Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
We’ll know when this seasons car hits the track at testing rather than last years car with this seasons livery which appears to be what we saw this week lol. Hopefully it’ll be a year where Adrian hasn’t quite got it right and we see more teams in the mix this year.
Hopefully, it is a year when the others got it right as well, and we see proper racing and competition. Why reduce to the lowest common denominator, that is so negative? It is way better in my opinion for every to level up and move the sport upwards and onwards.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
The car unveiled or the pace at testing often shows little resemblance to the first race. Anyway not long now.

Yeah they usually have a few new looking aero prices bolted on but this car looks almost identical side by side and head on. I suppose even in testing they sandbag mostly to hide the true speed which a lot of journalists tend to forget when declaring favourites for the season ahead.

Reactions: Glideslope

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Yeah they usually have a few new looking aero prices bolted on but this car looks almost identical side by side and head on. I suppose even in testing they sandbag mostly to hide the true speed which a lot of journalists tend to forget when declaring favourites for the season ahead.
So true. How often have we heard this is McLaren’s year at testing, just to see them as the fourth best team in Australia.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN

F1 2023 LAUNCH DATES​

Haas – January 31 (livery launch)
Red Bull – February 3 (livery launch)
Williams – February 6 (season launch)
Alfa Romeo – February 7
AlphaTauri – February 11
Aston Martin – February 13
McLaren – February 13
Ferrari – February 14
Mercedes – February 15
Alpine – February 16

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Ford expected to announce soon that they are partnering Red Bull from 2026.
ac7010e66ab36d0cbb1d22f2fd2d6714.jpg

Reading the comments online about this and it’s amazing how many fans out there have no idea Ford have supplied engines throughout the sports history. Some find this news hilarious apparently .

Thought RB are developing their own engine? Still be interesting to see what happens. Talk or Audi and Porsche too went around too, although Audi wanted half of the entire Red Bull empire apparently so they were shown the door..

Ford have a long history in motorsport as you say. Be interesting to see how it goes.

Last edited:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Thought RB are developing their own engine? Still be interesting to see what happens. Talk or Audi and Porsche too went around too, although Audi wanted half of the entire Red Bull empire apparently so they were shown the door..

Ford have a long history in motorsport as you say. Be interesting to see how it goes.

I thought they were too but it’s a big project as well as running the team I would think. They haven’t got the resources Mercedes have in Northamptonshire. Ford indeed have a long history in F1 and powered Schumacher to his first WDC with Benetton in 1994. Amazing how many comments I read where people had no idea Ford had ever produced anything other than a Ford Fiesta .

Audi confirmed last week they have bought a share in Sauber. Alfa Romeo will eventually be Audi F1 I would imagine.
318ee4c136a1713029ea51901af2a3c2.jpg

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
From reading a couple of articles it sounds like Ford at partnering Red Bull without the involvement of their British partners Cosworth. It’s worth noting how important Cosworth have been to the success of the Ford brand within F1 in the past. This could be very interesting and I’m sure Red Bull wouldn’t be entering into this without firm assurances.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
From reading a couple of articles it sounds like Ford at partnering Red Bull without the involvement of their British partners Cosworth. It’s worth noting how important Cosworth have been to the success of the Ford brand within F1 in the past. This could be very interesting and I’m sure Red Bull wouldn’t be entering into this without firm assurances.

I hope it isn’t another Renault. Shame Cosworth aren’t involved, they are legends. But they haven’t been in F1 for years now and are a small company I guess in the scheme of things.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Anyway let’s hope Mercedes have done something to their car to get it working a bit better. I would say let’s hope Ferrari have worked on their strategy’s, but it’s er Ferrari….. we can ’discuss’ then the inevitable controversies. But please can we have some racing, the mid field clearly showed how the new designs work well for racing, but I don’t think we need Max winning two thirds of the way into the season practically. We need that fight at the front.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Anyway let’s hope Mercedes have done something to their car to get it working a bit better. I would say let’s hope Ferrari have worked on their strategy’s, but it’s er Ferrari….. we can ’discuss’ then the inevitable controversies. But please can we have some racing, the mid field clearly showed how the new designs work well for racing, but I don’t think we need Max winning two thirds of the way into the season practically. We need that fight at the front.
Fingers crossed several teams have done something to ge their cars working better...

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Loving the Alfa Romeo livery, and Haas, and Williams which is nice modern update to a traditional name. Can't say I'm digging the livery of Red Bull. A bit lazy and too subtle.

Reactions: pachyderm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.