Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Antoniosmalakia

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2021
I don't want macOS on Vision Pro, but I need functionality on par with it. The fact I can't code apps on it that's tuned for visionOS makes it unmatchable as an actual computer for me.

Having it be based off iOS makes it mediocre. Hopefully it starts to diverge from it fast. People justify it by saying its first gen, but WE STILL DON'T EVEN HAVE MULTIPLE AUDIO STREAMS ON IOS, LET ALONE IPADOS THAT HAS MULTI LAYERING OF WINDOWS.
That’s never happening.

• Haha
Reactions: Victor Mortimer

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2012
1 Without TIm, apple will fall in shareholders eyes=> Apple will underdeliver
2 Jony Ive without Steve made the worse possible devices, like butterfly keyboard and hot hot macbooks with Intel, with worse iphones battery life
3 Craig is better where he is, wee need him there
4 Apple car revive, maybe it wasnt even a thing in the first place
5 Agree if its true
6 It needs QA and the customers its the best QA so no
7 Agree
8 Agree but only if they made the entry level better
9 Maybe, because that will place EU as a powerhouse on everything, and EU should not have the monopoly over the world
10 Agree
1. That's just speculation and if its true, the shareholders are holding back Apple from truly innovating next gen products. It hasn't released a new smash hit product line since Apple Watch in April 2015.
2. Jony Ive was not perfect, but he was willing to learn, he was the soul behind so much good that made Apple what it is today.
3. Tim Cook will have to go one day, Craig is the best suited exec to replace him if Apple is serious about nurturing its soul.
4. Apple Car was a great promise but it was delayed so much that it may not make sense in the current EV market, but the future is definitely electric, but will make more sense when we have most of our energy from the Green sector.
6. It needs some serious price correction and may drop rarely used features to achieve it.
8. 10th gen Entry level is the best entry level iPad since iPad 3rg Gen (1st gen Retina)
9. My feedback was from a user's perspective. Maybe iPhone doesn't need the freedom of choice, but iPad Pro lineup surely does, its a really powerful device line that is crippled by poor software support only because Apple refuses to open it up.

amaze1499

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2014
Its creepy.
Its heavy.
It has short battery life.
There is only limited applications available.

I like the idea of multiple desktops. But that won't justify a standalone price of 3500$. Plus I'd have to have a M class Mac to buy that runs along with it. That's like 5500$ just to have one and not having any return on it.
Having said that, I also wouldn't get one of those Facebook headsets either.

This thing feels like the 20th anniversary Mac back then.

Hails09

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2022
They probably want to know why they've stopped using it. Probably for the same reason I stopped using my Meta Quest: It's uncomfortable to wear. Once you get over the hype, it's not that useful.
Exactly that’s what I’ve been saying about the AVP it’s not worth it as we as humans don’t want things on our head or face that’s not actually needed.
Would you wear a pair of glasses that you don’t actually need

Marx55

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2005
As also said elsewhere: How to increase sales of Apple Vision Pro? Just release other model to watch 3D movies. And no prescription inserts required! Just that. That easy!

JohnRckr

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2023
I said it before release and I will say it now;
NONE asked for this product, so no wonder the interest is going down. They should have had focused on polishing iOS, releasing new AirPods Max and so on.

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Here’s some feedback Apple, we are in a recession, most people don’t have disposable income to buy groceries or gas much less to spend $4k on a VR headset. Make a much less expensive mainstream version or deal with the 1% of consumers who would buy this and .0001% of the 1% who don’t realize after they bought it that it’s a giant waste of money.
We aren't in a recession. People have wanted us to be in one for years, but we aren't in one.

Odan

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2023
My feedback as a potential buyer is that Apple needs to look at other gaming platforms like Steam and how relatively easily they could make their device work with Steam games… I honestly don’t care about your Apple Arcade stuff.

Make sure app developers like infuse are able to fully implement the vision pro version of their apps. Right now it’s incomplete…

Make it more useful like the iPhone and a bit cheaper like 2k.

• Haha

Lift Bar

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2023
Apple-WWCD23-Vision-Pro-EyeSight-230605.jpg
O, how I abhor this image; smug, dystopian, beige… Black Mirror looking dentist office. Horrific.

It’s seemingly impossible to create a marketing campaign that actually flatters this product—it's as if the images were designed by its detractors!

rymc02

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2021
Until this tech gets to a point it's just like wearing glasses the practicality is just a deal breaker for me. The early adopters can help get it there I guess. But I personally don't see myself desiring this thing at all. Especially at that price point.
Did you see the MRI of the Vision Pro? How long do you think it will take to cram all that tech into the rims of a pair of glasses; LIDAR, multiple cameras (even if you don't need passthrough anymore you still have to detect hand movements), LED projectors and recievers for eye tracking, CPU, ram and that's before you get to the battery. I hear this argument all the time but I don't think any one understands this is a distant dream.

Also, how do you do immersive VR in a pair of sunglasses?

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
They should have held off and gotten deals with more movie companies or major sport networks to broadcast/stream games - imagine tossing on a headset and you’re court side for a game, behind home plate, etc.

Could have been a major selling point.

Again I don’t recall seeing any ads promoting it. It’s like they just released this into the wild and have forgotten it.

If Apple can’t generate the hype, how do they expect consumers to have any for it?

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I went to a demo and the Vision Pro is really awesome but the lack of apps is kind of astounding and mystifying. I feel like this was something that Apple could have easily foreseen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.