Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Never. I will be holding on to my 13 Mini as long as it will last, unless Apple decides to make something smaller than the current 14 or 14 Pro.

Reactions: SB1500

Shhhh

Suspended
Jun 10, 2023
Yes. And if a bigger screen comes out this year, I'm getting that one too, even though I have tiny hands. I recently went back to my smaller iPhone (I always keep a backup) to see if I'd miss the big screen and I didn't even last a day. I never thought I'd like giant phone screens, but here we are.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
I’m a big guy with big hands, so I prefer the Pro Max Size. But as large as the screen is, i don’t consider it an iPad replacement. I also have an iPad mini & an iPad Pro. I use the iPad Pro at home as a laptop replacement & the iPad mini as a travel digital sketchbook & to edit photos & videos on…but also to consume media on & write emails when traveling. As big as the iPhone is, iPads are just more enjoyable to do all that stuff on. Perhaps when a foldable iphone comes out it might be considered an iPad replacement… but i don’t think that’ll happen for awhile.

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
I will forever by the Pro Max iPhones!

Large hands is probably the biggest factor as everything else is small. I can comfortable hold my 14 Pro Max in 1 hand and use it!

Plus i don't think i will ever be able to give up the big screen!

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’m a big guy with big hands, so I prefer the Pro Max Size. But as large as the screen is, i don’t consider it an iPad replacement. I also have an iPad mini & an iPad Pro. I use the iPad Pro at home as a laptop replacement & the iPad mini as a travel digital sketchbook & to edit photos & videos on…but also to consume media on & write emails when traveling. As big as the iPhone is, iPads are just more enjoyable to do all that stuff on. Perhaps when a foldable iphone comes out it might be considered an iPad replacement… but i don’t think that’ll happen for awhile.
My 14 Pro Max is not big enough to even consider it to be a iPad replacement. There’s not enough screen territory. I stopped reading my kindle books on my 14 Pro Max, and read them on my Mini 6, which has been awesome. I will be buying the 16 Pro Max, especially as there’s a rumor that the screen size will increase.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
My 14 Pro Max is not big enough to even consider it to be a iPad replacement. There’s not enough screen territory. I stopped reading my kindle books on my 14 Pro Max, and read them on my Mini 6, which has been awesome. I will be buying the 16 Pro Max, especially as there’s a rumor that the screen size will increase.
See you in the 15 pro max shipping and delivery updates thread soon👍

Chidoro

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2016
Yes. I will always go with their largest offering. It's the best experience regardless of the task and, by far, their best battery. They also age the best because of these reasons.

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
For me, almost certainly at least the Pro line of models. Would I go Pro Max? I'm torn. I don't like the size (too big), but I definitely do like the better cameras in comparison to the Pro line.

LacrosseChic

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2022
I am skipping the 15 and waiting on the 16. Since the pro max are rumored to be 6.3 and 6.9 I may consider the regular pro but it depends on the battery life! I really enjoy my 14 pro max

Reactions: msackey and SB1500

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2012
Not sure if I will upgrade this year. In 2025 will either go with the smaller Pro Model (which will be in between the two current pro models in size) or the regular Plus.

hirsthirst

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
UK
I'm alternating & can't settle - when I have one, I still have part of me thinking about the other;

6 > 7+ > X > 11PM > 12P > 13PM > 14P ...

I think I'm happy with the smaller one overall now, I'm never that far from a bigger screen & don't use it for size-dependent things so much anymore now I work from home a lot more - mainly texting / WhatsApp / reading email / train timetable apps / light camera & minor photo edits.

As I'm not using it intensively (and have weaned-off most social media at last) battery life is less of a differentiator.

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
I am skipping the 15 and waiting on the 16. Since the pro max are rumored to be 6.3 and 6.9 I may consider the regular pro but it depends on the battery life! I really enjoy my 14 pro max
I wish the iterations of improving camera, especially optical zoom, were made sooner! Really, really would like better optical zoom in.

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
I'm alternating & can't settle - when I have one, I still have part of me thinking about the other;

6 > 7+ > X > 11PM > 12P > 13PM > 14P ...

I think I'm happy with the smaller one overall now, I'm never that far from a bigger screen & don't use it for size-dependent things so much anymore now I work from home a lot more - mainly texting / WhatsApp / reading email / train timetable apps / light camera & minor photo edits.

As I'm not using it intensively (and have weaned-off most social media at last) battery life is less of a differentiator.
So what is it that makes you waffle between the Pro vs. Pro Max lines?

I love the smaller size of the Pro. Size-wise, it's perfect for me. But it's the camera that I like of the Pro Max line and I sure could use even better camera, especially optical zoom in.

Reactions: hirsthirst

MacLappy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
I am currently using a iPhone 13 Pro Max(Oct 2021) which I am really happy with. Has been an absolute work horse with it’s amazing battery life, wonderful performance and overall reliability.

My hands are pretty big so I can to a large extent use my iPhone single handedly, although I do type faster with both hands.

I do have a 16” Macbook Pro and a iPad Pro 12.9”, but only carry my iPhone around whenever I am out and about, even when travelling overseas.
It is good enough that it can work as my only computing device in a pinch.

So yes, if and when the need arises, I would likely upgrade to a Pro Max or larger iPhone.

nightcap965

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Cape Cod
Yes. My eyes aren’t getting any younger. I don’t know if I’ll upgrade my 13 Pro Max this year or next, but it will be another Pro Max Ultra Excess or whatever Apple’s crack marketing team calls it.

Reactions: Chidoro

aok75

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2021
Yep. My 13 pro is still going strong at 80 percent battery health. I’ll try and get Apple to replace the battery before the warranty runs out in September and then get another year out of it.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

biracialfamily91

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2015
Queens, NY
To be honest with you, I know I am in the minority on this but I'm finding my 12 Pro Max to be a bit small. I'm all but ready for that 16 Pro Max. I have been using phablet size phones for 11 years now since the Galaxy Note 2 in 2012 then switched to Apple when the iPhone 6 Plus came out. I can't ever see myself downsizing.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
To be honest with you, I know I am in the minority on this but I'm finding my 12 Pro Max to be a bit small. I'm all but ready for that 16 Pro Max. I have been using phablet size phones for 11 years now since the Galaxy Note 2 in 2012 then switched to Apple when the iPhone 6 Plus came out. I can't ever see myself downsizing.
You’re not by yourself. I have both the 12 and 14 Pro Max, and wish both devices were bigger than 6.7. They are still too small for me and this is coming from someone who own a iPad Mini 6.

• Love
Reactions: biracialfamily91

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Yep, will definitely continue getting Pro Max. Loving my 13 PM and I may possibly get the 15 PM if not then definitely the 16 PM.

I would love to see the weight go down a bit but I also would love to see the screen stretched a little further to around 6.9inch.
If they cannot drop the weight then at least they can get the screen a little bigger to spread the weight over a larger surface.

Furman

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2015
Greenville, SC
Absolutely. I switched to a Max a couple of years ago. It is easy to hold, fits in my pocket and is much easier to read the screen. I will never switch back to a smaller phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.