Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Why are analysts saying the Packers are favored to win the Super Bowl? That’s not gonna happen, they’re not even playing that great of football, they _barely_ beat some teams with horrible losing records all season. Sure, they have a great winning record, but they’ve struggled/fallen behind barely winning against some of these teams that are not even playoff contenders to begin with.

Woot, woot! Dolphins beat the Patriots in Foxborough for the first time since 2008. Coupled with the Chiefs win means the Patriots will have to play in the wildcard round!
Yeah, quite a surprise! And the Chiefs have the #2 seed. I see a Ravens-Chiefs AFC title game.
[automerge]1577662428[/automerge]
Well, unfortunately the Seahawks did not get any help. While the Saints thrashed the Panthers, the Packer-Lion game was close. If Green Bay had lost, and assuming the Hawks win tonight, the Hawks would have had the #2 seed. Now, with the Packers win, the best they can have is a #3 seed, which means a wild card game in Seattle against the Vikings (whom the Hawks previously beat).

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Well, it’s Black Monday, and as is our wont in Cleveland, we fired our coach. Did it last night, actually.

Adam Schefter is reporting the following:

Former Panthers’ HC Ron Rivera is expected to be hired as the next head coach of the Washington Redskins barring any unforeseen developments, per sources.
I’d like us to be the unforeseen development. ?

After all, jimmy Haslam is no great shakes, but if you had a choice of working for him or Dan Snyder...

It looks like the Hawks blew it, with another "denying Marshawn Lynch" scenario. Here is the explanation of what happened when Wilson spiked the ball:

Man, why can't communication issues ever get resolved?

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
It has been 10 years since the Patriots had to play in the wildcard round of the playoffs. And they got pummeled by the Ravens 33-14. I'm hoping the Titans can repeat history.

Reactions: compwiz1202

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
It has been 10 years since the Patriots had to play in the wildcard round of the playoffs. And they got pummeled by the Ravens 33-14. I'm hoping the Titans can repeat history.

The Titans already beat them this year too.. their offense has improved since then but not very much.. I don’t have high hopes. ?

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
Tend to agree with you, especially as the game is in Foxborough. However, even if they win, they would face the Chiefs next in Arrowhead, and the Chiefs will prevail in that one.

Surprisingly they held up well against the chiefs, certainly had a chance to win it at the end.

I've always liked the Chiefs, even from their old AFL days. Plus, I think it was cool that when the Seahawks entered the NFL, they were initially in the NFC West for their first year, but from their second year through the 2001 season, they were part of the AFC West (the original AFL West). There were numerous great games with the Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, and Chargers.

Emtbill

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2018
Mass
Tend to agree with you, especially as the game is in Foxborough. However, even if they win, they would face the Chiefs next in Arrowhead, and the Chiefs will prevail in that one.

Thats what they said last year, Pats walk through them in arrowhead straight to the Super Bowl.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Thats what they said last year, Pats walk through them in arrowhead straight to the Super Bowl.
This years Patriots have a mediocre Offense at best and no kicking game. You'd be surprised at how dependent they have become on Gostkowski's leg over the years. How many times did Coach BB went for it on 4th down with in FG range because he didn't trust the kicker? When they finally found a reliable kicker in Folk, he got injured soon after.

All the Pats have this year is a great D. But that D faced off against 3 elite QB's (Jackson, Mahomes and Watson) they've been exposed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.