Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paradox00

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2009
So they’re doing feedback collection for some slides at WWDC and marketing research….

They did this after the launch of the watch. This is what they do after a gen 1 launch.

There is no story here.
You mean the thing that they re-numbered so that the first one didn't count? Yeah, I could see them doing that with the Vision Pro...

Aside: I owned and loved the "series 0", but Apple had no clue what market they should have been targeting or what features to prioritize.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
So they’re doing feedback collection for some slides at WWDC and marketing research….

They did this after the launch of the watch. This is what they do after a gen 1 launch.

There is no story here.

The story is that this survey of the AVP and users' other Apple products is directly on the heel of AVP production being nearly halved. No small event.

If that isn't a story or a detail in a bigger story, don't know what you are perceiving.

fontman

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
Costa mesa
I would have to say that it's Apple's biggest failure these things are problematic they're expensive and they cause people to have issues with dizziness balance etc. and therefore very small part of a market maybe young kids but I have not yet seen any good uses for these things other than people that don't have function of their body.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
They didn’t need to send such surveys when Jobs was around.
They should have. There have been a number of products that weren't worth the money.

Vision Pro, being the first of its Apple-kind, is expensive. Hopefully, there will be more economical models, but they certainly needed to launch with a game or productivity or creative application that would cause people to sell their organs to buy it. They didn't.

citysnaps

macrumors G5
Oct 10, 2011
Holy smokes! Apple introduces a brand new product in a new product category for the company. And then, a few months later, has the audacity to send a survey to get feedback and opinions from people who purchased the device!

Earth shaking! I'm sure that's never happened before from any company. And why so many here are getting a major case of the shakes as a result.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Failure to interview *previous* owners who returned their AVPs is a rookie survey research methodology mistake. Even if you’re just using the survey results for qualitative analysis (and I’ll bet you my right arm they aren’t), it’s still an egregious oversight that leads to both selection bias and more confirmation bias.

Just goes to show that even a multi-billion dollar company can sometimes whiff at the basics.

Mundy

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2006
I keep seeing the argument that Apple priced it wrong, but I don’t think I would buy a Vision Pro in its current incarnation at any price.

Maybe I’m not the typical target customer, but AVP doesn’t do anything I need better than anything I already have.

I say this as the owner of multiple MacBook Pros, iPads, iPhones, Watches, HomePods, and Mac Pro 7,1, so I’m no Apple hater. But products need to justify their existence in my life. The Vision Pro, while neat and interesting, does not meet the bar.

purplerainpurplerain

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2022
Let Google, Facebook and Microsoft keep making their flagship products worse and worse and worse making money from terrible low quality ads by scammers. They all probably lie about their revenues anyway.

Focus on core product quality.

I need a Mac Pro to have a modular logic board so that we can upgrade the Apple Silicon package every time there is a significant spec bump. That new logic board and Apple Silicon component should be available as a separate purchase instead of buying a whole new case again. If the ports also get a spec bump then we can upgrade a whole system.

citysnaps

macrumors G5
Oct 10, 2011
Failure to interview *previous* owners who returned their AVPs is a rookie survey research methodology mistake. Even if you’re just using the survey results for qualitative analysis (and I’ll bet you my right arm they aren’t), it’s still an egregious oversight that leads to both selection bias and more confirmation bias.

Just goes to show that even a multi-billion dollar company can sometimes whiff at the basics.

Failure to interview previous owners who returned AVPs?

Can you post a link to that story?

SoldOnApple

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2011
They didn’t need to send such surveys when Jobs was around.
"It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them." - Steve Jobs

But for such a new and cutting edge product that literally alters your reality, doing surveys is probably a good idea. Everyone is assuming this is going to be the future of tech one day so they should want to know as much as possible about how people are experiencing it.

AndiG

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2008
Germany
I saw a bunch of people post they got this! Still waiting for mine. One of the most magical first gen Apple products I've ever owned, though. ONLY just the beginning.
Either you are „Still waiting for mine.“ or it is „One of the most magical first gen Apple products I've ever owned“.

Is this a bot generated message since it doesn‘t make any sense to me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.