Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Day 17

This company really is lethal

I hope we had fun silly shenanigans because now it's time for everything to go horribly wrong

The crew and I landed on the moon Titan, the holy grail in Lethal Company. Titan is the hardest moon, but it is the one with the most loot. Just one problem: The outside of the ship was surrounded by these:

OIP.R9PkJQFZ1tyqfuj-3lEqDAHaHL

Meet the Eyeless Dog, the destroyer of noobs. As their name suggests they have no eyes and are completely blind. They hear just fine though. Got an ear like Mozart. So if you're talking, better shut your yap, or you're screwed

Unfortunately, we had a new guy on our team. God damn Interns. 😅

Yeah the new guy didn't get the message, and despite our foreman telling everyone to stay quiet, he had to say "wait what?" It then went onto a downward spiral of everyone getting picked off one by one

The next excursion went about just as well. This time some of us managed to get into the facility. This time though half of us slipped and fell. Lmao. The other half got eaten by dogs.

OIP.DAzsWCYmyd0cRNxTqLWdeAHaEK

We failed to meet quota. We failed the company. We got fired 😒

So with a fresh start we all tried to do our best to train the intern. We landed on the forest moon of Vow, hoping to keep things easy. Looting was going great, we found some engines and easily made quota just from our first pass. But then when we got to the second floor...we found these:

maxresdefault.jpg

Introducing the Coil Head, one of the most deadly monsters in Lethal Company. If you are familiar with SCP-173 or the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who, they are exactly like that. They don't move if you're looking at them. Thank Christ Lethal Company does not have a blinking mechanic, otherwise this game would become unplayable once one of these things showed up

Well how about THREE OF THEM?! I go upstairs to look for more loot, and low and behold I'm staring directly at a trio of Coil Heads. I'm just panicking the entire time and yelling to my team about them. They stop what they're doing to come help. I just keep staring at the Coil Heads to keep them from moving while the other two go downstairs to look for loot. But then trouble comes, as a Loot Bug begins to PUSH THE COIL HEADS FORWARD! Now instead of being grouped together they were now a lot closer to me and blocking the stairs. We all make the call to just call it there and get out of there. Thankfully we were able to escape as the Coil Heads got stuck together so we had enough time to get out of the door. That was a little close for comfort

Lethal Company was all I played that day as I had laundry to do, but while I was doing laundry I had my Steam Deck play something else. Not a game, but a simulation:

Placid Plastic Duck Simulator​

This is a simulator where you watch plastic ducks floating in different bodies of water like infinite swimming pools. And that's it. The ducks do their own thing and you just let it run in the background and watch the simulation go. Every few minutes more ducks get added. You'd think something so simple with zero gameplay wouldn't be so alluring, and yet it is. All those floating ducks of different design, just seeing them go...I dunno it's just soothing to have in the background.

MicrosoftTeams-image-27.png

OIP.mH4vbnHOUSvAjlXxgwrOewHaEK

You know it kinda reminds me of the original PlayStation 3 tech demo with the bath ducks. The demo was made to show off how the PS3 handled seemless water physics and how many entities it could handle, which at the time was really damn impressive.

Said tech demo later got a standalone PSN game called Super Rub-a-Dub, but of course thanks to Dunkey everyone calls it Bubberducky

And now it all comes full circle with a simulator program designed solely to simulate toy bath ducks in water again. That tech demo to this day still holds an influence on us gamers. Gotta love those little guys.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LaterWolf

LaterWolf

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2022
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Thinking of playing with my PS4...
Also how in the world did ps plus extra and premium add a game I already have (Lego city undercover, one of best games of the PS4 era, change my mind)

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
I encourage others to try the challenge themselves and see if they can go the entire year without using Windows for gaming at all.
I played a total of THREE games on Windows the last two years - No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 and VtM: Bloodlines. The first 2 because they aren't available on digital platforms so I had to use my CD copies ... and Bloodlines I couldn't even get to launch on the Steam Deck.

Everything else has been on Deck with a small amount of Mac.

So I'm totally in for 2024 - I will work harder to get things working on Deck as needed!

Reactions: Spaceboi Scaphandre

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Day 18

And with that, Fashion Police Squad is finished. It had some great moments but I'm kinda disappointed exploration was pretty much nonexistent. Near the end I felt so starved for resources as I got so overwhelmed with fashion crimes that I just did not want to play anymore and set the game to easy just to beat it. It has great ideas but I feel like the lack of weapon variety and exploration really hurts it, especially when a lot of times it prioritizes fast movement jumping puzzles like Doom Eternal does.

Additionally I started Airport CEO on my Mac, bought it during the Steam Capitalism and Economy Sale. It's pretty good. It's essentially Prison Architect in design but instead of building a prison, you're building airports, from small Flight Clubs airfields, to municipal airports, to big international airports.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

0ADF5ECB125C9AB54FE473717E6317FD85AFAF59

This brings us to today's fun fact: Did you know Lego built an airport? In 1961 Godtfred Kirk Christiansen wanted to build an airport in their small town of Billund, Denmark to make it easy to ship and sell the Lego toys all over the world. A year later, Billund Airport was officially opened. Lego ran the airport until 1964 when they turned it over to the Billund Municipality, but they still own a tiny bit of the airport today with their own private hanger

Airport CEO follows a similar structure by recommending you build a small airstrip similarly to how they did and then build it up as you go along.

Spoilers for what I'll be doing today. Today Palworld released in early access. I've been waiting years for this game since the initial trailer

Palworld-Release-Date-Game-Pass-1024x576.jpg

Finally, a monster collecting game that finally adds what Pokemon was sorely missing: guns, slave labor, and other human atrocities. Remember: War crimes rhymes with fun times.

pal-world-factory-monsters.jpg

Aside from becoming a Pokemon war criminal, this weekend I plan to play and beat Hellblade 1 since the Xbox Direct happened yesterday and gave a release date for Hellblade 2.

Reactions: Queen6

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
I played a total of THREE games on Windows the last two years - No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 and VtM: Bloodlines. The first 2 because they aren't available on digital platforms so I had to use my CD copies ... and Bloodlines I couldn't even get to launch on the Steam Deck.

Everything else has been on Deck with a small amount of Mac.

So I'm totally in for 2024 - I will work harder to get things working on Deck as needed!

Nice to know I'm not going in alone on this. It's always good to have reinforcements

Aside from PCVR, really the only game I played on Windows last year that could not be played on Linux was Call of Duty Modern Warfare II (2022) and I got no interest in playing again since my favorite mode DMZ has now officially been abandoned. It still says "beta" on it's logo too. ☠️

LaterWolf

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2022
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Day 18

And with that, Fashion Police Squad is finished. It had some great moments but I'm kinda disappointed exploration was pretty much nonexistent. Near the end I felt so starved for resources as I got so overwhelmed with fashion crimes that I just did not want to play anymore and set the game to easy just to beat it. It has great ideas but I feel like the lack of weapon variety and exploration really hurts it, especially when a lot of times it prioritizes fast movement jumping puzzles like Doom Eternal does.

Additionally I started Airport CEO on my Mac, bought it during the Steam Capitalism and Economy Sale. It's pretty good. It's essentially Prison Architect in design but instead of building a prison, you're building airports, from small Flight Clubs airfields, to municipal airports, to big international airports.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This brings us to today's fun fact: Did you know Lego built an airport? In 1961 Godtfred Kirk Christiansen wanted to build an airport in their small town of Billund, Denmark to make it easy to ship and sell the Lego toys all over the world. A year later, Billund Airport was officially opened. Lego ran the airport until 1964 when they turned it over to the Billund Municipality, but they still own a tiny bit of the airport today with their own private hanger

Airport CEO follows a similar structure by recommending you build a small airstrip similarly to how they did and then build it up as you go along.

Spoilers for what I'll be doing today. Today Palworld released in early access. I've been waiting years for this game since the initial trailer

Finally, a monster collecting game that finally adds what Pokemon was sorely missing: guns, slave labor, and other human atrocities. Remember: War crimes rhymes with fun times.

Aside from becoming a Pokemon war criminal, this weekend I plan to play and beat Hellblade 1 since the Xbox Direct happened yesterday and gave a release date for Hellblade 2.

Day 18

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

As an diehard avgeek, I really want to play airport ceo, maybe I'm buying it, might as well pick up prison architect while at it

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Day 19

This is a day, I have waited three years for. Palworld has finally released, and now that it's in early access, I'm happy to say it delivered. It is good, like, stupidly good. In just 24 hours it not only sold over 2 million copies...

...but it has also become the top 10 most played game on Steam of all time, beating the records of GTA5, Monster Hunter World, Destiny 2, Call of Duty Warzone, and Apex Legends. That is not an easy bar to cross.

And best of all, it's causing the Pokemon fanatics to cope, seethe, and mald hard.

Before I get to the game highlight, some context is in order:

In 2019 was the "hype season" of Pokemon Sword and Shield, the first major mainline Pokemon games on a home console, and not just any home console, the smash hit Nintendo Switch. There was a lot of hype for this as this was our big dream, the first Pokemon mainline RPG on a home console.

And then E3 happened

dappledgrove4.jpg

And then Gamefreak announced going forward, the future Pokemon games would no longer have every Pokemon ever in them, a thing that used to be the series' stable since generation 3 on the Game Boy Advance. The discourse this caused, was enormous. It was the most toxic time to be a Nintendo fan ever. What made it worse was any legitimate criticism was getting buried by Pokemon fanboys, and a lot of them would take it a step further and draw targeted harassment on any critics...including me

And for what? A bastardized franchise that has become a joke by modern standards that has LESS content than the games that released on the Game Boys and DS, but for $20 more

b8a.jpeg

And despite the game being an objective dumpster fire...it still sold 26 million copies. Those same fanboys then used the sales numbers as even more ammo to silence criticism. Sword and Shield's release essentially sealed the franchise's fate as a sales juggernaut that will never improve because it will still sell boatloads no matter how bad it is, as evident from how Scarlet and Violet runs like complete ass.

SwShit Doomer.png

But then something happened in 2021. A small indie team in Japan called PocketPair announced a new game called Palworld. From the trailer, it was Pokemon, but with guns? AND SLAVE LABOR?! WHAT IS THIS?! Pokemon fanatics were raging, seeing the mere idea of this game with Pokemon lookalikes and violence, absolutely absurd! That trailer gave many hope of an alternative to Pokemon at last. Many games have tried to be that "Pokemon killer" like TemTem or Cassette Beasts, and they all failed one way or another, so there wasn't a lot of hope for Palworld

But then...every now and again, a miracle happens. Palworld launched in early access on Steam and Xbox Series X/S through the Xbox Game Preview program and Xbox Game Pass. And what was originally thought to be a shameless Pokemon clones but with guns and edgy humor, turned out to be actually really good.

So to see the shoe on the other foot and those same Pokemon fanatics who harassed me four years ago now malding over Palworld's overnight success, it's honestly just desserts.

crying_ash.jpg

Now, what makes Palworld so great that it's breaking records? Well I'll tell you

Palworld​

To describe Palworld briefly, it's an amalgamation of Pokemon Legends Arceus and Ark Survival Evolved. You are dropped in the mysterious Palworld with nothing, told only to find and go to the towers. From here, you must now explore, capture, hunt, and build. First you get some wood and stone to make some basic tools to be able to cut some trees and mine some stone to get some Palium, a mysterious resource used to create Pal Spheres. These are how you capture Pals. Just like in Pokemon you gotta weaken the Pal to make it easier to catch, but of course you don't start with any Pals unlike in Pokemon. So how are you supposed to weaken a Pal?

Oh that's easy. Just beat the crap out of it

GEQsztmWUAAKUis

Once it's weak enough throw a Pal Sphere. Just be careful not to beat it so hard that you kill the Pal. But if you do accidently kill a Pal, don't sweat it, there's plenty more. That dead Pal becomes food for yourself and other Pals

So aside from having a party of Pals for fighting, Pals are primarily used for camp labor. And this is where Palworld really shines. Not from the fact you have guns and can kill and do other inhumane acts that will probably get me tried in the Hague, but the Pals themselves. A big problem of survival crafting games has always been the tedium of them. You have to go chop down trees to get more wood, mine more, maintain a farm, maintain your bases, and of course craft all your gear constantly. In Palworld, that tedium is gone as the Pals can do all the boring work for you, leaving you to focus more on the fun side of survival crafting games: exploring and committing war crimes! Remember: War crimes rhyme with fun times

Here's an example from my first two hours of playtime. I was crafting a dozen Pal Spheres to go out hunting for slaves, I mean employees 😉 and crafting a Pal Sphere takes 15 seconds each. As I was crafting though, one of my Pals ran over to my crafting table and helped me craft these, greatly cutting back on the crafting time. The dozen Pal Spheres were finished in less than 30 seconds as a result. After I finished that, the two Pals I had so far began going to nearby rocks and destroying them to harvest stone and Palium, and then carried said resources to some chests I made and automatically put them in and organized them

GEQtYtwWwAAjX-V

The labor in a survival crafting game is greatly reduced, and seeing all your Pals doing all the heavy lifting in an organized matter is a level of euphoria that only the strongest, most refined crack cocaine can emulate. Sound familiar? Because that's the same kind of automation satisfation and addiction that got Factorio it's overwhelming success and infamy.

And of course you gotta take care of your Pals, having food management for them and making sure they get rest so they don't work themselves to death...or not. I mean if you want a sweatshop of Pals that work themselves to death, you can. PocketPair just made a big open world filled with human factions, Pals, and various weapons and just lets you do whatever you want with it, no matter how horrible and inhumane that may be

You can capture humans too...

Even in it's early access state, the game is absolutely loaded and worth a buy right now. I'm also pleased to say it works perfectly through GPTK as Andrew Tsai tested so Mac users rejoice! You too can become a Palworld war criminal!

I look forward to whatever future updates come of Palworld

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Day 20 and 21

I'm gonna lump the weekend together in one post as Palworld was literally all I played, that and I was also doing housework to prepare my home for when I get back from surgery this week as I'll be in a crippled state for the next 3 months. I know I planned to beat Hellblade 1 this weekend but that will have to wait because...god damn...

Palworld is pretty demanding for my Deck (at least for now) as I had to lower graphics all the way to low with the exception of draw distance to even get 30 FPS. So until more optimizations come I'll have to play on the Nobara PC.

But man...what the hell? Why the hell is this game so good?! There's no reason it should be popping off like it is. It's just Pokemon with guns with bits and pieces from Zelda Breath of the Wild and Ark Survival Evolved. It should not work as good as it does. And yet...it does! Exploration and the automation/management angle of managing your Pals workloads is absolutely addictive, as Saturday night I stayed up until 5 AM playing. PocketPair stole some of Factorio's crack.

And that's not all. By the weekend's end, Palworld has now sold over five million copies, and has now crossed over 1,500,000 concurrent players as of writing. It is now the #3 most played game on Steam of all time, and is less than 300k players away from beating Counter Strike 2's record. It has beaten the all time peak records of:

• Grand Theft Auto 5
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Destiny 2
  • Call of Duty Warzone
  • Apex Legends
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Dota 2
  • And more big titles
And bear in mind this is just for Steam alone, this isn't even factoring in Xbox players. The game has become a global phenomenon to the point the release of The Last of Us 2 Remastered got completely overshadowed by it. I completely forgot it even came out. Hell Nintendo yesterday did a tweet trying to promote the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC, and they got flooded and ratio'd by thousands of tweets roasting them and calling Palworld better.

And I'm just sitting back with popcorn watching the wonderful chaos as the Pokemon fanatics, the same ones who sent me death threats all those years ago for criticizing their games, are now malding uncontrollably over the game's overwhelming success. Palworld is now doing Pokemon numbers, a feat no other "Pokemon killer" has ever done, and as a result Pokemon fans are now feeling threatened now that there's an actual competitor upstaging them.

This year is gonna be fun

ss_8ef8a16df5e357df5341efdb814192835814107f.0.jpg

Reactions: MacFoxG4 and Queen6

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Day 22

I'm two days from my foot reconstruction surgery so if I miss posting those days, that's why.

Anyway back to Palworld. I built my first base close to the initial spawn, but learned that's a bad idea due to a lack of resources and Pals, and it's a waste of a spot since there's a fast travel point literally a few steps from it. So I packed up and relocated farther away in a valley next to a waterfall. The move was really easy. Palworld gives you a full refund on materials on any structure or object you built within a base's border so you can easily relocate if you need to, just so long as you don't dismantle the Palbox first before you move all the important stuff.

After I finished though, I started getting attacked by a faction called the Free Pal Alliance. Even in this isekai world I'm fighting god damn environmentalists. If I get close enough to them I hear them say horrible words like "hIgHeR wAgEs!" and "eQuAl pAy!" Fortunately, I had built a saddle for Nitewings, an early game flying Pal, so now I had a flying mount and could reign death from above.

The environmentalist menace was dealt with, but they would be back. So I had to erect walls around the settlement to better protect myself. Now that safety has been achieved, my next goal is to get to level 21, as level 21 is when I can unlock the first guns being muskets. I paid $30 for Pokemon with guns, so by god I want Pokemon with guns

Even more news. Palworld has now sold over 6 million copies in 4 days. Additionally, it has now overtaken Counter Strike 2's all time peak player count of a little over 1.8 million. Palworld is now the 2nd most played game on Steam of all time. It is now behind Playerunknown's Battlegrounds which sits at over 3 million.

lg-f6104afde78a4619eb57d6a280373531.png

Reactions: MacFoxG4 and Queen6

LaterWolf

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2022
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Been taking another break. To summarize these last few days: Airport CEO, Prison architect, Minecraft, Cities Skylines 2 (fries almost any computer) and Buy an iPhone 15 Pro Max for your friend Simulator (and Roblox.... Yes I did lol 😂)
It's become kinda funny watching my other friend rage over Windows 11

Reactions: Spaceboi Scaphandre

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Day 23

Surgery is tomorrow so I'll be going dark for two days after this post. When I get back online I'll post the days I missed if I play anything

Anyway Palworld brainrot continues. These damn environmentalists are pissing me off though. I need to hurry and level up more so I can get access to some base defenses

But at last I unlocked the ability to make the first gun in the game: Muskets. Just one problem: To build guns you need high quality Pal oil, which only specific rarer Pals drop it, and said Pals are nowhere near my base. But, they are west. When I explored west I found a cliffside absolutely covered in metal ore veins. So much ore that production would be E X P A N D E D. So the goal is clear now: I need to move west and set up a mining labor camp base.

But that's a problem for future postop Spaceboi. Present day Spaceboi is focused on getting gun in Pokemon with Guns. The closest Pal to me that would drop high quality Pal oil are these: Woolipops

show

Little sheeps who's wool is made out of cotton candy. Catching some would mean I could have some cotton candy production to give my workers a sweet treat as a reward for their labor. After a lot, and I mean a lot of exploring, I caught and killed enough Woolipops for the oil I needed. Muskets, here we come!

And just like that I built a musket. I now finally had a gun in Pokemon with Guns. Just another problem: Guns need ammo, and to make ammo for the musket I need gunpowder, and gunpowder needs sulfur, and sulfur spawns in dungeons and babababababababababababababa

Yep, it's official. The crack has now kicked in and my brain has gone into autopilot figuring out how to get this work more efficient. So to wake brain up more, I decided to do some more exploring. I caught my first Boss Pal, and by sheer chance I accidently ran into a Lucky Pal.

Lucky Pals are Palworld's version of Shiny Pokemon. In Pokemon Shinies are Pokemon that are a different color pallete from the norm. The most iconic example being the Red Gyarados.

1706103522671.jpeg

Now originally when Shiny Pokemon were introduced in generation two they weren't just different color, they also had unique stats. But in Gen 3 they made them just color swaps as locking unique stats because absurdly rare Pokemon was absurd, bearing in mind this was years before the Masuda Method was created so finding shinies was a lot more difficult and rare and not really worth it. Well Palworld takes the concept one step further. Lucky Pals aren't color swapped, but instead much larger versions of the normal pal, with unique stats, and an overpowered attack.

images

Beeg sheep

Now, another update. Palworld has now sold over 7 million copies in 5 days. It has now sold more than Pokemon Legends Arceus did in it's first week. If it keeps this pace up of one million copies sold per day in one week it'll now reach average mainline Pokemon game sales, then a couple weeks later outsell Sword and Shield and Scarlet and Violet. It has also crossed over 2 million players in it's all time peak.

Last edited:

LaterWolf

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2022
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Day 23

Surgery is tomorrow so I'll be going dark for two days after this post. When I get back online I'll post the days I missed if I play anything

Anyway Palworld brainrot continues. These damn environmentalists are pissing me off though. I need to hurry and level up more so I can get access to some base defenses

But at last I unlocked the ability to make the first gun in the game: Muskets. Just one problem: To build guns you need high quality Pal oil, which only specific rarer Pals drop it, and said Pals are nowhere near my base. But, they are west. When I explored west I found a cliffside absolutely covered in metal ore veins. So much ore that production would be E X P A N D E D. So the goal is clear now: I need to move west and set up a mining labor camp base.

But that's a problem for future postop Spaceboi. Present day Spaceboi is focused on getting gun in Pokemon with Guns. The closest Pal to me that would drop high quality Pal oil are these: Woolipops

show

Little sheeps who's wool is made out of cotton candy. Catching some would mean I could have some cotton candy production to give my workers a sweet treat as a reward for their labor. After a lot, and I mean a lot of exploring, I caught and killed enough Woolipops for the oil I needed. Muskets, here we come!

And just like that I built a musket. I now finally had a gun in Pokemon with Guns. Just another problem: Guns need ammo, and to make ammo for the musket I need gunpowder, and gunpowder needs sulfur, and sulfur spawns in dungeons and babababababababababababababa

Yep, it's official. The crack has now kicked in and my brain has gone into autopilot figuring out how to get this work more efficient. So to wake brain up more, I decided to do some more exploring. I caught my first Boss Pal, and by sheer chance I accidently ran into a Lucky Pal.

Lucky Pals are Palworld's version of Shiny Pokemon. In Pokemon Shinies are Pokemon that are a different color pallete from the norm. The most iconic example being the Red Gyarados.

View attachment 2340619

Now originally when Shiny Pokemon were introduced in generation two they weren't just different color, they also had unique stats. But in Gen 3 they made them just color swaps as locking unique stats because absurdly rare Pokemon was absurd, bearing in mind this was years before the Masuda Method was created so finding shinies was a lot more difficult and rare and not really worth it. Well Palworld takes the concept one step further. Lucky Pals aren't color swapped, but instead much larger versions of the normal pal, with unique stats, and an overpowered attack.

images

Beeg sheep

Now, another update. Palworld has now sold over 7 million copies in 5 days. It has now sold more than Pokemon Legends Arceus did in it's first week. If it keeps this pace up of one million copies sold per day in one week it'll now reach average mainline Pokemon game sales, then a couple weeks later outsell Sword and Shield and Scarlet and Violet. It has also crossed over 2 million players in it's all time peak.
Palworld seems interesting. I'll pass to save money after playing buying an iphone 15 pm for your friend sim and also buying get a case for her simulator (absolutely not FineWoven tho)

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
if DCS world worked on Linux i would have no use for Windows any more.

But it doesn't and 50% of my gaming is in DCS.

If MWIII didn't suck so much ass I would be in the same boat since Ricochet Anti-cheat blocks Call of Duty from launching on Linux. Good thing MWIII does suck though so I'm not worried. Even Warzone is a hot mess right now, and a lot of people are looking forward more for Black Ops Gulf War at this point.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Been taking another break. To summarize these last few days: Airport CEO, Prison architect, Minecraft, Cities Skylines 2 (fries almost any computer) and Buy an iPhone 15 Pro Max for your friend Simulator (and Roblox.... Yes I did lol 😂)
It's become kinda funny watching my other friend rage over Windows 11

Yooooo you got Airport CEO too? 👀 Did you buy it recently after seeing me play it or had it for a while?

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Day 24 (Posted from the hospital waiting room on my Macbook Pro)

Help. Palworld

Okay I got the mining camp setup. Just one problem. Turns out to automate mining ore you need a Pal with Mining Lvl 2, which I do not have. So now I gotta find some that can.

Pain

On the bright side I caught another Lucky Pal

Additionally Palworld has no crossed over 8 million. It has beaten every Pokemon game's (except Scarlet and Violet's) launch week sales

If you wanna buy the game do it now as the launch week discount ends tomorrow

Reactions: Queen6 and MacFoxG4

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Day 25:

Good morning. I'm posting from the hospital room. Guess I didn't go dark after all. Couldn't stop the challenge even after surgery for y'all

Anyway, I'm clearing physical therapy now so I'll probably get discharged today, but as for yesterday I mainly just played Hearthstone on my Macbook Pro completing my weekly quests. Was using an Aggro Paladin Deck with a Leeroy Jenkins skin and a highlander Blood DK using Blood Queen Lana'thel

maxresdefault.jpg

809px-Blood-Queen_Lana%27thel_%28hero%29_full.jpg

Yael-S.

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2022
I have been using Linux as a daily driver for a long time and I noticed about five years ago that, if you were good with Linux, WINE and DXVK back then, you could easily get really far in playing the best games that existed back then.

For the last five years, I have mainly been using FreeBSD and OpenBSD as daily drivers, and even with these systems you can game well if you are a creative person and can work with Unix-like systems.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind on OpenBSD

o8wqTgi.png

9CO3DGj.png

Queen6

macrumors G4
I have been using Linux as a daily driver for a long time and I noticed about five years ago that, if you were good with Linux, WINE and DXVK back then, you could easily get really far in playing the best games that existed back then.

For the last five years, I have mainly been using FreeBSD and OpenBSD as daily drivers, and even with these systems you can game well if you are a creative person and can work with Unix-like systems.

Is all possible, just takes a little imagination - Doom 3 like you've never seen before on the Mac...
Doom 3 Hell Knight - Macworld 2001 Preview.jpg

New game engine, new graphics package that's very faithful to the original. Playable on both Apple Silicon & Intel 64 bit Mac's...:cool:

Q-6

Last edited:
Reactions: Irishman

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Day 26

Finally back home. God that hospital was hell. I couldn't sleep at all as they kept checking my vitals every 2 hours. But at least I'm home and finally with dogs.

While I was in the hospital room I had Two Point Hospital on my Macbook. Two Point Hospital is the spiritual successor to Bullfrog's Theme Hospital, made by the same team. They even got the same intercom announcer lady from Theme Hospital back giving funny intercom announcements like "a reminder: No payment, no care."

What I love about Two Point Hospital are all the madeup conditions. For example: Lightheadedness. In Two Point, Lightheadedness means your head has been turned into a lightbulb. So you gotta diagnose it, then build a treatment room for it. There's also Jest Infection where the patient thinks they're a clown.

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia

o8wqTgi.png

9CO3DGj.png
sure you can make it work, however my time is limited and last time i ran linux exclusively i spent as much time rooting around making games work (or chasing minor glitches) as i did playing them. and i only have maybe 6 hours per week tops to spend gaming.

i tried dcs world about 6 months ago. it would load and run but graphical glitches everywhere. looked terrible. i’ll keep an eye on linux gaming every 6 months or so (i was daily driving linux back in 1996) and its a lot better than when i started (doom1 and abuse!) but still not there yet. 25 years plus later.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Day 27

So recovering from surgery I'm gonna be unable to use my desktop as I can't sit at my desk. I need my leg elevated. So I'm stuck on my Mac, and my Steam Deck

So that means today was pain (both mentally and physically) as now I had to play sort the storage to reinstall Black Ops 3 as I want to play Zombies, but I can't if I can't get on my desktop. There's no reason for this game to be this big. Unfortunately I can't opt out of the campaign and multiplayer as the game has an issue where if all the modes aren't installed the menus laaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Man...

All I played again was Hearthstone, as I was mainly resting the pain away and waiting until I could take some Tramadol. At least I'm at Diamond Rank so I'm set for the rest of the month. What I need to do though is take inventory of what to play on Deck in my state, as currently I'm playing more on my Mac because of the longer battery life

Maybe I should play some Factorio on it. Start taking crack with my Tramadol

fff-371-apple-thumbnail-grey-square.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.