Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Apple Watch will you be buying?

• Total voters

Brandont0905

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
help

im going to get another watch for someone \

what 38mm sport colour would be shipped the fastest?????

considering my personal 38mm blue was ordred on 17/4/15 with a june shippment but i got in on friday please help:apple::apple::apple::apple:

mcmul

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
I was planning to get the Watch with leather strap but, after playing with two of them today for a few hours, I'm not. Underwhelmed would be an understatement. As would unimpressed. Meh.

tengtengvn

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2013
I played with it at the store. Dang, that aluminum on the watch case looks ugly and cheap..

swedefish

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
Ugh, I have such dainty writs that I think I have to go with the 38mm model. Either way, I will go with the stainless steel version, and a classic leather band.

Update: I tried on both models in London Regent Street and, surprisingly, the one that looked and felt the best on my relatively skinny wrists was the 42mm model; and the best looking and feeling band was the stainless steel link. The sales person admitted that staff in the store initially worried that the 42mm model would be too big for most, but were as pleasantly surprised as I was when they tried it on in real life, because it is a very reasonable size. As soon as I upgrade my iPhone I will definitely get this. Truly a beautiful product.

----------

I was planning to get the Watch with leather strap but, after playing with two of them today for a few hours, I'm not. Underwhelmed would be an understatement. As would unimpressed. Meh.

I agree that the leather really isn't very nice. The metal links look brilliant though.

Dr0d23

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
Ordered 42mm SS with link band April 10th at 8:07am est said said delivery date 5/13-5/27 hoping it comes in earlier but not holding my breath at this point

Bo31210

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2015
Macon, GA
2 Sports

First is the Green 42 on 4/11 @ 16:26 EST
Second is the Blue 42 on 4/24 @ 11:11 EST

We will see which arrives first. any bets? LOL

MizuNoHane

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2014
Definitely getting the Sport model with white fluoroelastomer band - the white pops while fitting with pretty much every article of clothing you could wear. Great stuff. So excited!

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Looking back on the original posts, the pricing speculation is hilarious.

Mostly for the Edition.

I have to admit that I did find the Sport and Watch lines to be in line with my expectations re: price to some degree, but that Edition was WAY more than I figured it would be. ;)

SouthernBelleLA

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015
Milanese loop 38 mm Stainless

Ordered between 6 and 7 pm central time on preorder day.

(Originally ordered the pink modern apple watch but after seeing it in person, I loved the Milanese and canceled my order)

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
Sport/Green

:D I also gave great thought for the Sport/Black on Space Gray but the Green won. Most of my clothing is Green and Brown.

Attachments

• apple watch.JPG
    apple watch.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 147

Planepics

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
Nevada
Couldn't contain myself any longer!
Just ordered Apple Watch Sport, 42, Blue sport band.
We shall see how long it takes to get here!:eek:

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
I'm in two minds.

Part of me isn't bothered if I buy one or not. The more impulsive part of my personality is thinking the Sport Edition with Black Band.

I've got quite skinny wrists so think I need to clock the 38mm and 42mm display in person if I end up giving into the Devil!

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Ordered a 42Sport/White + AppleCare yesterday, I've been on the fence and initially wanted stainless or black stainless but decided against paying more for a 1st Gen.
Since I've not touched or used one yet it is a limited/niche product. Now, by the time :apple:Watch2 or 3 hits I may decide to drop the $600-800 on one.

Zeebedy

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2011
Scotland, UK
hey guys,

just having a coffee after being in the apple store looking at the 42mm milanese loop, OMG, gorgeous watch.

needless to say i put down an order there even though I'm skint :eek:

NEED TO GET!

RTJ

colonelbutt

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2007
London
I had a look in the shop

1. Watch sport – aluminium case and strengthened glass
•Incredibly light
•The plastic straps are extremely tactile to hold, in fact apple has thought through the quality and feel of this device very well
•The black strap will go with the silver case, but the black case will not go with any other coloured strap except black
•There are some lovely steel straps to buy, but none of them go with the Watch sport as they are stainless steel (duller). So don’t think you can cheap out on a the Watch Sport and then buy a stainless steel strap to give the impression you could afford the Watch

2. Watch – stainless steel case and sapphire crystal glass
•30% heavier then the Watch sport, but still very light IMHO, especially after a swiss watch
•Looks noticeably nicer and more like jewellery when held next to the watch sport. A duller more sophisticated sparkle. Not that the Watch sport is not nice, just the Watch is nicer ….

3. Watch Edition – starts at £8,000 upwards, forget it ….

I am afraid the stainless steel looks and feels so much nicer and the sapphire crystal screen is a nice feeling to have

...... its now just a question of when it will be delivered to me ;)

Ghaleon

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
I finally tried on the Apple Watch at the store today. Surprisingly, they had available spots right away.

Before the appointment, I thought my first choice was the 38mm Sports model with a black band, followed by the 38mm Standard model with a midnight blue band.

First I tried the Sports models on 38 and 42mm. Like I thought, the 42mm was a little big (not much). I always preferred small watches (35mm), so that's no surprise.

The rubber on the Sports watch felt fine, although it made the band "start" too far away from the skin and made the watch too loose. If I fastened it one notch tighter then it was too tight. The girl in change of the fitting told me I might like more the Standard ones, since the metal that attaches the band to the watch makes the band closer to the skin.

She was right. It felt a lot better. I started with the classic buckle. It felt very familiar because it is the type of band most people have used for years.

The Milanese loop was a mess. It was very luxurious, but the metal keep sticking to itself. I was not looking forward to putting it on and taking it off every day. Maybe it would get better with practice. However, it made the watch feel and look "too big" and didn't look as good on me. I was not expecting that and was very surprised, since it's such a popular and luxurious looking option.

The modern buckle with midnight blue leather looked rather "cheap" as I was putting it on. Plus I was having trouble getting it on. After the girl helped me, it kept getting easier and I liked it more the more times I put it on and took it off (I ended up trying it on several times throughout the fitting).

I ended up the fitting trying on the 35mm Sports and 35mm midnight blue with modern buckle one last time at the end of the fitting. It confirmed I liked the midnight blue band the best.

Unfortunately, I don't expect to get an Apple Watch for the time being because my current phone is an iPhone 4 and I want to use it until it breaks. However, Standard, midnight blue, modern buckle, is the one I would get.

Based upon my experience, I suggest people try the Apple Watch at the Apple store before they order one.

iMidway

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2015
Well I'm going to sit it out and wait until stock levels improve and see how strong my impulsiveness is then.

Enjoy yours though.

True-- having to wait a couple of months to actually get the product kind of spoil the excitement of an impulsive buy.

Cheers!

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
38 Sport Green, and it got here today!

----------

Definitely getting the Sport model with white fluoroelastomer band - the white pops while fitting with pretty much every article of clothing you could wear. Great stuff. So excited!

I LOVE the white band too. But, I have a Michele watch with a white rubber band, and that sucker picks up color transfer from everything I wear. A red shirt turned it pink, and dark jeans turned it blue. So now it has sort of a white and rainbow band. Haven't yet figured out how to remove the color transfer...I'm thinking Magic Eraser maybe? That's why I went green with my Apple Watch...hoping it's more resistant to color transfer.

MizuNoHane

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2014
38 Sport Green, and it got here today!

----------

I LOVE the white band too. But, I have a Michele watch with a white rubber band, and that sucker picks up color transfer from everything I wear. A red shirt turned it pink, and dark jeans turned it blue. So now it has sort of a white and rainbow band. Haven't yet figured out how to remove the color transfer...I'm thinking Magic Eraser maybe? That's why I went green with my Apple Watch...hoping it's more resistant to color transfer.

That's a great point, I haven't considered that until seeing other threads pop up about color distortion and wear with the sport bands. Congrats on your green sport Apple Watch! Extremely jealous!

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
im going to get another watch for someone \

what 38mm sport colour would be shipped the fastest?????

considering my personal 38mm blue was ordred on 17/4/15 with a june shippment but i got in on friday please help:apple::apple::apple::apple:

As far as I am aware that is actually the blue sport band. That and the SS Classic buckle they seem to have a surplus of stock.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
I wanted the 38mm space grey with black band and would get a white band to mix it up as it looks very nice.
However the SG was shipping in June and I am being a bit impatient.

Ordered a 38mm sport with white band... Says 2-3 weeks shipping. I will test it out, and see how I like the watch. If I still want the space grey black, I will order in June and sell the white here in Dubai (easy to make my money back since it's not available yet and selling at a premium).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.