Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Apple Watch will you be buying?

• Total voters

nickchallis92

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2012
London
Not getting one. Solves a problem that doesn't exist. Creates a problem that was solved in 1927, getting a clock that is reliable at telling the time.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
i ordered the SS 42MM with the silver link. if i am going to sport a watch it gots to look nice. the sport model looks very cheap and the edition is way out of my price range.

my plan is keep the watch in great condition and sell it when the second generation comes out don't think the value will decrease that much

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Good luck with tha boring and useless overnight watch

Thanks, may be I change my mind, but I don't see even a small reason to buy Apple iWatch. For me it is a useless peace of electronics. It doesn't work without iPhone, it takes 1 second too pull an iPhone with a bigger screen.

Voragon

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
1. 38 mm Classic black leather buckle. Delivery 4,24 - 5.8
2. 42 mm Space Gray Sport. Delivery June .

Milanese and white sport bands for 38mm.

Tried all on at Apple Store. Thought they felt great and look good. :D

vanitalo

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2015
I would have liked to have bought the 42mm Stainless Steel Space Black :apple:Watch, but it costs $1,629 AUD which is crazy for something that will be superseded within a year or two... so I will be buying the Space Grey :apple:Watch Sport with the black band instead for $579 AUD.

I think Apple has overpriced the :apple:Watch in general... hopefully the next generation Sport will be at least $200 AUD cheaper and the steel versions will be below $1,000 AUD... I can justify upgrading an iPhone every year or two, but not a watch at these prices!

I think they should have charged the rich and shameless $50,000 for the :apple:Watch Edition though :p

Davidchicago

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2015
Chicago area
1 SS for me- 1 Sport Space Black for a nephew

Went to the Apple store appointment, which was eye-opening- and to me it appeared that they sapphire crystal had a slightly crisper view that the sport model so I paid the premium at the bay and the seller has now changed the shipping address directly to me so hoping it comes 4/24. Sport model for nephew is promised in June. Beautiful device!

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
Ordered 42mm sport in silver with a white strap, £339 is more than enough on the first generation. I'll probably end up getting a few 3rd party straps.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
I ordered the 42mm space grey sport with black bracelet. Yesterday I went to an Apple store and was able to try one on. The band is JUST big enough for my wrist but overall I found that the watch was much lighter, thinner and smaller than I expected but very comfortable on the wrist.

I did not try on a 38mm model but glad I chose 42. Wondered to myself when the Watch Plus will follow because they could easily go larger.

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2002
I pre-ordered the Apple Watch 42mm Stainless Steel case with Black Sport Band. Delivery in June.

I'm an avid runner and user of the Nike Running app on my iPhone 6, and a trial lawyer who wears business suits every day. Not sure yet if I'll use the watch all the time, only during my runs, only at work, or only on weekends/casual days.

My current daily dress watch is a vintage silver Tag Heurer.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I ordered the space black Sport model with black sport band at 5:01am on April 10th and my delivery estimate was ALREADY June. I chatted with Apple support a few hours later and they said I shouldn't cancel and order one with sooner delivery estimates as I would lose my place in line. To me this implies delivery estimates will begin to improve after 4/24. I really wanted the space grey SS model with black link bracelet but I couldn't convince myself to spend $1200 on a watch right now.

OoOOOOOOoooOOOO

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
as soon as the app store was up, i ordered the sport space grey/black and got a 4/24 delivery date. but upon checking out with apple pay, i noticed my credit card exp date hadn't been updated, so i quickly changed it and during that minutes time, my delivery changed to mid-May. arrrggghh!! chomping at the bit for me watch!

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
I pre-ordered the 42mm Space Grey sport edition. Simply because it was the cheapest. I didn't want to spend a ton of cash on a first generation model. I have to admit after trying it on in the Apple store last night, I'm not thrilled about the band :(

Got the same one, unlike you, I really, really like the band, so soft and comfortable.

gecko20

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Esch Alzette / Luxembourg
I can't wait

I ordered the black stainless steel version with the black link in 42 mm :) Estimated delivery in june (i ordered april 10th at 3:10 am)
Las weekend I was at Paris for the marathon so I could test all versions in the apple store ^^ I can't wait to have mine :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    697.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

skyehigh

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2011
Pointless

Absolutely pointless gadget . I love my Apple gear but this one is a waste of time and money. When it starts to operate on its own without being connected to an iPhone then its a clever useable gadget.
It would be great if it worked by itself and you could leave your phone at home at certain times .
They will still sell millions but right now its not for me.

Pupi

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2015
Absolutely pointless gadget . I love my Apple gear but this one is a waste of time and money. When it starts to operate on its own without being connected to an iPhone then its a clever useable gadget.
It would be great if it worked by itself and you could leave your phone at home at certain times .
They will still sell millions but right now its not for me.

You're in luck, it already does that :cool:

RedSpeedRacerXX

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2012
I pre-ordered the 38mm SS with Milanese loop. Tried it on in store and looks awesome. :cool:
When I have more cash, I will get the black sport band. Though hopefully some 3rd party vendors will get some bands out soon.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
Dunno what watch you are buying , the one Apple sells is useless if your iphone aint in your pocket.

Well I think u are misinformed, u can go running with the watch. And track your fitness results at the same time, also listen to your music library via Bluetooth headphones. Now I can Leave my phone in my locker while I working out. If calls are coming in or notifications, I can choose respond via AW. Same goes for when I am out on my Gixxer 1000 or cycling. Don't of to pull off to the side, to see my notifications or miss calls anymore. Also when I am in the garage working, I hate to hold my phone with my greasy hands. So I would have to take my gloves off, to check my phone. Not anymore, there are other areas where AW will benefit me as well.

So u see not because it's useless to u, doesn't mean it's the same out come for others. People live defferent life styles, It's all good at the end of the day.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Well I think u are misinformed, u can go running with the watch. And track your fitness results at the same time, also listen to your music library via Bluetooth headphones. Now I can Leave my phone in my locker while I working out. If calls are coming in or notifications, I can choose respond via AW. Same goes for when I am out on my Gixxer 1000 or cycling. Don't of to pull off to the side, to see my notifications or miss calls anymore. Also when I am in the garage working, I hate to hold my phone with my greasy hands. So I would have to take my gloves off, to check my phone. Not anymore, there are other areas where AW will benefit me as well.

So u see not because it's useless to u, doesn't mean it's the same out come for others. People live defferent life styles, It's all good at the end of the day.

Yes, but his point was that you still need to have it nearby or in your pocket. You couldn't leave your phone at your house and go for a bike ride and get calls/notifications on your watch. It would still need to be with you on your bike ride.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
pointless?

Absolutely pointless gadget...

Some people seem to just want a phone attached to their wrist, which I do not think is what apple is going for. If that is what you want, then fair enough, but that doesn't make what the watch is, just a "pointless gadget". It is intended to optimize and enhance the experience of the iPhone, as an accessory, and it certainly appears up to that task.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.