Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Being that I love coffee... I was able to snag a four pack of KBS-Espresso. I haven't tried it yet, but I can tell you, the four bottles are not long for this world!!!

I also picked up a variety of flavors and styles of beer which as the weeks go by, I will be posting!

First up:

Vanilla Oak Aged Yeti Stout by Great Divide Brewing. This was in a can, pint size, and boy did it pack a nice kick of vanilla. While it is in the name, the vanilla is the true winner here. If you like vanilla and like stouts, this is one to try! Overall great beer and it was thoroughly enjoyed. I wish I would have picked up a few more cans.

I also had Omegang Brewery's Game of Thrones: My Watch Has Ended Imperial Brown Ale. I have not been a fan of Omgang's other GOT offerings, however this one was different. It was good, not great. If I had to rate this one among the GOT beers, this one would be at the top for me. I would drink this one a few more times. It is strong, but not too strong.

Also had an aged, version of Stone Brewery's - Stone Fraking Wheaton - w00tstout (2015). Freaking Delicious. I am a huge fan of this beer anyways, and have had every year since it was released, but man this one was special. While aging usually tames some of the flavors, this one packed a punch and as it warmed up, boy did they really come out!! If you can track one of these down... grab it with both hands and don't look back!

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Unfortunately I have not been able to drink beer since about 2006, due to health complications. Some wines have been enjoyable, but I am more of a whisky guy. Trying to cut back on the liquor however, I've gone a bit too far recently. Stores are closed for a while, it seems, so good time to do so.

When in control, drinking can be wonderful.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Ardbeg 19 and some cheeses. Had a salted caramel stout by Breakside Brewary after lunch today. I haven't wandered into these types of stouts much but it was delicious after a fat and salty heavy meal. And I do love salted caramel.

We were going to open a bottle or two of Spanish sparkling, especially enhanced with some zest from our citrus trees, but given the current global circumstance feels a bit foolish to enjoy sparkling wine. As sparkling wine usually merits happiness around it. Depressing crap to be quite frank.

Reactions: decafjava

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ardbeg 19 and some cheeses. Had a salted caramel stout by Breakside Brewary after lunch today. I haven't wandered into these types of stouts much but it was delicious after a fat and salty heavy meal. And I do love salted caramel.

We were going to open a bottle or two of Spanish sparkling, especially enhanced with some zest from our citrus trees, but given the current global circumstance feels a bit foolish to enjoy sparkling wine. As sparkling wine usually merits happiness around it. Depressing crap to be quite frank.

Not a fan of sparkling wines, of celebrations or otherwise - give me a white Burgundy, or a good Riesling or a serious Italian red wine, instead.

Now, salted caramel........bliss.

And a salted caramel stout.....that sounds wonderful.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Not a fan of sparkling wines, of celebrations or otherwise - give me a white Burgundy, or a good Riesling or a serious Italian red wine, instead.

Now, salted caramel........bliss.

And a salted caramel stout.....that sounds wonderful.
Speaking of... When will you ship your Riesling collection to me for safe keeping until the end of time itself?

As for the salted caramel stout... It could have been better. Reviews said it was thin, but like most stouts I believe viscosity can be altered a bit based on room temperature. The colder a stout is the more runny it seemed. As a stout in a glass warms up it becomes syrup like.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Speaking of... When will you ship your Riesling collection to me for safe keeping until the end of time itself?

As for the salted caramel stout... It could have been better. Reviews said it was thin, but like most stouts I believe viscosity can be altered a bit based on room temperature. The colder a stout is the more runny it seemed. As a stout in a glass warms up it becomes syrup like.

Yes, I am one of those who is of the opinion that while lager should be served cold, stout - like good red wine, is better served at close to room temperature.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0388631

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Yes, I am one of those who is of the opinion that while late should be served cold, stout - like good red wine, is better served at close to room temperature.
Indeed. I've had maybe a dozen stouts in the last month. Various flavor profiles, some rather pedestrian and some that were incredible, especially in terms of value-to-price. A few unique IPAs and a good amount of various sours from across the range. And some terrible ones, too.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Thank you.

A crate of wine was delivered today; I might investigate its contents.......
While serving my shelter in place term, I just got a case of Tobin James Winery wine that should hold me over for a few weeks:
IMG_5424.jpg

Such a great deal for buying a full case of 12 bottles and FREE shipping.
$11 per bottle!!!

I have been a Tobin James wine fan from the 1980's when Toby was a small one man winery who leased small patches of vineyards from farmers....

Can't drink the supermarket stuff once you have Toby's wines....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.