Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2008
Istanbul
open msgs on your mac, go to prefs then account, you will see your icloud account click on that and you should see your phone number + email addresses there (i have phone number + @mac + @icloud + @me) make sure it is checked - if that does not work start over and delete settings on your ios device, shut down your computer - set up iMessage again and then open computer, it should just automatically add - are you using mountain lion?

thanks

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Notification centre, MC, & Dashboard

You don't need to click the icon in, the status bar, to close Notification Centre. just swipe left to right (or right to left) on trackpad (if you have "Swipe pages" option enabled in TrackPad settings)

Same can be applies to Mission Control, and Dashboard (click or tap, to close)

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
All sorts of issues (its a mixed mag of nuts)..

All sorts of issues. :eek:

In fact, network connection was up, its only a status icon issue.

In all instances, removing passwords from Keychain, and adding them back solved this.

Attachments

• media stuck.png
    media stuck.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 286
  • Wi-Fi#1.png
    Wi-Fi#1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 241
  • Wi-FI#2.png
    Wi-FI#2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 246
  • WI-FI#3.png
    WI-FI#3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 234

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Is it just me or is notifications not updating after mail read, facebook checked, etc? Do I have to click the notification to get it away?

2nd question, does the notifications sync with my apple id? Thanks!

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
When using LaunchPad, to drag/drop icon create new Folder, sometimes (usually most times), the folder name is "Untitled" and NOT the name it should be (eg Utilities, Productivity etc...)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 5.45.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 5.45.23 AM.png
    849.5 KB · Views: 192

TheKnowledgeGuy

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2010
Wait, when did this thread turn from neat tricks and feats of Mountain Lion to OS X 10.9 feature suggestions, bugs and glitches?

Anyway, I like the trackpad gesture to open Notification Centre as well as the ability to click and drag/swipe away notifications. I also really like the somewhat hidden terminal-notifier ability you can get.

Terminal is frigging awesome on Mountain Lion. UNIX ftw

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Anyone noticed this ?

Battery status issue ? It stats "0.00 until Fully charged"

Should i Calibrate ?

Last edited:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
In Full screen (with iTunes), and it needs to "Contact the Apple server" to check the restore, when doing a restore to an IOS device, if there is a DNS network issue, you are stuck in Full screen, since iTunes window remains in-active.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 5.34.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 5.34.34 AM.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 336

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Wait, when did this thread turn from neat tricks and feats of Mountain Lion to OS X 10.9 feature suggestions, bugs and glitches?

Anyway, I like the trackpad gesture to open Notification Centre as well as the ability to click and drag/swipe away notifications. I also really like the somewhat hidden terminal-notifier ability you can get.

Terminal is frigging awesome on Mountain Lion. UNIX ftw

What terminal notifer? How do i get this?

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Probably mentioned in the previous 60+ pages, but in case people didn't go through all that.. there's neat feature while in Mission Control.

Using trackpad, you can thumb and three finger spread on any of the application windows and focus/expand those windows. IE if you have 10 finder windows open, it'll spread those windows open more in mission control view.

slrandall

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Probably mentioned in the previous 60+ pages, but in case people didn't go through all that.. there's neat feature while in Mission Control.

Using trackpad, you can thumb and three finger spread on any of the application windows and focus/expand those windows. IE if you have 10 finder windows open, it'll spread those windows open more in mission control view.

I think this was in MC in Lion.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Every time I boot/restart my mbp, mountain lion keeps having wifi open and searching for networks, although I am always having it disabled! (I prefer ethernet connection)
Why?

Platskies

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2012
NSW, Australia
When using LaunchPad, to drag/drop icon create new Folder, sometimes (usually most times), the folder name is "Untitled" and NOT the name it should be (eg Utilities, Productivity etc...)

This only happens for applications you get from the App Store (they must have an assigned category when they get submitted).

lennyserrano93

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
os x updates

They really need to fix safari because sometimes the UI doesn't work properly when disabling the "scroll direction" and when you try to scroll from left to right.

Also they need to make the OS a bit more snappier for the people who has traditional hard disk drive so it can be less stressful on the hard drive itself and also they need to update the full screen mode using multiple monitors and the random spotlight index.

But other than that, the OS is really good.

MaxHarryson

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2011
Does anyone know if i can just drag the files from one of the apps in my library (Logic Pro), put em on a external drive and then drag then back in after i repartition? Or do i need to reinstall everything?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Finder issues

Small detail, but when you are scrolling in Finder window (eg Downloads folder) in List View, with lots of folders & sub-folders, when browsing these sub-folders, opening/closing them shifts the view of the Finder window back to top..

Its irritating as you must scroll back down to that particular folder again you were recently viewing.. :mad:

Finder should just close the current folder, as it usually does.

Last edited:

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
By all means, chastise the guy that went through the effort of trying to help you.

Well, if thats how you see it I won't even try denying the matter. Not worth it, since I was just pointing it out friendly like, my intentions were not to degrade a fellow member of this wonderful site.

I guess this sounds rather sarcastic, but its not, I mean it.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Spotlight

This could be more useful for finding Duplicate files like file names, also allow wildcards, rather than relying on third-party software. :cool:

canadianpj

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2008
Well, if thats how you see it I won't even try denying the matter. Not worth it, since I was just pointing it out friendly like, my intentions were not to degrade a fellow member of this wonderful site.

I guess this sounds rather sarcastic, but its not, I mean it.

No, it didn't sound sarcastic at all. Rude. Sure. But not sarcastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.