Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Dude, the X camera sucks. It was a marginal improvement over the iPhone 7. The X to XS was a much bigger improvement. The XS to 11 Pro was night and day. 11 Pro to 12 Pro is probably like 7 to X.
I did upgrade from 7 to X, and you're probably right about the camera. It didn't suck to me but also didn't blow me away. I finally upgraded from X to 12 Pro, and the 12 Pro camera is quite amazing. I just traded the X for a 12 Mini and now using the Mini instead. Equally amazing camera on the 12 Mini, never mind the missing telephoto lens which I rarely use anyway.

In the 3yrs I used the X, I never struggled with it using one handed. The 12 Pro is really just a hair taller, but I find it very cumbersome to use one handed. I'm loving the 12 Mini, and will not go bigger again as long as Apple continues with this form factor. Only bad thing is now I have a $1100 paperweight..

BTW I never thought the X was slow, until I got the 12.

Christopher Kim

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
I moved from the X to the 12 Pro, and have been using my 12 Pro for a little over a month now. I agree that the camera is probably the biggest upgrade in terms of tangible feeling.

My wife still has a X as well, and when she's used my phone's camera (especially video), she's really been impressed with how much better it is. The Dolby Vision HDR video (played on the 12 Pro screen) is really quite something to see in person, coming from the X.

The other thing is, while I haven't noticed the increased size / smaller bezels that much myself, occasionally I'll use my wife's X for something, and then I'll really notice the slightly smaller physical size, and also the slightly larger bezel, of the X.

johnnylarue

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2013
The battery life and the cameras. Those will be the differences you’ll actually feel. Assume everything else to be more or less identical (albeit a bit snappier).

Maloney~888

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2018
The battery life and the cameras. Those will be the differences you’ll actually feel. Assume everything else to be more or less identical (albeit a bit snappier).
Upgraded X to the 12 Pro about 3 weeks ago now. Very happy with the new phone. Yes the phone is slightly larger/heavier and I‘m getting used to that. Loving the speed, camera, extra screen real estate and battery life.

Reactions: johnnylarue

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
ok you guys twisted my arm. just ordered the 12 pro. now the wait is almost a month. the deal seemed like a no brainer.

Reactions: rawCpoppa

johnnylarue

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2013
Upgraded X to the 12 Pro about 3 weeks ago now. Very happy with the new phone. Yes the phone is slightly larger/heavier and I‘m getting used to that. Loving the speed, camera, extra screen real estate and battery life.
I upgraded from a 6S so the upgrade feels pretty substantial—but not just in a good way. Adjusting to the size and weight of this thing took some time. I seriously considered trading down to a Mini, but I’ve grown too attached to the Tele lens at this point and I’m determined to make it work even if it means getting cargo pockets sewn onto all of my pants. ?

Maloney~888

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2018
I upgraded from a 6S so the upgrade feels pretty substantial—but not just in a good way. Adjusting to the size and weight of this thing took some time. I seriously considered trading down to a Mini, but I’ve grown too attached to the Tele lens at this point and I’m determined to make it work even if it means getting cargo pockets sewn onto all of my pants. ?
:D Enjoy! If you move the kitchen bin it takes weeks to get used to not going to the old spot! Muscle memory takes time after having had the old phone mould into your mits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.