanese won't be here until July but at least I know I want the :apple:watch.

I used the Sport for a few days and loved the geeky things it can do.

hallidc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2013
I said for awhile that I wouldn't purchase an Apple Watch...however I looked on my local classifieds and picked up an Apple Watch Sport w/ a white band for a decent price (AppleCare+ too). Figured I'd chime in on the device and test it for a few days!

Zeos

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2008
Just ordered the 38mm mid-tier watch, black classic band. 1-2 weeks.

----------

Does anyone else think the Sport looks sort of cheap?

Yes, a little. That's why I went for the stainless steel. But it's hard to swallow the fact that the SS watch is about the same price as a nice iPad!

gzigoris

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2013
Middle MI.USA
I ordered the Black SS with link bracelet. Was at the Apple store on Monday and tried on the different watches and now glad I ordered what I did. I didn't care for the Sport Watch as it seemed too light and didn't seem like a real watch. The SS had a nice feel to it and weight of the watch that I am presently wearing.

Hey rich people for another $399 You can have your SS watch plated with gold by a jeweler.

Never like flashy going to really enjoy my watch when it gets here in June.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
42MM Silver Sport with White Sport Band. I will order a Milanese Loop for it.

July shipping, but I have a feeling that come early to mid June that may change for the better.

orioncrystalice

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2014
Decided today at :apple: store. 42 mm Space Grey Sport with Milanese. The SS is just too heavy especially for the Milanese. I would always be aware of it sitting there; the Sport I can wear and forget it's there.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Decided today at :apple: store. 42 mm Space Grey Sport with Milanese. The SS is just too heavy especially for the Milanese. I would always be aware of it sitting there; the Sport I can wear and forget it's there.

yeah the SS makes my left arm feel heavy. but i didnt try on the sport.

Slowpc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2013
Winston Salem NC
38mm AWS WSB set here was ordered the other night...

Now to play the waiting game here :(

Maybe I should order my stands and bands while I wait.

laurenashley

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Bloomington, IN
38mm Sport w/ WSB!
Ordered mine two days ago and I'm already getting impatient. 3-5 weeks will be the death of me! I'm hoping they get sent out quicker but I will wait if I have too :)

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
42MM Silver Sport with White Sport Band. I will order a Milanese Loop for it.

July shipping, but I have a feeling that come early to mid June that may change for the better.

I was going to do the same. How does the stainless steel band look with the aluminium watch?

whatos

macrumors 6502a
The Apple Watch I returned wasn't bad, just didn't have anything compelling to offer me.

Now as more and more is gradually surfacing as to what might be included in the second gen model I'm seeing the kind of improvements Apple has a track record of including in its second generation products.

If true, suddenly it's becoming more relevant for my needs. I may end up buying the second gen and enjoying its new usefulness.

Crazy Matt

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2015
USA
The Apple Watch I returned wasn't bad, just didn't have anything compelling to offer me.

Now as more and more is gradually surfacing as to what might be included in the second gen model I'm seeing the kind of improvements Apple has a track record of including in its second generation products.

If true, suddenly it's becoming more relevant for my needs. I may end up buying the second gen and enjoying its new usefulness.

I haven't read any of the rumors about the next generation yet, just trying to enjoy this one for now since I've only had it a couple of weeks.

But just out of curiosity, what are the things on the next generation that would change your mind about buying one?

whatos

macrumors 6502a
I haven't read any of the rumors about the next generation yet, just trying to enjoy this one for now since I've only had it a couple of weeks.

But just out of curiosity, what are the things on the next generation that would change your mind about buying one?

Built in GPS
Flat back without the existing bump.
Wireless charging
Longer battery life.

whatos

macrumors 6502a
Just curious, where did you hear those predictions?

As a long very term Apple shareholder, historian and user I read a vast amount of Apple rumors, news, and the like from many sources across the blogosphere. In nearly all cases I'll grab the URL, but at times I'm in a rush without time to copy it.

However that said, I'm sure if these have merit we'll see more articles. Personally they're all must have features I'm not willing to forego. If not implemented then I'll simply wait. I'm still not convinced that Apple Watch is anything more than a fascinating gadget thus far.

It won't fail because Apple's cash hoard allows them to make it successful as a niche product once the honeymoon is over and interest subsides. Currently Apple is so rich and so big they are immune to any mistakes they make.

It's good to be the 800 lb. Gorilla... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.