Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthogag

macrumors 68020
Jan 15, 2015
Canada
My M2 iPad Pro is very good. Using it with Pencil is the only way to use it. Keyboards are for zombies.

Better cameras will be excellenté

It will also probably have better speakers and a better microphone.

I am hoping Apple didn't move the front-facing camera to landscape orientation. 🙏

DarthDon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2020
Dear God, let Apple finally bring an upgrade to the pad mini. 512GB would be great. Display problems should be solved...

Reactions: Stenik

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
This rumored announcement would be around the same time as the Surface Pro 10, with Snapdragon X and OLED display, running a proper desktop OS with a similar rumored price point.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I've heard the X is close to the M series. Competition is good. Being restricted to Ipad OS on these powerful machines is tiring.

Last edited:

redcarlsen

macrumors regular
May 22, 2014
There are just a couple of key apps that make me want an ipad.
I wish app makers would put their good stuff on Android as well.
Looks like I'll just hold on to my older ipad air indefinitely.
iOS is a pain and the speculated prices are ridiculous.

Reactions: VaruLV

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
It’s the Higher Prices part that’s getting me. I’m debating between upgrading either my M1 MBP or my 2018 iPad Pro. This would be a nice screen, but I’m still not seeing much of a reason to upgrade either.
I’d love an OLED screen but they would have to do something flashy to get me to upgrade— the ability to run macOS apps when in keyboard mode would make it an instant buy for me.

till

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
New York or Berlin
Maybe Apple doesn't do any kind of press event this time (ie, the rumor comes from somebody who would usually know about press invites), but I would be shocked if there's no online video event to launch a major revision to the iPad Pro.

They have enough to talk about here. They'll have even more to talk about if they've finally made the choice to enable the iPad Pro to run a virtualized macOS.

reyesmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Central Texas
They put out fake prices so people go, oh, the price increase isn't that bad. Not the first time we hear stuff like this before an announcement. What matters more is why have a desktop chip in a tablet if you can't use it as a desktop replacement. Enough already with needing every apple device, they are all powerful enough to act as a computer if they wanted to. And if they counted as computers, Apple would have a huge share of computers out there.

mrr

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Time to update my iPad Pro First Gen with a cracked screen. Air or Pro?

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
Still super wrapped with everything my M1 iPad Pro can do. It’s actually the most useful computer style device I have ever owned. If it had a desktop style OS, I would sell it straight away. 🤮

zilchfox

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I just want better battery life. I get 2-3 hours out of my iPad Pro 12.9” 5th gen while drawing. The battery isn’t degraded, it’s always been like this since day 1. I guess my drawing app isn’t very battery efficient, I dunno.

I am, however, still using my Apple Pencil 2 I bought in 2018 and it’s still doing perfectly fine.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
A new Magic Keyboard will not bring your iPad closer to a laptop experience, as such. Tweaking iPadOS accordingly might, however. Will Apple do it? Not so sure…

Reactions: VaruLV

sledgehammer89

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
Missing 24GB RAM and iPadOS Pro options in this list. Also I want to have a Smart Keyboard too. Best keyboard not to get dust, dirt and crumbs into the keyboard.

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
So long as it only has one IO port, no data capability through the Magic Keyboard and no headphone socket, it's still going to be half a laptop with half an operating system. iPads are wonderful as casual sofa surfing devices, but the Pro iteration has a personality disorder. The sole USB-C socket also has a not-unheard-of propensity to disintegrate under heavy use, thus turning the device into an expensive floor tile. I'll pass.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Not expecting a major price hike. Expecting 256GB as base storage. Will be nice to have wireless charging/StandBy feature. Also waiting to see the new Pencil.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.