Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H. Flower

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Until this tech gets to a point it's just like wearing glasses the practicality is just a deal breaker for me.
I think that’s the threshold for most people, including myself.

I would need this to weigh as much as glasses, be stylish but still non assuming. I also really don’t want to experience my life through a video camera; I would need digital images laid over or projected onto the glass surface. And the default mode would need to be as non intrusive as possible - it should get out of the way and augment only when I want or need it to.

I’m no expert on the tech but it feels like we’re really far away from that capability - 15 , 20 years, if not more? The battery requirement alone sounds impossible for awhile.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
As cool as some of the tech is. And I’m sure there are niche use-cases where it can really excel. But I’m not sure the World is ready, and I’m not sure it ever will be, for consumer level VR headsets for everyday computing and consumption beyond gaming. Society is too self-conscious and it’s also too isolating.

hagar

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
Here’s some feedback Apple, we are in a recession, most people don’t have disposable income to buy groceries or gas much less to spend $4k on a VR headset. Make a much less expensive mainstream version or deal with the 1% of consumers who would buy this and .0001% of the 1% who don’t realize after they bought it that it’s a giant waste of money.
It’s definitely too expensive for mainstream. But the US is not in a recession. At all. GDP is up, unemployment is way down, inflation is down. Seems like the perception about the state of the economy is way off.

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2012
My Feedback is -
1. Get rid of Tim Apple
2. Bring back Jony Ive
3. Make Craig CEO
4. Revive Apple Car project
5. Dump iPhone/iPad Fold projects
6. Dump or delay Vision Pro till it can reach a sub 1k price point
7. Bring back iPhone Mini
8. Dump iPad Air
9. Execute EU specific App Store rules all over the world
10. Give iPhone/iPhone Plus the third camera

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Until this tech gets to a point it's just like wearing glasses the practicality is just a deal breaker for me. The early adopters can help get it there I guess. But I personally don't see myself desiring this thing at all. Especially at that price point.

Are you using it for Professional purposes or just casual content consumption?

There's a reason that they called it the Vision "Pro". It's not intended to be a casual consumer device. Future generations will get there, though.

• Haha
Reactions: Victor Mortimer

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
My Feedback is -
1. Get rid of Tim Apple
2. Bring back Jony Ive
3. Make Craig CEO
8. Dump iPad Air

You claim to be a UI/UX designer in your signature. Thanks for the warning. I disagree with much of your feedback. A couple of borderline-good points in there, such as #7 and #8.

rxp

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2018
If they want to run focus groups they should actually compensate people for their feedback and driving their product forward.

My single use case for the headset is movies. At £3.5k it's just too expensive. I buy projectors and TV's for more, my JVC x9000 is a £10k class projector but many people can watch it. £3.5k each is ridiculous.

Reactions: haydn! and arkitect

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Would like to see Apple release a cheaper Vision as soon as possible and also expand its availability to all the regions.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Here’s some feedback Apple, we are in a recession, most people don’t have disposable income to buy groceries or gas much less to spend $4k on a VR headset. Make a much less expensive mainstream version or deal with the 1% of consumers who would buy this and .0001% of the 1% who don’t realize after they bought it that it’s a giant waste of money.

It's called the Vision Pro to give the technology a chance to mature. They aren't charging $3500 for the fun of it. It's literally ground-breaking tech that needs space to exist and has mass.

It's not for consumers, hence the "Pro" suffix.

You're reviewing the product through the wrong lens. Pun intended.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If they want to run focus groups they should actually compensate people for their feedback and driving their product forward.

My single use case for the headset is movies. At £3.5k it's just too expensive. I buy projectors and TV's for more, my JVC x9000 is a £10k class projector but many people can watch it. £3.5k each is ridiculous.

It's labeled with "Pro" for a reason ... not intended for the average consumer. Not ridiculous.

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
My Feedback is -
1. Get rid of Tim Apple
2. Bring back Jony Ive
3. Make Craig CEO
8. Dump iPad Air
1 Without TIm, apple will fall in shareholders eyes=> Apple will underdeliver
2 Jony Ive without Steve made the worse possible devices, like butterfly keyboard and hot hot macbooks with Intel, with worse iphones battery life
3 Craig is better where he is, wee need him there
4 Apple car revive, maybe it wasnt even a thing in the first place
5 Agree if its true
6 It needs QA and the customers its the best QA so no
7 Agree
8 Agree but only if they made the entry level better
9 Maybe, because that will place EU as a powerhouse on everything, and EU should not have the monopoly over the world
10 Agree

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2021
They really have no clue. Macrumors members already gave amazing feedback way when it was officially released.

Darth Tulhu

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2019
All I wanna say is: Folks that have the VP, answer the survey truthfully and in detail.

You'll be making this device better in the future.

I know we all hope for a "sunglasses" device, but I'd be happy if it went down from scuba mask to one-piece-swim-goggles in size and weight.

And of course, lower cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.