Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

citysnaps

macrumors G5
Oct 10, 2011
They really have no clue. Macrumors members already gave amazing feedback way when it was officially released.

But that so-called "amazing feedback" was always lathered with sky is falling race-to-the-bottom juvenile burns from people not familiar with AVP and AR. Why in the world would Apple take that kind of feedback seriously?

Much better to reach out to customers who have actually purchased an AVP and have had a month or so of time *using* it.

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
Interesting that the elephant in the room is completely ignored in this survey:

• Does the Vision Pro give you eyestrain or headaches or dizziness or nausea?
Does the Apple Watch burn your skin? Does the iPhone’s RF cause dementia and give you cancer? Does WiFi make you sick? All of those claims and more are on the Apple user forums.

Of course there will always a subset of users who have issues with something. Verifying the cause is another thing altogether.

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
But that so-called "amazing feedback" was always lathered with sky is falling race-to-the-bottom juvenile burns from people not familiar with AVP and AR. Why in the world would Apple take that kind of feedback seriously?

Much better to reach out to customers who have actually purchased an AVP and have had a month or so of time *using* it.
Amen, brother, and Amen again. Even Amazon only allows reviews by people who are verified purchasers of the product. “I bought it and sent it right back” doesn’t count. Can you imagine what surveys and reviews would look like if the hater crowd were included.

Mr_Ed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2004
North and east of Mickeyland
Amen, brother, and Amen again. Even Amazon only allows reviews by people who are verified purchasers of the product. “I bought it and sent it right back” doesn’t count. Can you imagine what surveys and reviews would look like if the hater crowd were included.
From what I’ve seen, Amazon allows reviews from non-purchasers but verified purchasers have have a tag showing that is the case. But that doesn’t detract from the point you are trying to make.

I just think there is a difference between “user reviews” and a vendor-initiated survey, which usually is intended to adjust overall direction, identify areas for improvement, and areas that don’t need improvement. Along those lines, I would expect to see some questions along the lines of:
  • How likely are you to recommend the AVP to a friend or relative in the future (1-10)
to compare against internal market research used to green light the product. Maybe those questions are there, just not in the list published by MR?

It also would not be out of line to survey users that returned the AVP to identify areas for improvement, though it probably would be a different set of questions.

Reactions: Jumpthesnark

=Alb=

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2008
They probably want to know why they've stopped using it. Probably for the same reason I stopped using my Meta Quest: It's uncomfortable to wear. Once you get over the hype, it's not that useful.
Of course it's not. It's technology for technology sake. They made it because they could not for solving or simplifying some necessity.

Reactions: Victor Mortimer

Jumpthesnark

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2022
California
Here’s some feedback Apple, we are in a recession

The U.S. is not in a recession, check the facts.

Can't Apple's own analytics data answer most of these questions?

I considered the same, and figured that Apple's commitment to user privacy prevents them from knowing the answers to many of those questions. I'm sure they know how often a given number of the devices are activated, what time of day they tend to be used, etc., but it's probably anonymized and aggregated. And if the unit is shared, that would confuse data.

A survey allows Apple to put lots of different user metrics together and have a better understanding of how and why each responding individual is using (or not using) the device.

Lots of people here in the forums have said that the AVP is essentially a beta device. Seen in that light, these surveys can be useful in building the v 2.0, if there is going to be one.

npmacuser5

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
People spend nonsense money all the time. Americans hold over a trillion dollars in credit card debt. Some have disposable income, some do not.

Clarify, Apple’s marketing not focused on the no disposable income folks for many of their products.You are correct, Americans are not the sharpest knives in the drawer when it comes to finances.

• Angry

raindogg

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2015
Brooklyn NY
The problem with VR/AR is it's only useful for niche activities. It's never going to be the iPod/iPhone killer. The reason the iPhone was such a hit was because it's basically the continuation of the iPod. Personal portable music has been a hit since the Sony walkman came out in 1979.

currentinterest

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
I use my AVP daily, often 5 hours or more. I bought it day one. I had to travel without it recently and decided to leave it at home. Found I really missed it. This is one of the best devices I have ever used. It is worth every penny. I have owned (almost every) Apple products since the Apple II. I currently own an M2 iPad Pro and an M1 MacBook Pro. The AVP has become my go to device. I love discovering its new capabilities daily. I hope I receive the survey.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012

Apple has been soliciting Vision Pro feedback since the device launched, but this week, the company has picked up on sending out surveys. We've had several reports from Vision Pro customers who have been asked to share their thoughts about the device.

Apple-WWCD23-Vision-Pro-EyeSight-230605.jpg

Apple asks about Vision Pro satisfaction, environment usage, favorite features, what it's being used for, how often it's used, and how long usage sessions last. Apple also asks about guest mode and who else uses the Vision Pro, which is a curious question because it's not at all set up for multi-person usage. Some of the questions:
  • Overall, how satisfied are you with your Vision Pro?
  • What is your favorite feature or aspect of Apple Vision Pro so far?
  • How often do you use your Apple Vision Pro?
  • For how long do you typically wear your Apple Vision Pro before you decide to take it off?
  • Who else uses your Vision Pro?
  • Before taking the survey, did you know that you can let others use your Apple Vision Pro with the Guest User feature?
  • Which of these activities do you do regularly on your Vision Pro? (with a long list of options)
  • What types of video content are you most interested in watching on Apple Vision Pro?
  • When using your Apple Vision Pro, how often are you immersed in an Environment?
  • Whenever you're using apps on Apple Vision Pro, how often do you multitask?
  • Have you set up your Persona to use in FaceTime?
  • How satisfied are you with how your Persona looks on Apple Vision Pro?
  • Where is your Apple Vision Pro used most?
  • Which of these accessories do you use with your Apple Vision Pro? (with a list that includes mice, cases, AirPods Pro, and more).
  • What head band do you use most often with your Apple Vision Pro?
  • How often do you use your Apple Vision Pro while the battery is connected to a power source?
The survey is long and in-depth, and also goes into the other devices that each respondent owns.

The uptick in Vision Pro survey distribution comes as there have been reports about waning interest in the headset. Over the weekend, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman said that customers aren't as curious about the Vision Pro, with demand for demos in retail stores "way down." At some locations, demos and sales have dropped from a "couple of units a day to just a handful in a whole week."

Vision Pro headset owners have also reported a decrease in usage, picking it up just once or twice a week rather than on a daily basis.

Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said on Tuesday that Apple is dropping the number of Apple Vision Pro units that it plans to ship, and he said it is a sign that demand in the U.S. has "fallen sharply beyond expectations."

Kuo believes that Apple needs to address the lack of key applications, price, and comfort without impacting user experience in order for the Vision Pro to ultimately see success in the future.

Article Link: Apple Asks Customers for Vision Pro Feedback
I read somewhere that Steve job didn’t like this approach. He look down for companies that did this; and now Apple did this.

• Haha

H.E. Pennypacker

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2017
NYC
The U.S. is not in a recession, check the facts.

I considered the same, and figured that Apple's commitment to user privacy prevents them from knowing the answers to many of those questions. I'm sure they know how often a given number of the devices are activated, what time of day they tend to be used, etc., but it's probably anonymized and aggregated. And if the unit is shared, that would confuse data.

A survey allows Apple to put lots of different user metrics together and have a better understanding of how and why each responding individual is using (or not using) the device.

Lots of people here in the forums have said that the AVP is essentially a beta device. Seen in that light, these surveys can be useful in building the v 2.0, if there is going to be one.
Check your facts guy. We are in fact in an economic downturn. Massive inflation ring any bells also?

lovehateapple

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2015
USA
IMO apple should also be asking people who want to buy one, but are waiting for certain features to become available on it. For me, I want to be able to watch videos I've shot with my Insta360 One X camera on it as well as more events like the Masters golf tournament and U2's concert from the Sphere. Also if DJI were to ever come out with a native app that would let me fly my Avata with it, I would buy one in a second.

Reactions: Jumpthesnark

farmboy

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2003
Minnesota
IMO apple should also be asking people who want to buy one, but are waiting for certain features to become available on it. For me, I want to be able to watch videos I've shot with my Insta360 One X camera on it as well as more events like the Masters golf tournament and U2's concert from the Sphere. Also if DJI were to ever come out with a native app that would let me fly my Avata with it, I would buy one in a second.
Don't tell us, tell Apple. They're on the interwebs...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.