Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I am thinking of moving to iPhone 15 Plus. Less weight, similar long battery life, big display, why not?

I’m wanting to go to a larger phone, and I am struggling with pro vs plus. I currently have a 14 pro, but if I went plus, the weight would actually go down a little, while I’d still get the larger display. Of course it wouldn’t go up as much getting the pro max as it would have last year.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
The only reason I even choose a Max was the battery life. But honestly I should have just went with the Plus for ONLY the battery life. Also the weight on the Plus is significant less imo. So yeah I’ll not choose a Max ever again unless it gets the same weight as the current Plus line up.

The pro max this year shows a longer battery life than the plus, but honestly, IDK if that matters enough for me to go pro max over plus. There are some other benefits, none of which probably make a huge difference in how I use the phone, but I don‘t want to regret it either way.

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
May 28, 2023
The pro max this year shows a longer battery life than the plus, but honestly, IDK if that matters enough for me to go pro max over plus. There are some other benefits, none of which probably make a huge difference in how I use the phone, but I don‘t want to regret it either way.
As far as I know they also said according to apple that the 14 Plus had a worse battery life then 14 Max but from what I read and saw on YouTube they are about the same batterywise in real life use

Reactions: ssledoux

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
I’m going with the 15 Pro. It’s gonna be lighter than my current iPhone 13 Pro. Combine that with rounded off edges and smaller width, it’s going to feel amazing in the hand. 6.1” is big enough for me. I like being able to use 1 hand COMFORTABLY. The Max is a 2 hand phone and I find that annoying AF at times. Never mind it feels like a brick in my shorts.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
Definitely. I went big with 6S+ and I’ll never go back. If Pro Max goes bigger I’ll go for that too. This size doesn’t bother me at all, in fact I love it.

Reactions: ssledoux

hirsthirst

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
UK
I wavered, but stuck with the smaller Pro in the end. I've got a 27" screen on my desk for computing, an iPad Mini 6 for casual stuff 'downstairs' in the house & the iPhone is for everything else. Battery life is a non-issue these days & the 5x telephoto I'd use only occasionally doesn't swing the penalty of lugging the extra weight all of the rest of the time.

Looking forward to Friday & hope you're all happy with your choices - if they'd said there's only going to be one model this year then I'd have been okay with any of them in reality.

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
Yes, I did. I love the size, extra functionalities and superb displays. Unless I have to, I will keep choosing pro max despite the weight. Hopefully, Apple can make pro max lighter and lighter ;)

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I preordered my 15PM on Friday, with a delivery date of 9/22. As long as Apple continue selling the Pro Max, I’ll continue to upgrade to them.

Cedo_

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2020
I currently have a 14PM. Love the color, don't love that it's heavy. I'm going with a 15P, smaller size means I can one-hand it easily as well as enjoy a lighter phone with the titanium. I usually alternate between upgrade cycles so if the 16PM is light, I'll reconsider the bigger phone.

Reactions: KO7

5x10

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2018
If it has the best battery, I would go back to it

The 11pro max had a great one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.