Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichHI

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2018
Princeville, HI
[sarcasm]
Please, Apple, PLEASE let this upcoming M3 iPad Pro have either a notch or Dynamic Notchland. And please don't bring back Touch ID. Also, please make sure it still has no headphone jack because, just as you claimed with the iPhone 7, you really need to save space inside 11-inch and 13-inch tablets.

Tim Cook forever!
[/sarcasm]

Two notches or islands for Portrait or Landscape use? [Heavy Sarcasm]

Last edited:

N82

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2020
Dear God, let Apple finally bring an upgrade to the pad mini. 512GB would be great. Display problems should be solved...
Just bought an iPad mini 6 last week and so happy with it. Perfect size, good screen and fast enough. I understand that Apple has not yet provided an update for this. I also understand the negatives of the screen, but it is workable.

Shifts

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2019
Curious about this one, mostly to see if they moved the front-facing camera or not. Also looking forward to new thinness, M3 and new keyboard.

kiranmk2

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2008
I’m having a hard time buying this until WiFi 7. My refresh interval is 4 years or so.
Even if they didn't exactly lead the way on storage capacity or RAM, Apple was always ahead of the pack on networking - 802.11n was introduced to Apple devices (including routers) well ahead of final certification. Now here we are and WiFi 6E is only just being rolled out (3 after certification) with no sign of WiFi 7 (just about to be certified).

Reactions: VaruLV

SmugMaverick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
UK
Designers don't work at Apple anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Williams just designed this one himself with AI and call it a day.

zero innovation, zero designers, zero vision. LAZY.

I was set on buying this after owning the 2018 model but since the "redesign" of the iPhone 15 I had a feeling it was over for Apple designers. Expect a "redesign" of Apple Watch 10 in the same vein.

All about bean counters and churning out same feed for the sheep.

I'll just get a new battery or buy the 14" OLED Galaxy tab 9 Ultra for £999.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
what an upgrade this is going to be from my 2018 12.9” (as I probably say in a lot of threads LOL).

the M-Series Pros look great so I’m really hyped for this.

just announce it!

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I’m curious to see what M3 Apple puts in the iPad Pro. If they put the 8 core CPU + 10 core GPU, like they did with the M2 iPad Pro, the risk of overheating is pretty real, given the temperatures this M3 variant reaches on the MacBook Air.

If they choose to put the 8 core CPU + 8 core GPU, the heat could be managed more easily, as the MacBook Air with this M3 variant behaves much better without active cooling. However, this would mean that this iPad Pro would have a GPU with less cores than the previous M2 iPad Pro. And I know that the M3 GPU architecture is new and better than the M2 GPU, but still…

pcd213

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2019
The display and sound quality on recent iPad Pros have been truly remarkable. For me, they never lasted beyond the 14-day return window because of the software. In my opinion, it always felt like a kid’s OS. Again, my opinion…yours may very well differ. I also longed for a real, true hinge. Given these reasons, I couldn’t justify spending so much money on a device I would use for streaming content, alone. As such, we have an older iPad Air 3 that serves that purpose and is ok (albeit just ok).

I am really looking forward to seeing the new models in a store, but don’t see myself spending money here.

Reactions: VaruLV and NMBob

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
Hurry up and release it already. Can't wait to upgrade my 2018 iPad Pro. Looking forward to the OLED!

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
"laptop experience", LOL and apps can't even have proper File Manager APIs (most apps and File integrations can't access entire folders)
I’m always surprised at The difficulty people have in using the Files app. A direct link to:
  • Files on this iPad
  • iCloud
  • Onedrive
  • Dropbox
  • Google Drive
  • Box
  • Many more
The iPad does not need a desktop OS or desktop file system. Of people want that, get a desktop. The iPad is perfect the way it is.

Last edited:

xmarcuswildx

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
I’m always surprised at The difficulty people have in using the Files app. A direct link to:
  • Files on this iPad
  • iCloud
  • Onedrive
  • Dropbox
  • Google Drive
  • Box
  • Many more
The iPad does not need a desktop OS or desktop file system. Of people want that, get a desktop. The iPad is perfect the way it is. But I understand people can struggle with new technologies
The biggest issue is developers purposely hamper some apps on iPads for whatever damn reason. Leaving out 1-2 key elements to make it like it’s full counter part. Software wise there is no reason… it’s like it’s done on purpose.

Reactions: steve09090

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
Ahh, here they come again - "laptop experience" for those few naive folks to sell this as a laptop replacement at a hefty premium.
It never was and, until they improve iPadOS or allow dual boot MacOS on iPad Pro with 8GB of RAM, never will be laptop replacement in general.
Just because it does few things that a laptop does too doesnt mean that it can be considered a complete laptop replacement - this ones for those Apple fanboys/girls who try to convince anyone that they can watch Youtube and send emails on iPad so it MUST BE a laptop replacement. Yeah, right...
Anyway, they redesigned keyboard due to technical reasons, not because this thing all of a suddent will make iPad Pro better laptop replacement.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
This rumored announcement would be around the same time as the Surface Pro 10, with Snapdragon X and OLED display, running a proper desktop OS with a similar rumored price point.
Would still take my iPad Pro 12.9 over a SP and I like SP’s. Have tested both extensively side by side my iPad is so much more versatile. Use it for work 90% of the time and continues to be rock solid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.