Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
My money is on Seahawks/Ravens SB with the 'Hawks winning. I trust Wilson's QB style more than Jackson's and the 'Hawks have an edge on D. Jackson is looking to run too much. I don't want my QB taking that risk, especially against a good D.

I would love my Saints/Texans SB, but I don't envision my Texans making it pass the Divisional round. I'm rooting for the Saints because I'm a Breezus fan.:cool:

I like Brees also and I hope he is able to make it and win it one more time before he hangs it up...

Reactions: user_xyz

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
as amazing as the Ravens look right now I really think the Chiefs will edge them out in a thrilling AFC championship game

As for the NFC I don't even know who to pick there, its so competitive... I think the 49ers get upset though.. If I had to bet I would say it comes down to seahawks-packers and the home team wins it in a squeaker.

as amazing as the Ravens look right now I really think the Chiefs will edge them out in a thrilling AFC championship game

As for the NFC I don't even know who to pick there, its so competitive... I think the 49ers get upset though.. If I had to bet I would say it comes down to seahawks-packers and the home team wins it in a squeaker.
And if that happened, with the way the standings are right now, that Packers-Seahawks game would be in Seattle, as the Hawks currently have the #1 seed ion the NFC. CenturyLink Field can be a real tough place to play, and the Hawk fans would definitely be rowdy for that game!
[automerge]1576874595[/automerge]
My money is on Seahawks/Ravens SB with the 'Hawks winning. I trust Wilson's QB style more than Jackson's and the 'Hawks have an edge on D. Jackson is looking to run too much. I don't want my QB taking that risk, especially against a good D.

I'd like to agree with you on the Hawks winning it all (especially since I live just south of Seattle), but the Ravens are just too good. Plus, they already beat the Hawks, at CenturyLink Field, and beat them good.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Ravens / Seahawks....

Hmm. Have two birds ever faced each other in the SB?

(Ravens are the only "bird team" in the AFC)

Last edited:
Well, the 49ers and Saints won, and the Seahawks loss. Still plenty of drama left in the NFC:

1. Tomorrow night's game between the Packers and Vikings is HUGE, HUGE, HUGE! So many playoff implications.

2. If the Seahawks beat the 49ers next Sunday in Seattle, they would have the same division, conference, and overall records, but the Hawks would be the NFC West champs, based on them beating the 49ers twice.

3. The Saints play the Panthers in Carolina next week. If the Saints win, they would have the #1 seed in the NFC for the playoffs.

Wow, their chances really took a beating today.
Maybe their fortunes are changing! Marshawn Lynch is in Seattle as I write this, discussing a return to the Seahawks for at least the remainder of the season! Also, the Hawks are signing two other running backs.

And the NFL "flexed" the Seahawk-49ers game to Sunday night. I will be back home on Thursday, and I'll bet Seattle will be a wild place on Sunday night.

USAToday is reporting that Marshawn Lynch has signed with Seattle.
Here is the report from the Seattle Times:

Same thing on espn:

Also, Lynch's running mate when he was in Seattle, Robert Turbin, was signed. Thus, Sunday night's game against the 49ers, in Seattle, will be wild.

Unfortunately, the Packers beat the Vikings, and unless a lot of things favorable for the Seahawks happens, they will be the third seed, with Green Bay and New Orleans being the #1 and #2 seeds.

Last edited:
OK, I wonder if anyone can help me with the tie breaking rules of the NFL. If the Packers lose to the Lions, and the Saints lose to the Panthers, and the Seahawks beat the 49ers, the Packers, Saints, and Seahawks would be winners of their divisions, and have identical 12 and 4 records. I know that the Seahawks would lose out to the Saints, since the Saints beat the Seahawks in week 3. But the Seahawks did not play the Packers, and the Packers and Saints did not play each other. For common opponents, the Packers lost to the 49ers, but the Seahawks beat them twice. The Saints would split their games with the Panthers, but both Seattle and Green Bay beat them. Seattle beat the Vikings once, but Green Bay beat them twice.

Man, this is giving me a headache! Can some one help me out?

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
OK, I wonder if anyone can help me with the tie breaking rules of the NFL.

Here are the rules...

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 7.59.03 AM.png

They may be just Gassing up!! ;)
They are a somewhat hard team to gauge, but without Cam Newton, the chances of Carolina winning are rather slim. Also, the chances of the Lions beating the Packers are also slim, although the game is in Detroit, and there is plenty of history for any of those teams in that division.
[automerge]1577210287[/automerge]
Interesting. According to that second tie Conference breaker, that would not eliminate the Seahawks right away.

Lasrjock

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2019
Northern VA
They are a somewhat hard team to gauge, but without Cam Newton, the chances of Carolina winning are rather slim. Also, the chances of the Lions beating the Packers are also slim, although the game is in Detroit, and there is plenty of history for any of those teams in that division.
[automerge]1577210287[/automerge]

Interesting. According to that second tie Conference breaker, that would not eliminate the Seahawks right away.

If the final games go such that New Orleans, Green Bay, & Seattle all have a tied record then the first tie breaker is Conference games. Seattle and GB would be tied but NO would have a worse record so they would fall to #3. Common opponents would be used to settle the Seattle, GB tie. The common opponents are:

San Francisco (Seattle wins both in your scenario, GB lost)
Ph Eagles (Seattle won, GB lost)
Minnesota (Seattle & GB both won)
Carolina Panthers (both won)

So Seattle has the tie-breaker and gets #1.

As a Seattle fan (I was in a suburban High School when they first started) I find it hard to believe that they will beat the 49ers given their last few games.

Hmm, so the Seahawks still have a chance to be the #1 seed! Sweet!

Cannot agree with you about the 49er game. As it is, most people were expecting the Hawks to lose to the 49ers earlier this year, including myself. But this upcoming game is so, so different:

1. It is being played in Seattle.
2. It is a Sunday night game.
3. With Marshawn Lynch back, the atmosphere will be dynamic!

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Hmm, so the Seahawks still have a chance to be the #1 seed! Sweet!

Cannot agree with you about the 49er game. As it is, most people were expecting the Hawks to lose to the 49ers earlier this year, including myself. But this upcoming game is so, so different:

1. It is being played in Seattle.
2. It is a Sunday night game.
3. With Marshawn Lynch back, the atmosphere will be dynamic!

All you gotta do is hope the Seahawks don’t lay another egg like they did against the Cardinals.

All you gotta do is hope the Seahawks don’t lay another egg like they did against the Cardinals.
It is EXTREMELY clear that without a running game (both Carson and Prosise got injured permanently during the game; don't you remember that?), the Hawks are not that good. But with Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin back, and with the electric atmosphere at Century Link Field on Sunday night, they won't lay another egg, as you say.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Woot, woot! Dolphins beat the Patriots in Foxborough for the first time since 2008. Coupled with the Chiefs win means the Patriots will have to play in the wildcard round!
CBS had the chiefs score constantly on the ticker during the game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.