Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I heard that he wasn’t going to take a physical from all the teams at the combine. He would give his medical records to the teams that he felt were able to draft him.

Hadn’t heard about the ownership stake he wanted. That is an absurd request.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
So what's up with Caleb Williams, there are red flags abound with him.

Yes there are. And they keep popping up almost daily. I think he is going to be a bust.

In all honesty, I think the bears are better off trading the #1 pick for a mess of other picks and build the team up, instead of selecting one person - particularly Williams.

I think Fields still deserves a chance and he has a better attitude, with a better team around him his numbers would improve imo. Yet I really don't expect the Bears to do the right thing, lol

The Bears never do the right thing. I think Fields needs a new place. The Bears have messed up his career so far. Get him with an offensive minded coach who can teach him and he may be fine. A couple more years with the Bears and he will be done.

The consensus landing spot for Fields is Atlanta, but Cousin's rehab is supposedly going well and is a FA. The Falcons have some good pieces and in a weak Division. Cousins could win that Division for them.

Hadn’t heard about the ownership stake he wanted. That is an absurd request.

Which is against NFL rules, so he won't get it.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The Bears never do the right thing.
No they don't. I think keeping Eberflus for 2024 is a huge mistake, he failed to cultivate and help Fields - his coaching record is 10-24. He isn't the person to lead the Bears to the next level.

I think Fields needs a new place.
The best thing that can happen to Fields is that he is traded/cut by the Bears. I think he'll have a better opportunity to grow into a good QB

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
So what's up with Caleb Williams, there are red flags abound with him. He refused to have his medical records released, he also denied any requests for a physical. He was reportedly wanting part ownership for any team that drafts him. He only has a small handful of teams he is willing to play for. He seems to be arrogant and not really putting his best foot forward.

In all honesty, I think the bears are better off trading the #1 pick for a mess of other picks and build the team up, instead of selecting one person - particularly Williams.

I think Fields still deserves a chance and he has a better attitude, with a better team around him his numbers would improve imo. Yet I really don't expect the Bears to do the right thing, lol
Wondered the same about Caleb, its not like he really won anything at USC to act like hes this super star QB, hasn't proved one thing in the NFL

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
The Broncos have told Russell Wilson that he's to be released......what? nobody is surprised? Of course not.

Actually a little. Not that the Bronco's were going to get rid of him, but that they at least didn't try and get a late round pick or two for him.

and he'll likely be some team's starting QB somewhere next year

Believe it or not, the Raiders are on the list along with the Steelers and Vikings. Would be kind of funny of he got to play the Bronco's twice a year.

But this also goes back to them not trying to get a pick so they could keep him out of the division.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
but that they at least didn't try and get a late round pick or two for him.
Who would be willing to take on his salary?

From what little I know, his 2025 salary becomes guaranteed at the start of the this league year, so any possible trade partner would have to be willing to take a 55.4 million cap hit.
1709653753735.png

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
Who would be willing to take on his salary?

From what little I know, his 2025 salary becomes guaranteed at the start of the this league year, so any possible trade partner would have to be willing to take a 55.4 million cap hit.

Bronco's would still have to pay it. But he does have a no-trade clause which is probably why.

He didn't play bad, at least according to the numbers. He will make someone better.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Bronco's would still have to pay it. But he does have a no-trade clause which is probably why.

He didn't play bad, at least according to the numbers. He will make someone better.
He was terrible in his first year with the Broncos. Was ok in this past season.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
They would have to pay this year's salary, I was mentioning that next march, his 2025 salary becomes guaranteed and that is huge as well. You're right that the broncos would have to pay for the 2024 salary to entice trading partners, but that new team would have to paying him a guaranteed amount the following year

1709661572072.png

You're correct regarding his no trade clause that would have made things even more complicated

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
...Believe it or not, the Raiders are on the list along with the Steelers and Vikings. Would be kind of funny of he got to play the Bronco's twice a year....

I've read that Wilson wants to go to a team that already has serious championship potential. The Raiders management might indeed think he could be the guy to add what they're still missing.

Whether the Raiders actually have prospects to be more than a mediocre also-ran, well, that's another question

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
He was terrible in his first year with the Broncos. Was ok in this past season.
His first year he had the misfortune of having Hackett as his coach... Who had no business being an NFL head coach in the first place. Plus he's a crappy OC as well.

Reactions: pachyderm

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
The Broncos have told Russell Wilson that he's to be released......what? nobody is surprised? Of course not.
He should have stayed at Seattle although, I heard on Sports Illustrated last night that his last year with the Seahawks was even worse than his last years with the Broncos. Also heard that no one is jumping up and down to have him as their first-string qb. Will be interesting to see where (if?) he lands.

Reactions: Macky-Mac

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
His first year he had the misfortune of having Hackett as his coach... Who had no business being an NFL head coach in the first place. Plus he's a crappy OC as well.
I believe that Wilson is still a pretty decent QB.

He does need to be surrounded with some good talent though, and who doesn't?

Last edited:
Reactions: C0ncreteBl0nde

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
I've read that Wilson wants to go to a team that already has serious championship potential. The Raiders management might indeed think he could be the guy to add what they're still missing.

Whether the Raiders actually have prospects to be more than a mediocre also-ran, well, that's another question
wouldn't want him as a Raider, i seen all the stuff he wants and demands, but mark on the other hand doesn't really care hes not the brightest of people, i think with out them taken Josh Mcdummy they could have been a playoff team last year and this year, but Mark always wants that big name

Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
wouldn't want him as a Raider, i seen all the stuff he wants and demands, but mark on the other hand doesn't really care hes not the brightest of people, i think with out them taken Josh Mcdummy they could have been a playoff team last year and this year, but Mark always wants that big name
So did Al...

Reactions: jeremz1ne
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.