Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has been soliciting Vision Pro feedback since the device launched, but this week, the company has picked up on sending out surveys. We've had several reports from Vision Pro customers who have been asked to share their thoughts about the device.

Apple-WWCD23-Vision-Pro-EyeSight-230605.jpg

Apple asks about Vision Pro satisfaction, environment usage, favorite features, what it's being used for, how often it's used, and how long usage sessions last. Apple also asks about guest mode and who else uses the Vision Pro, which is a curious question because it's not at all set up for multi-person usage. Some of the questions:
  • Overall, how satisfied are you with your Vision Pro?
  • What is your favorite feature or aspect of Apple Vision Pro so far?
  • How often do you use your Apple Vision Pro?
  • For how long do you typically wear your Apple Vision Pro before you decide to take it off?
  • Who else uses your Vision Pro?
  • Before taking the survey, did you know that you can let others use your Apple Vision Pro with the Guest User feature?
  • Which of these activities do you do regularly on your Vision Pro? (with a long list of options)
  • What types of video content are you most interested in watching on Apple Vision Pro?
  • When using your Apple Vision Pro, how often are you immersed in an Environment?
  • Whenever you're using apps on Apple Vision Pro, how often do you multitask?
  • Have you set up your Persona to use in FaceTime?
  • How satisfied are you with how your Persona looks on Apple Vision Pro?
  • Where is your Apple Vision Pro used most?
  • Which of these accessories do you use with your Apple Vision Pro? (with a list that includes mice, cases, AirPods Pro, and more).
  • What head band do you use most often with your Apple Vision Pro?
  • How often do you use your Apple Vision Pro while the battery is connected to a power source?
The survey is long and in-depth, and also goes into the other devices that each respondent owns.

The uptick in Vision Pro survey distribution comes as there have been reports about waning interest in the headset. Over the weekend, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman said that customers aren't as curious about the Vision Pro, with demand for demos in retail stores "way down." At some locations, demos and sales have dropped from a "couple of units a day to just a handful in a whole week."

Vision Pro headset owners have also reported a decrease in usage, picking it up just once or twice a week rather than on a daily basis.

Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said on Tuesday that Apple is dropping the number of Apple Vision Pro units that it plans to ship, and he said it is a sign that demand in the U.S. has "fallen sharply beyond expectations."

Kuo believes that Apple needs to address the lack of key applications, price, and comfort without impacting user experience in order for the Vision Pro to ultimately see success in the future.

Article Link: Apple Asks Customers for Vision Pro Feedback

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
So they’re doing feedback collection for some slides at WWDC and marketing research….

They did this after the launch of the watch. This is what they do after a gen 1 launch.

There is no story here.

Last edited:

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
I would love it if they would send me a survey. I think where we are right now is where it should’ve been when it launched and there are so many things that are missing from it. I have high hopes for WWDC. if there aren’t any major introductions WWDC, I’m not sure how much longer I’ll keep mine I think they are used once or twice a week at most

• Haha
Reactions: Victor Mortimer

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Interesting that the elephant in the room is completely ignored in this survey:

• Does the Vision Pro give you eyestrain or headaches or dizziness or nausea?
How is that the elephant in the room? A certain percentage of people are more susceptible to these effects than others.

There are people that can’t use certain screens because of PWM as well, plenty of threads on it here, is that an elephant in the room for the iPhone?

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
I don't want macOS on Vision Pro, but I need functionality on par with it. The fact I can't code apps on it that's tuned for visionOS makes it unmatchable as an actual computer for me.

Having it be based off iOS makes it mediocre. Hopefully it starts to diverge from it fast. People justify it by saying its first gen, but WE STILL DON'T EVEN HAVE MULTIPLE AUDIO STREAMS ON IOS, LET ALONE IPADOS THAT HAS MULTI LAYERING OF WINDOWS.

digidude

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
It’s the PRICE, Apple. $3500 is a lot for people who aren’t rich. Since a bunch of millionaires designed it, perhaps you are not aware of this.

I bought one and returned it. It’s definitely innovative and fun, but there was no real “killer app” to speak of. If the device ran MacOs, I might consider it as a monitor and computer replacement.

I would love to rent one for when I go to Europe this Fall…the 3D video is perfect for travel.

I get it - this cost a LOT to develop. Most people just don’t understand how incredibly brave this was to make. Only Apple would do this, and I love you for it. Truly. I can’t wait for the $1500 or $2000 one (with AppleCare of course). And we need more apps…a killer one.

H.E. Pennypacker

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2017
NYC
Here’s some feedback Apple, we are in a recession, most people don’t have disposable income to buy groceries or gas much less to spend $4k on a VR headset. Make a much less expensive mainstream version or deal with the 1% of consumers who would buy this and .0001% of the 1% who don’t realize after they bought it that it’s a giant waste of money.

Canyonero

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
Here’s some feedback Apple, we are in a recession, most people don’t have disposable income to buy groceries or gas much less to spend $4k on a VR headset. Make a much less expensive mainstream version or deal with the 1% of consumers who would buy this and .0001% of the 1% who don’t realize after they bought it that it’s a giant waste of money.
Hmm, it’s almost like they had limited production quantity and did calculations that at $3,500 they’ll sell most of it to recoup as much of R&D as possible and then lower price in Gen 2…like pretty much every new product? Oh no, it’s greedy Tim, he thought everyone has an extra $3,500!

npmacuser5

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
First off the US is not in a recession. No financial indicator says recession. The opposite the reality. Secondly, not every product developed for everyone. I paid almost 7k in today’s dollars for the original Mac. Was it a good expense. A very good expense in all aspects. I could argue every car today, few if any could afford them. The ones buying the VR headsets are not those with no disposable income or business needs. The good news, pricing in most cases will come down as the product develops.

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
A magic headpiece from Apple would have been immersive AR no larger and not much different than a normal pair of glasses.

We have one at our home office that I visited this week and didn't care to pick it up. Boring. Big. And feedback from others using it sounded less-than-ideal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.