Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
- Clear cache per app (or select a bunch) to save some storage space via Settings and via the app itself. Some apps do have this nice feature within their app (if you can find it) but other's don't.

There was/is ofcourse the free 'CM Security' app which helps a bit for e.g. Facebook but it seems Apple removed it from the App Store a few months ago.

- sync complete Photostream between iOS device for all your photos (not last 30 days only) by using iCloud (so no need of desktop/laptop and iTunes).

And these ones as mentioned below.

- "Widget" section separate from "Today" in Notification Center
- Customizable actions in Control Center
- Less freakin' annoying bugs like rotation glitches and keyboard freezes
- Split screen multitasking on iPad
- Weather and Calculator on iPad (even if just a more functional widget)
- Quit all background apps at once
- More control over home screens (Don't force apps into a left-right, up-down grid)
- iCloud Drive app
- Ability to hide unused default apps

Edit: lasers

Last edited:

Ev0d3vil

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Fix the safari crashing and tab reloads in iOS 8 first before freaking launching another OS !

logicstudiouser

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2010
Support for iTunes 10.7. lol, I know, never going to happen. But, Apple has just gutted so many features in 11 and 12 and syncing is impossible now with ios 7/8 & itunes 11/12

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
Wifi connection that does not drop. I am not sure why this happens but like at least 2 times a day I have to put my ios devices on airplane mode and back to reconnect to the internet. It happens on my macbook too but like once a week.

Also, if iTunes can wireless find my iOS devices that would be great. Its very common that I launch iTunes and it will not recognise my iOS device. I have to connect it through usb

mpavilion

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2014
SFV, CA, USA
A stock weather widget that gives you what you need: current temp; today's hi/lo temps; and a little sun or cloud icon for the conditions. Not a weird sentence like, "It is partly cloudy currently; the high today was forecast as 80 degrees." Huh?

[Btw - they can also fix the current bug where the weather info in the Today widget does not always refresh when I pull down the NC, even though I have both background data and location turned on for Weather.]

Last edited:

BigOrangeSU

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
More integration with my mac. For example be able to set a timer on my phone and it go off on my Mac.
Also more interaction on the notification screen.
Create glances where I can glance and see a variety of information without have to pull down notification center
ability to clear all notifications in notification center with one tap

Goncas

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2012
I would really like apps in split screen but I'm afraid it will be only available for the iPad Air and with really luck to the iPhone 6+.

astoria0128

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Few month ago apple introduced its new operating system which comes along various changes and works as a successor for iOS7. According to me the company have lot of new ideas and we expect everything in iOS9...

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Didn't see anything about this but I totally want the email app to have a way to bulk delete from the inbox. Crazy that it's not here yet.

I'd also like to able to stop safari from hiding the favorites bar when scrolling sites too. Yuk!

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
• Option to require passcode to turn off the phone.
• Move the recents from multitasking to NC as a Phone app widget.
• iCloud Drive app.
• Mobile Data toggle for CC.
• Quick reply API.

prother1

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
It's 2014 and we still don't have scheduled text messages?????

Someone else mentioned a launcher-like widget. Also, I'd like to see a more robust stock notes app. The current one is way too vanilla. I've tried evernote but you have to pay to see your notes offline! :mad:

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
What are some of the big changes you want to see in iOS 9?

With Apple Pay and iWatch probably being the big changes to iOS 8 what are you looking for in iOS 9?

Multi user and Split Screen seem to be the two top contenders but what other big changes could Apple make to bring a big shift in iOS?

I would like to see them go to root annoyances and fix them. Fix the jumpy control center animations on occasions. Fix the music apps suddenly grey navigation bar glitch and rotation animation glitches. Fix the photos app search animation. Fix the keyboard rotation animation. Fix quick multitasking actions UI errors. Fix lock screen lag. Unify internet accounts with OS X through iCloud. Etc.

PlatinuM195

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2009
  • Swiping up brings up a combo control-center multi-tasking view.
  • iPad like gestures on the iPhone (going home etc.)
  • Programmatic access to the extensibility interface. Saves a click of the share-sheet and feels much more cohesive.
  • Re-thinking of the settings. A lot of it is out of control.
  • A little more customization (control center icons at least)
  • Install to iPhone from a web browser iTunes page.
  • Some intuitive method to separate apps, widgets, keyboards. So they're not a sea of app icons on the home screens.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Would be nice if Apple launch an internal project to speed up iOS. Much like Google did in the past with Android (which has really paid off). It's embarassing to look at an iPad 2 / 3 / mini in action. Used to run OK with iOS 7.1.2.

Also, stop bundling apps that cannot be removed for no reason at all and spam you on a daily basis (I'm looking at you "Tips", never asked for that). Just put them in the App Store.

BigBear14

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2014
Double tap on screen to wake up...like it does on Android Lollipop!

Ability to use quick reply with third party apps, like WhatsApp...would be of great use. Don't know why the ****ers limited it in the first place, trying to get people to use ****** iMessage i bet.

Better integration with other devices when it comes to messages and phone calls, like if i delete a conversation from my iPhone it syncs and deletes that convo from my Mac or iPad.

----------

- clear cache per app (or select a bunch) to save some storage space via settings and via the app itself. Some apps do have this nice feature within their app (if you can find it) but other's don't.

there was/is ofcourse the free 'cm security' app which helps a bit for e.g. Facebook but it seems apple removed it from the app store a few months ago.

- sync complete photostream between ios device for all your photos (not last 30 days only) by using icloud (so no need of desktop/laptop and itunes).

And these ones as mentioned below.

this ****ing this!!! Every app should have the option to delete the cache! This is the main reason why memory is so bad on ios, apps are not efficient with cache.

DARKiLLUSiON

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Notification widget short cut to setting
Toggle these on/off without actually going to setting
-Location service
-2G/3G/4G LTE
-Alarm (multiple)
Facebook/Twitter integration widget
Apple map
Also as someone pointed out ..clear app cache!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.