Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Professional look instead of baby toys look.
Simply work, even on the first version release!!!

Well, I can dream can't I?

TomTomHatesCats

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2013
New York, NY
The ability to delete some stock apps and choose default apps. It's so basic...

This!

Also, currently, swipe-from-left is the gesture to go back within an app. I'd like to extend that one more step to be able to go back to the home screen.

This might not be necessary for iPads since there's already a back-to-home gesture, but I just want to preserve the life of the physical home button as much as possible.

zamoht

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2014
A smooth and working OS.
A better flat. This is just a poorly executed, stripped of everything kinda flat. Google has done flat so much better, especially with material design.
Put my icons where I please.
Customizable control center.
iCloud Drive app.
Add to On-the-Go Up next thing for music.app
Customizable home button.
Bright Mode - for those nights I just don't want to sleep.

At least half of these should show up in 8.2 and 8.3...

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
a) The option to select multiple apps when editing the home screen
b) iCloud Drive app
c) More betas (8-9 + GM) = More testing = less bugs and glitches - Introduce the OS in May or April at a special iOS event so it will be ready in September for iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.
d) Better optimization for devices with biggers screens (iPad, iPhone 6 Plus) - splt screen multitasking, more icons on the homescreen, etc.

Jeff Flowerday

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
Calgary, AB
1) Optimization and Bug Fixes
2) iCloud App
3) A Music player with a simple Now Playing queue allowing us to add song, albums or even artists. The ability to sort albums in Ascending order under an artist, who in their right mind wants to listen to an artists' albums in reverse chronological order. No integration with Beats or any other crap apple wants to force on us.
4) Ability to program double button touch to bring up app manager instead of reachability.

martinocando

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2013
Question, do people really like the dark mode?
Whenever I have a dark UI, I change that back to light straight away. Dark mode seems to be burning on my retina when I close the app or look away from it. The same with dark websites and white text.

It could also be set as do not disturb, to switch to dark at night, or depending on the lighting conditions a-la-auto-brightness.

It could also allow us to increase brightness, and saving battery at the same time, since the back-light will be less bright, due to the darker overall theme.
I find myself increasing brightness when going outside, and turning it back down when coming back. But if I forget to turn it down, I end up wasting battery.

No, and I don't like auto brightness. Is not very reliable to measure light conditions inside, and most of the time I must increase the brightness manually, because I can't see a thing.

rodetrip

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2014
the ability to call someone from contacts by dialing their name on the keypad.

also an option to disable notifications during a phone call

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
Like what others have said, I don't really want a ton (if any) of new features with iOS9. Just bug fixes, optimization, and a very smooth experience. Honestly, I can't think of very many new features left to add that I would actually use. Though if I had to choose... I too would like to see the NFC api opened up to developers, and a Dark Mode does sound interesting. Oh, and customizable home button "taps" so that we can use it for more functions, like what they did with Reachability.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
1) Better way to manage apps. Ex.. if I delete the App in iTunes it will automatically delete it on my iPad, not re import it. I am tired of deleting an app from iPad, then iTunes, then going to check if its on my iphone too (when its universal)

2)Multi-user log-on or guest mode at least.

3) When I pull up the lower panel, current app does not freeze or stop working (changing screen-orientation on YouTube)

4)combine app-switching and lower-panel . Get rid of the double-click for app-switching .

5)2 apps side by side? Word processing + Browser , or Browser+Amazon or Twitter+Youtube

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Performance improvements. We need a Jelly Bean / Project Butter-type release this time around. My iPad Air 1 should not be stuttering and lagging.

had0ukenn

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2013
- I kind of want an overhaul of the UI. Im tired of looking at a plain and simple design with square shaped apps. Something more animated and clean. Im sure this will need more ram and a better battery life.

- Better battery life. Every time a new iOS is released it seems like battery life takes a hit.

- People mentioned dark mode on here, that would be awesome. Currently I'm using the dim setting, check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOG5Jh-N5mM

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
What are some of the big changes you want to see in iOS 9?

With Apple Pay and iWatch probably being the big changes to iOS 8 what are you looking for in iOS 9?

Multi user and Split Screen seem to be the two top contenders but what other big changes could Apple make to bring a big shift in iOS?

"What ya want"? Can't you write like a normal person?

Fredo C

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
Better multi-tasking. For example I'd like to have my cable co app on the screen and watch TV at the same time as surfing or reading emails.

Touch ID profiles. The ability to have multiple profiles based on fingerprint. So if my son is using my iPhone or iPad, I customize what I want him to have access to. i.e. No safari, no youtube, etc.

kslingo

macrumors member
May 16, 2007
group FaceTime?

This is needed!

----------

Also a way that we don't have to authenticate our TV provider for all these apps... Just one universal login and the apps tie in to that, so that way you don't have to login, its especially annoying on the Apple TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.