Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Why are you buying Ipad Pro?

• Total voters

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
I'm watching Aladdin, one of my favourite movies of all-time on my Air 2.

It reminded me why I rarely use it or watch videos, I hate the speaker placement. My Air is "upside down" while I'm typing this.

I love the new MultiWindow but if I can sell it this is one of the reasons I would get the Pro, stereo speakers.

Reactions: daniel1948

o2cmefly

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2015
Harrisonburg, VA
I'm upgrading from an iPad mini, sort of. I've had a MacBook Pro for years. I had an iPad 1, sold that to get an iPad 3 retina, then sold that to get an iPad mini. Got the mini because of it's smaller footprint as I wanted to use it for work (aviation) specifically with the Foreflight Mobile app.

My company just issued us iPad mini retinas for each aircraft in our fleet, so now mine is relegated to personal/office use. I want the Pro to take to work for some of the weather apps I use and web surfing, FB, time-killing while waiting for a flight. At home, I dock my MacBook Pro, so the iPad Pro will become the living room media companion/Airplay device.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
so the iPad Pro will become the living room media companion/Airplay device.

I think this is a very good point, a lot of people will end up using the iPad Pro as a living room media companion device, the screen size would be great. I think the iPad Pro will be used for many different things, one of them being living room companion and also work. Developers I'm sure are working on apps that take use of the iPad Pro's screen size and power, some of them will be available from day one others will take time, personally I believe the iPad Pro has a much better future than what's offered by the competition at the moment.

AppleMan2015

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2015
hi guys. Quick survey.

Why are you buying an ipad pro? Not what are you using it for, but why purchase?

It'll be Apples's flagship tablet for a while, and numerous people will be buying for numerous reasons. What's yours?

Personally, i'm upgrading from ipad2, and i'm a pro graphics designer, so for me its the right choice at the right time. Yes, it's 1st gen, but these days a 1st gen like this is still an awesome beast.
The performance looks like it will be killer and the iPad pro is itself an awesome design but that's it for me.

daniel1948

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2015
Spokane, WA
... the iPad Pro will become the living room media companion/Airplay device.

"Living room media companion" is a very good way to put it! I'll just modify that to "living room and bedroom media companion." I have a projector for DVDs and BDs in the computer room. But the comfy chair is in the living room, and I read in bed before going to sleep, and sometimes I watch streaming video on the iPad. The Pro will be an improvement over the Air due to its size.

This is still dependent on its heft and how it feels. It's expensive, so I'll look at it and heft it in the store, and see if content really looks nicer on its screen before I decide.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I kind of had a eureka moment today regarding the iPad Pro, via the use of my iPad Air 2. I know this may seem like a small thing, but while watching an iTunes video I needed to respond to a text, and then an e-mail. I made the video screen small and was able to respond, while watching the video. I also discovered not only could I move the screen, I could resize it. It occurred to me that on the larger screen of the iPad Pro this feature would be even more useful.

I know this seems like a little thing. I do use a 15" Macbook Pro late 2008, and own a 12" Macbook that can easily accomplish the same. But at that moment, while munching on a Planet Sub sandwich, the utility of the iPad and the utility of iOS9 became clear. How great this will be on the larger screen of the iPad Pro.

This has happened to me in the past with other Apple products. I was happy to experience it again. Kind of like make a free throw into the waste paper basket from across the room ;) Slam dunk Apple!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.