Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just looked at Flossy's latest case video and he states "Real Carbon Fiber" on the UAG Monarch case :oops:
He must be smoking the good stuff ! I've had plenty Carbon Fiber Monarch cases from past phones and IMO that carbon is nothing more than a cheap sticker. Even their Top Grain Leather is fake crap.

If I'm wrong, please let me know.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Just looked at Flossy's latest case video and he states "Real Carbon Fiber" on the UAG Monarch case :oops:
He must be smoking the good stuff ! I've had plenty Carbon Fiber Monarch cases from past phones and IMO that carbon is nothing more than a cheap sticker. Even their Top Grain Leather is fake crap.

If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Monarch prices aren’t fake though

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Is the Monarch leather real or not?
Here are a couple pictures that someone posted on the forums after tearing their Monarch open to check the leather. What you think, real or fake?
20190907_011332.jpg
20190907_011336.jpg

Neko72

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
Its hard to recommend one all around good case. They all have their issues so there’s going to be sacrifice from case to case. While one has good grip may lack responsive buttons or may lack in protection. One may have good protection, but lack grip. One may have both, but it’s to bulky. For myself the best all around case is the black otterbox symmetry with a pop socket. Not the symmetry with a built in pop socket. It’s a thin sleek design that will protect your phone from just about any drop and has awesome buttons. The pop socket adds that security of an improved grip. But, that can be said for any case really. If you like a thicker case you can use a rhinoshield with a pop socket or for a thinner case the sheath. I think that’s the reason why we try so many different cases because we each have not found the case that works best for us as an individual. Lol I hope that makes sense. It’s early here and I’m just getting my day started.

Would you choose OB symmetry over Mous Contour? I wonder why Mous has become so popular lately! Never heard about them before iPhone 11!

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Would you choose OB symmetry over Mous Contour? I wonder why Mous has become so popular lately! Never heard about them before iPhone 11!
I definitely would. Mous’ case has been well thought out and is a great design, but their materials and craftsmanship is in the toilet along with their quality control. Their customer service is also subpar when asking for a cancellation or price adjustment.

Edit: I forgot to touch on otterbox’s customer support along with their solid quality products. If you didn’t get a chance to see my reply on the previous page on how I mangled the belt clip/holster for my defender pro here’s a follow up.

I sent otterbox an email about how I MYSELF damaged the belt clip and asking if they sold the belt clip separately. I would gladly pay for a replacement since this was my fault. Otterbox without hesitation replaced the entire defender pro case and belt clip without even questioning what happened. They’ve won my loyalty for sometime to come and I’ll continue rocking their defender pro case.

Last edited:

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Do magnets in your case like the Mous or Evutec bother anyone or just me?
I just recall old days where magnets and electronics did not mix very well.

Reactions: nrvous1

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Where's my Dbrand grip case and skins
Ordered a week ago and still no signs of shipping or anything

Reactions: AE14

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I wonder why Mous has become so popular lately! Never heard about them before iPhone 11!

Advertising, all over instagram, youtube etc
[automerge]1575926499[/automerge]
As an aside. Heard from caudabe, who refunded my shipping charge. Said not much else they can do, but to let them know if I don’t receive it.
It currently was shipped 12/2 from Cincinnati and left Philadelphia at 5:15am yesterday. No other updates and I live 40 minutes from philly. Just poor across the board imo.

Last case i ordered from Caudabe took 3 weeks to Australia, i have bought from Amazon US and delivery is around 5 days.
I don't buy cases direct from OS anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: AE14 and nrvous1

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Do magnets in your case like the Mous or Evutec bother anyone or just me?
I just recall old days where magnets and electronics did not mix very well.

I used the evutec on my XR for months and no problem, their vent holder is garbage, had to glue the clip to the back to get it to stay on and then i broke one of blades in my wife's Suzuki vent trying to get it to fit lol.

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Just got a Caudabe sheath and wow what a nice case. I don’t know why I didn’t get one earlier. I came from an Apple Clear case that I’ve swapped three times because taking it out will crack the case and the Caudabe is the perfect size. Not too big but also seems like it will stand up to minor falls.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.